Clone Quarantine and Treatment

56k_modem

Getting my first clone from an outside source and want to make sure I take every precaution before introducing it to the veg area. Current plan is to stick it in the unused basement shower for a few week and do whatever treatment necessary. Not sure what that is yet though and also don't know what kinda medium it will be arriving in either.

What products should I be looking at? I'm ok with multiple applications and dunks, whatever needs to be done.

Rooted

Plant whisperer
Getting my first clone from an outside source and want to make sure I take every precaution before introducing it to the veg area. Current plan is to stick it in the unused basement shower for a few week and do whatever treatment necessary. Not sure what that is yet though and also don't know what kinda medium it will be arriving in either.

What products should I be looking at? I'm ok with multiple applications and dunks, whatever needs to be done.
Green cleaner.

56k_modem

Looks like the local spot has Azamax and Captain Jacks spinosad but no Green Cleaner. Already have the neem so i'll pick up the others.

Now to formulate the attack plan. All suggestions welcome

Azamax - Looks like this can be used as a foliar and soil drench but at different application rates. Maybe do both once a week? Mix up the foliar, spray and then dilute that down to drench strength and apply?

Captain Jacks - Application rate has a range of anywhere from 3-10 days.

Neem - I spray once a week in veg already so maybe just once a week for the new clone?

So, my idea is to apply a product every other day for a month or more starting with the azamax foliar and drench. Is this overkill?,

Should I hit the veg room a couple times just to make sure there's no spread?

Clone is sealed up in a big clear tote, guessing it will be fine as long as I open it once or twice a day for the month. Maybe not...no idea, stepping outside the comfort zone with all this new stuff.

56k_modem

I have returned with aza, captain and a gg4 clone in.....rockwool. FML now I have to figure out how to care for the cube too. Hope rw likes Jacks cause that's all i got...

Nothing to really defol on the clone so I'll start with your spray regimen.

Do I not have to do anything with the rootzone?

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
Does this clone have bugs? If you have it quarantined you can scope it daily and keep it separate from the other for a few week until you are confident it doesn’t have them. I see no need to use all that if the clone isn’t confirmed to have bugs

56k_modem

Does this clone have bugs? If you have it quarantined you can scope it daily and keep it separate from the other for a few week until you are confident it doesn’t have them. I see no need to use all that if the clone isn’t confirmed to have bugs
no idea if it came with any bugs on it, i'm just paranoid.

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
Here's what I do if it's seedlings or smallish clones that have mites.

Hold the clone leaves pointing down in a stream of water under a faucet. Let the water knock the mites off.

Smoke a joint first and take your time, get ALL the plant...why not get ALL the plant twice? Go sloooow. Heck why not smoke two joints and dip the plant in a container of soapy water swish it around some and then give it a final water rinse ?

Then spray with pepper spray with a surfactant added (couple drops of dish soap), under leaves, stem, branches and leaf tops. Go nuts and drench the clones, let 'em drip dry. Wear a mask or kerchief over mouth and nose. Don't want to be breathing pepper spray

Then repeat at least every other day until you're satisfied mites are done. I like green cleaner, but don't like to use it or other harsh stuff, sulfur, neem etc. on young plants. Don't want to risk burning 'em.

Vee

Ancient Member

Most the time I refuse to take other attempts at cloning but should I ...
1: I'd remove and trash the medium in which they arrive
2: Dunk all.. includes the roots into an air temp solution of bleach and tepid water
3: Dunk again to remove the bleach in fresh air temp water, allow to dry
4: potup in fresh soil /perlite mix..apply neem oil
5: watch close for 5? days in a seperate down wind area
6: after a week place with the other plants