Cold room?

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I had to clear out my cold room and then this morning it hit me...my 4 x 4 x 6 1/2 foot tent fits in there with room to spare. I can exhaust it out the hole which is currently blocked (just used for storage).
The 1000 watt HPS in that tent exhausting outside...do you think that can work?
Dark time might be problematic but hey maybe someone did this before. I want to find a spot to put that tent and the light in the rotation. My power bill came in and wow its not that bad at all.
Full steam ahead.
20191121_064844.jpg

D

Deleted member 60

How "cold" does the "cold" room get?

No need to dial it down IMO. 1000 in a 4 x 4 is good stuff.

Something I just did in preparation of firing up for the winter was to put a 2" piece of rigid foam board under my tent. Cold roots are the worst. They can take some cold up top...no worries (though many freak out of it gets below 60F...LOL)...but cold roots slow everything down, IMO.

If it's colder @ night run yer lights 8PM to 8AM. (I always run lights at night here)

good luck!

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Thanks man...I will get a sheet or 2 of that insulation styrofoam and why not. I will build shelves for totes this is one of the few spaces i can actually do this and secure it.
And I really dont want to take away something. I would rather add a space and leave my rooms as they are (wonderful)

I moved in in april so this is all new to me. I would estimate the cold room never gets below 5C or about 45 F. If its a pita it can adjust space to make it veg and not bloom.

I want to run that light really really bad....1000 watts. Is it wrong to be hard? That is a heatheraider question. I think he would say you should be hard or it wont be GREATNESS!

I am just guessing but i am close....and maybe a loincloth.

i made caps for him and then brownies out of the rest and i was running around naked after half a brownie...it was @Heathenraider certified strong

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Tonight i will talk to my wonderful wife. i was going to use a different part of the basement. She will think this is wonderful and love me.
I may be the worlds greatest lover and she won the lottery...well so did i...i found a woman that is a roman candle... so...cold room it is.
Somebody tried to beat me down from 200 bucks for the 315 and 4 x 4 tent. She said dont sell anything you moron and she was RIGHT. I will use everything.
And yield per watt....what?

I want staggering yields...if i must replicate the sun than so be it !

D

Deleted member 60

LOL....you rocked my memory back to the days when I took an old king size waterbed mattress and the heater and filled it about halfway in my room. I was doing a wall-to-wall SOG then...the pots would fall over if they weren't packed tight...but man...did the roots ever love life in that set up.

But you and the little woman are probably using the waterbed for >other< activities...so hey...nevermind!

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
found this out the hard way a time or two, living in places, cold floor when lights out in tent, no matter how warm room is, chilly floor means slow down. I fight it the best I can, I also found out, contrary to my brilliant/preconceived notions, that keepin the medium dryer during these times might help, ime, the damp will hold warmth more than more dry, but again, there's prolly info that says otherwise, lol. I finally just blasted my intake air so at least if the room is warm, that intake air will be warm for a second or two longer at least