Classic BROTHERS GRIM + BRISCO'S BEANS

VAHomegrown

The seedlings are
Brothers Grimm: DTC-99
Brothers Grimm: Rosetta Stone XX
Brisco's Bargain Beans: Big Black Bananas
5 days old.

I wanted to get back to basics and do a simple soil grow with these, then switch to a RDWC set up this fall once I get everything dialed in, in the new house. The best plants of each these will be moved outdoors July 1st. I'm on a south facing slope @ just under 1800' should be interesting to see my results as my elevation is much higher than most of the state.
Lighting:
They were started under an HLG 100v2 but decided to move them into the text with the big boys.
Now under a Viparspectra P4000. Pulls 408w on my kill a watt meter. Adjustable brightness. Best "cheap" 400w LED option in my opinion.
19-5 light cycle

Tent: Started in a 2x2 but now in a Mars 4x2. I do not like this tent at all. I'm worried about light leaks at the zipper seams and the inlet holes are at the worst possible spots. I should have just gotten another Gorrilla. Live and learn again!

Soil: Fox Farms Coco-Loco. Perilite

VAHomegrown

Going well so far. Need to water today. Plan on doing my usual 6.5ph with 1/4 tsp calmag + 300 ppm Grow Big.
The last pic is of a Mosca Pina Colada Auto top that is almost done. The closest terp profile to coconut and sweet milk I've ever smelled. No gas or new school skunk smell. Very oily.

Attachments

VAHomegrown

Looking good today. One of my Big Black Bananas has had constant leaf curling issues (bottom pic). I think it may be placement in the text with the fan. I do not see any other signs of stress.
Water is well water (95ppm from the tap) that I PH to 6.8 With calmag & grow big 400ppm, & PH Down. Every every other water. Lights on temps stay in high 70s, low 80s with 50-60 humidity.
Any reccomendations?

Attachments

VAHomegrown

All are looking fantastic except for the Brisco's, Big Black Bananas. They seem to be very light sensitive and are showing signs of lightstess. I moved these to my 4x2 tent with a few auto's that are finishing up so they are under quite a bit of close light. The DTC-99 and Rosetta stone are loving the intense, direct light. Im moving the ppm up during feeding today to 75% of the reccomend nutes on FF schedule. Im planning to transplant on July 1st. They will have the tent all to themselves in about 3 or 4 days, they have started covering the tiny autos I have fininishing up.
Any opinions on my plans for repotting for flower?
I'm not against switching out the FF for another line organic, hybrid or other type of nutes. I was just using them this run since I quite a bit of experience with them and have had decent results.
Transplant for flower:
3.5 gallon airpots (they are odd size)
FF Coco-Loco soil
DYNOMYCO
Perlite
Vermiculite

*pics when they awaken

VAHomegrown

Packed house! Need more space. They are recovering from root bound and nutrient lockout issues nicely after being transplanted to the larger pots. I did not have space to transplant due to timing issues with a previous harvest so they stayed in their 1.5 gallon veg pots way too long. During transplant I trimmed off the excess and dead roots, just leaving about 3" of root hanging below the soil rootball. Got my fingers inside the rootball and really opened things up. I then Flushed roots and rootball with PH'd well water before transplant and coated roots with DYNOMYCO. They were sickly looking for about three days but are now thriving.
The two DTC-99's & the Rosetta Stone XX were transplanted to the 5 gallon air pots about a week ago and settled in nicely so I initated 12/12 switcy on July 1. I will be moving the Brisco's Big Black Bananas which are in two gallon fabric pots to a 2x2 so they have more space.
I'm getting the most pungent old school "road kill skunk" aroma from the largest of the DTC-99's. Haven't smelled anything similar since the early 2000's. Very excited.

Transplant for flower:
5 gallon Air Pots (4.2g usable)
50/50 mix of FF Coco-Loco/Ocean Forest
Perlite
Vermiculite
DYNOMYCO

Feeding FF Nutrient schedule at 1/3 strength (around 800 ppm) exept for BIG Bloom which I run full strength. I am trying to move away from salt based nutrients but it's harder to do than I thought.
20210703_055056.jpg

VAHomegrown

Moved the Big Black Bananas to a 2x2 to give the DTC-99's and Rosetta Stone more room. They are in 2 gallon fabric pots (transplanted 2 weeks ago from 1 gallon) I will be switching the light in the 2x2 to a 250w LED this week. The current older technology LED I'm running in the 2x2 pulls 114w from the wall. It has produced decent yeilds and good density in the past so I will keep it as a veg light or for other projects.
I'm not running a scrog net in the 2x4 this run, just staking and a little monster cropping. Lots of good bud sites in both tents. Very strong stalks and huge swollen knuckles on the Brother's Grimm varietals especially. I will do some defiliation next week but I tend to leave my plants somewhat bushy. 20210710_053130.jpg20210710_052915.jpg20210710_053045.jpg20210710_052943.jpg

VAHomegrown

Lots of tops in the 4x2...too many. If I can manage to keep the humidity down I will have a very respectable yield.
20210714_052922.jpg20210714_053056.jpg
The 2x2 will be getting a new light this week (upgrading to a 150w Viparspectra p1500)
I've been running the p4000 400w in the 4x2 for a few grows and couldn't ask for more. I know people don't like the lower budget LED's and always reccomend at minimum an HLG or CLW but cost to performance can't be beat IMO. I'm hoping the 150 will provide better coverage at 14" than my current light in the 2x2.

