Classic BROTHERS GRIM + BRISCO'S BEANS

VAHomegrown

The Big Black Bananas got their lights bumped to full power (2×150w) They are absolutely loving it. I am backing off on the nitrogen next feeding. I haven't had any major issues with these yet and am enjoying the easy run. The ripe Banana/cookie odor is really starting to get pungent.
They are 3 weeks into flower (12/12 on 7/1 first pistils 7-12) These gals are about a week and a half behind my other tent. The colas that were super cropped are much thicker and have more visible trichs than those branches that were not. Gotta love the healing process, big proponent.20210805_213252.jpg20210806_070322.jpg

VAHomegrown

Week 4 of flower. 4x2 tent under the Viparspectra P4000. Getting stacked and very sticky. The carbon filter in this tent is no longer effective, it's way past its prime and will be replaced this week. Stinky AF! I overfed the Rosetta Stone last feeding and had some nute burn on the upper fans. I was at max ppm for this run (1140ppm) which is very high for me in the soil mix I use . I usually max around 900 ppm, but they wanted more. The nutrient burn has not progressed the fan leaves are still soft and helping the plant. Flush with FF Sledgehammer planned for Tuesday.

Took these just after lights out this morning.

DTC 99 #1
20210808_070055.jpg20210808_070102.jpg
Rosetta Stone XX

VAHomegrown

Rosetta Stone must be transgender b/c she is growing some donkey dicks! I had to back off on my feeding PPM due to some nute burn I caused but she didn't seem to mind too much. I water/feed around every 3-4 days due to the coco in the soil mix and lots of perlite. The 5 gallon air pots really allow them to drain quickly with no fear of root burn or rotting.
*20210812_060518.jpg20210812_060548.jpg20210812_060658.jpgBottom picture is of the Big Black Bananas. I've backed off on almost all nitrogen on these gals for the time being. No idea how long these run, I will just be patient and start check the trichs in a few weeks.

Attachments

VAHomegrown

Wake and bake Watering this morning.
All had well water, unsulphered molasses and Cal-mag (4ml per gal) @6.5PH.
I watered each five gallon air pot with 4 gallons and each 2 gallon fabric pot with 2 gallons of the mixture.
Input PPM was 250. Runoff maxed at 435 PPM when flushed through plants and measured in the basins. By end of watering the basin measurements averaged 135PPM @ 6.5 PH. My well water is currently @ 94 PPM and 8.4 PH. I use a mixture of Coco, Perlite and soil so I make sure I have plenty of run off to keep salts from building and to fully soak the medium. I have slowly switched to using Air Pots for this reason as the fabric bags seem to hold the salts if not given a high volume of water. I usually water or feed every 3 days on average.
Next feeding will be all organic bottled/dry nutrients as I approach the final stretch. Big Bloom + Incredible Bulk+ a tiny amount of Lotus Carboflush (0-0-12) @ a target of 600pmm and then increasing through flower.
I am trying to give them as little nitrogen as I can, they got hit hard a few weeks ago and showed signs of nute burn which you can see. I haven't seen any stunting or lockout issues but I'm sure I hurt my yield in some way. The carbon filters are fighting to keep the wonderful odors down. I will do some more defolation this week. I tend to slowly defolite, as needed rather than Swazzing or removing a large amount at one time.

Pics:
Top: 4x2 tent- DTC-99, Left top of tent. Rosetta Stone XX bottom right center of pic.
Upper middle pic: Rosetta Stone XX cola
Lower middle pic: Big Black Banasas
Bottom pic: DTC-99 clone taken in early flower, rooted and is now flowering. It's about 5 weeks old. I had never taken clones from a flowering mother and wanted to see if I could get it could root and not go into re-veg. Takes forever but works.

20210816_072619.jpg20210816_072642.jpg20210815_070439.jpg20210815_070417_copy_1887x1646.jpg

VAHomegrown

52 days since 12/12 switch.
Lights on temp 80-82 @ near tops & 45-50% humidity.
Lights out temps 70. 45-50% humidity. The two
DTC-99s & Rosetta Stone will be flushed next watering using Sledge Hammer (2 tsp/gallon- in 5 gallon air pots I water with 2 gallons, allow to sit for an hour, then use well water to flush until ppm is barely above my tap water. I will then feed using organic big Bloom, Incredible Bulk & Lotus carbo flush @ 600ppm & 6.5 PH to help them finish bulking and then molasses water from there on out. I'm expecting about 2 more weeks for the most mature

The Big Black Bananas are coming along nicely. I will most likely chop when then get about 10% ambers. It's looking like they will be a 9 week variety. They had some excess nitrogen issues which may limit my yield and have not been grown in ideal conditions; 2 different tents, previously SCROG'd, 3 different lights. They are in 2 gallon pots and are starting to show some nice coloration. Trichs are currenly 80% frosted, 20% clear & filling. I won't get much yield off these two but it looks and smells like it will be a fantastic smoke.

20210820_203723.jpg20210820_203513.jpg

Attachments

VAHomegrown

Day 55 of 12/12. Issues this run but everything is coming together.
The Brothers Grimm, DTC 99s and Rosetta Stone are still swelling and the odor is overwhelming and both are sticky. Any work in the tent leaves you with resinous arm hair and wonderfully smelly hands that only mineral spirits will clean.
The Big Black Banasas (second from bottom picture) are much smaller yielders but look amazing. I will harvest one that has all cloudy trichs this weekend/early next week and then wait on the second to get some amber.20210824_065957.jpg20210824_065655.jpg20210824_070151.jpg20210824_065932.jpg

VAHomegrown

Day 63 Finishing fades.
Chopped the first BBB that was ready on Sunday. The second is wrapping up and will get the chop along with the DTC-99 & Rosetta Stone as soon as this storm stops dumping rain and raising the humidity.
I've been very pleased with Big Black Bananas, and I will most likely keep the best female of my remaining beans as a mother. The bud density is phenomenal but the large trich size is the biggest draw as far as future breeding for me. The quick finish in first pheno will a desirable trait to look for as well. Smell at harvest is of a pungent Lemon/Pine OG followed by an earthy "cookie" smell with a sharp sweetness.

The DTC-99 & Rosetta Stone have been worked so long the only negative trait I have constantly found with these is the thin branches. Just above every branch needs support after the 6th week & if you aren't using a SCROG setup. Lots of bud weight on a dainty stem allows the smaller, non supported colas to droop everywhere. I have supplemented these with silica in the past and found no difference with the stem strength and resistance to bending.

The DTC-99 smells of sweet licorice with a slightly skunky undertone. Rosetta Stone smells like a good cologne or original Speed Stick deodorant.
20210901_065944.jpg20210901_065910.jpg20210901_065746.jpg20210901_065651.jpg
Top two pictures are of the BBB, two bottoms of DTC 99 and Rosetta Stone.