*I am dealing with some fucking moths that are managing to get in around the window AC. I need to seal that ASAP. Anyone recommend a good bug spray that is good for early flower just in case I need it?

VAHomegrown

Started the Incredible Bulk 2 feedings ago 1/4tsp per gallon. Following FF feed schedule at full strength, but used the Incredible Bulk instead of the FF offering.
20210717_190717.jpg20210717_193532.jpg20210717_193537.jpg The moth issue was cured with some PI contact killer around their entry area and then a light spray around the entry to the tent. This is one of the few grows where I am hoping they are going to shoot up instead of out. I'm maxed on floor space but I still have 4' of vertical space. The stakes for support and training, I use coated clothesline to attach 2 colas to each stake, fanning one left, one right.
Left to right in tent: Rosetta Stone XX, DTC 99 topped, DTC 99 FIM'd. ,Tuti frutti (wifes project, looks like a Dr Suess Tree)

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Lots of tops in the 4x2...too many. If I can manage to keep the humidity down I will have a very respectable yield.
View attachment 95954View attachment 95955
The 2x2 will be getting a new light this week (upgrading to a 150w Viparspectra p1500)
I've been running the p4000 400w in the 4x2 for a few grows and couldn't ask for more. I know people don't like the lower budget LED's and always reccomend at minimum an HLG or CLW but cost to performance can't be beat IMO. I'm hoping the 150 will provide better coverage at 14" than my current light in the 2x2.

*I am dealing with some fucking moths that are managing to get in around the window AC. I need to seal that ASAP. Anyone recommend a good bug spray that is good for early flower just in case I need it?
The budget lights are beginning to catch up to the more expensive lights now a days. The old "blurples" were a joke 5 or 6 years ago. I had bought 1 x1000 watt blurple, then began building my own and never looked back.

VAHomegrown

22 days since 12/12 switch. I'm going to do some defolation tomorrow. Humidty is staying at 55-60 lights on and off. I'm sure removing a few more fans will help lower it some more. I usually don't do too much defoliation until later in flower. Picker up a nice GE dehumidifier for $99 @ rural king!
Top pic- left plant DTC-99 FiM'd. Right DTC-99 Topped
Lower pic-Rosetta XX tops20210722_213429.jpg20210722_213459.jpg

VAHomegrown

Flushed all of them Saturday. They need a heavy feeding, especially the Rosetta Stone. The Briscos big black bananas love the new 150w led, so much so they have maxed out the 2x2 they are in and will be moving to a 3x3x72 this weekend. I'm sure it will be a bitch to transfer as they are Scrog'd.

Should I order a 400w hps for the 3x3x72 that is coming in or finish flowering with the 150w Viparspectra led I was using in the 2x2? Another option is to add a second 110w led to accompany the 150w (260w total for 3x3)
Plants in the 2x2 are in 2 gallon fabric pots. I'm tempted to throw a 400w hps in there, I'm running 6" ventilation.
Top pic. DTC-99 #1
Middle pic. DTC 99 #2 & Rosetta Stone (Rosetta Stone is in the far left of tent)
Sawtooth Cindy coming through in the DTC-99
20210727_051822.jpg20210727_051812.jpg20210727_051835.jpg

VAHomegrown

Just moved the Brisco's Big Black Bananas from a 2x2x48" to a 3x3x80" tent. They are currently under a 150w Viparspectra p1500 and I've got a second on order ($89 on Amazon tonight!) So the 3x3 will have 300w. They were scrog'd and look funny but they should adjust to the more open space.

VAHomegrown

I hit them just a little hard with the nutes on my feeding after the flush and had some nute burn. New growth looks great and they are getting very sticky ( I did some defoliation last night, and my arms were a sticky mess, put my arm around her on the couch not realizing it and her hair got stuck to my arm. She complained about the odor and going work on Monday lol)
The two DTC 99's strongly smell of anise, making me think the Durban trait may be very strong. Underneath that smell is the typical sweet sativa, a haze like herbal smell and slight gas.
The Rosetta Stone smells very sweet but has much more of a pungent citrus odor to her at this point, with a very sweet anise (licorice) smell. She was suffering from a couple difficiencies and looking nasty but she is doing much better. New growth shows no signs of difficiences.

Attachments