Cheap Place to buy Dry Nutrients to mix your own

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
Was skimming around the internet and came across this site that has all the dry nutrients for mixing concentrates or just adding to your rez. I checked all the bottles I was using and found all formulations at this site for 1/10th of what I was paying. I was paying a lot for watered down addatives. Just check it out, free shipping.
https://www.kelp4less.com/

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Does not look good if looking at Blood Meal. They want $17 per lb and you can get that anywhere for 50 cents a lb.That's a large fucking rip off.

Same with Bone Meal...........stopped looking at that point. Place looks like a rip-off to me.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
Does not look good if looking at Blood Meal. They want $17 per lb and you can get that anywhere for 50 cents a lb.That's a large fucking rip off.

Same with Bone Meal...........stopped looking at that point. Place looks like a rip-off to me.
Maybe but for hydro it is alot cheaper

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
4-18-38 fertilizer...they are 20 lbs for $192...............elsewhere 25 lbs Masterblend, is $37. Five pounds more for 1/5 the price.

I'm surprised they are competetive on anything. Rip off mentality is what it is, honestly, I'd be suspect of ANYTHING they are offering at a good price since their other prices are all of the "bend over" variety.

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
Some people scan the internet looking for the cheapest price. Good to do if you are familiar with a specific brand or grade of product. But the example of Aloe Vera being 13.99 on amazon is straight to the point because cheep aloe that is dried incorrectly contains a fraction of the nutrients and amino acids that a horticultural grade freeze dried one does. Not only are you wasting 13.99 but also your time. Take some time and read about your inputs and how they are made or what they are a biproduct of and you will start to understand why "Horticulture Grade" is so expensive.

You get out what you put in.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
The blood meal, bone meal, and fertilizer too? I think shopping around, would definitely be in anyone's interest in regards to those.

Maybe the Aloe vera is a bad example but there does seem to be an awful lot of room to the upside from the amazon price to what they have. I actually don't use aloe vera, do you think $52 for 8 oz is a good price?

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
The freeze dried horticultural aloe I currently use is $75 for 4 oz. You should be able to get a slow dried horticultural grade product for $12 - $14 a oz. Before I can say if it is a good deal I would need to know more about the product they are selling, How it is dried and concentrated makes a huge difference when it comes to organic gardening. Slow dried aloe is used at a average rate of 1 Tablespoon per gallon of water. Freeze dried aloe at a rate of 1/4 Tsp per gallon. What aloe is cheaper? The more expensive one.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Ok. I'll assume the freeze dried is more concentrated?? Like rosin is more concentrated than bud? I went back and looked, doesn't seem to be anything about how dried or I missed it,

Is there similarly such a thing as freeze dried blood or bone meal, that would be better than what you can buy at Home Depot?? There's a huge difference in price, their blood meal is 34 more times expensive than Espoma.

Or Bone meal, or 5 times higher for standard synthetic fertilizer. Yup, standard....but their is worth 5x????

I get your point about shopping, although it seems the aloe vera isn't anything special. But the other three things, you'd be getting fucked in the ass by them. Not about shopping for the low price, it's about not getting flat out screwed.

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
Ok. I'll assume the freeze dried is more concentrated?? Like rosin is more concentrated than bud? I went back and looked, doesn't seem to be anything about how dried or I missed it,

Is there similarly such a thing as freeze dried blood or bone meal, that would be better than what you can buy at Home Depot?? There's a huge difference in price, their blood meal is 34 more times expensive than Espoma.

Or Bone meal, or 5 times higher for standard synthetic fertilizer. Yup, standard....but their is worth 5x????

I get your point about shopping, although it seems the aloe vera isn't anything special. But the other three things, you'd be getting fucked in the ass by them. Not about shopping for the low price, it's about not getting flat out screwed.
Again what you put in is what you get out.

Blood meal is made from dried blood that is literally scraped from the slaughterhouse floor, Cows that are more expensive to raise (Organic Grass fed) blood will be more expensive then your growth hormone injected corn fed cows.

Same can be said about everything we use from our base medium to our supplemental nutrition

This dosnt mean that the most expensive is the best but clearly we must find a medium ground product that is worth the time and money.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Again what you put in is what you get out.

Blood meal is made from dried blood that is literally scraped from the slaughterhouse floor, Cows that are more expensive to raise (Organic Grass fed) blood will be more expensive then your growth hormone injected corn fed cows.

Same can be said about everything we use from our base medium to our supplemental nutrition

This dosnt mean that the most expensive is the best but clearly we must find a medium ground product that is worth the time and money.
I have no issues with Espoma products and they are worth the time and money to me.

Taking your example Organic Grass Fed Blood Meal ..I didn't find that exactly but I did find organic and

they are $38 for 10 lb non organic and you can get the organic for $24.

So, I repeat, buyer beware here, the prices we are discussing are all extremely high and you're not getting anything special to justify the high price.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
I have no issues with Espoma products and they are worth the time and money to me.

Taking your example Organic Grass Fed Blood Meal ..I didn't find that exactly but I did find organic and

they are $38 for 10 lb non organic and you can get the organic for $24.

So, I repeat, buyer beware here, the prices we are discussing are all extremely high and you're not getting anything special to justify the high price.
This is what I found on your bone meal:

Other product highlights:
The bone meal has been pasteurized and infused with seven (7) strains of beneficial soil microbes.

High in trace elements and pro-biotic soil microbes. Ocean-run bone meal.

Has 15% slow-release calcium phosphate.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
This is what I found on your bone meal:

Other product highlights:
The bone meal has been pasteurized and infused with seven (7) strains of beneficial soil microbes.

High in trace elements and pro-biotic soil microbes. Ocean-run bone meal.

Has 15% slow-release calcium phosphate.
Sorry you were looking at Blood Meal.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
That's ok, and no offense, but it's a good example...................their bone meal description is pretty much salesmanship nonsense. pasteurized ..lofl.....all bone meal is pasteurized .....the stuff is steamed, then ground I think the steaming covers that.
Want to look at that slow release calcium phosphate, lol. It would be hard not to get slow release calcium phosphate from anything bone related...........impossible actually.

Ah, "infused with 7 strains of microbes" that's just more bullshit.

"Ocean run" bone meal. They might have something meager to claim on that, I'm not sure. If it really was something I would think we would see it in the marketplace. I'd have to check and see what differences there are between fish or animal bones and their chemical makeup.

Btw a fwiw fun fact.....bone meal is outstanding snail bait :)

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I bought their cal mag plus and mixed It 6 teaspoons to a quart bottle and added it like I used to using general hydroponics cal mag and it works great. I run RDWC.
Your a qb guy too right? Doesnt that require added cal mag for some spectrum reason? Did ya ever ppm,it? I'm gonna do my gh series before,it,runs out. I use 2.5ml or half a tbsp / gallon. Never an issue. I went with cheapo Alaskan nutrients from walmart and got burned.
Isnt rdwc alot higher ppm if your running expert level,gh? Like 1000-1250 flower.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
Your a qb guy too right? Doesnt that require added cal mag for some spectrum reason? Did ya ever ppm,it? I'm gonna do my gh series before,it,runs out. I use 2.5ml or half a tbsp / gallon. Never an issue. I went with cheapo Alaskan nutrients from walmart and got burned.
Isnt rdwc alot higher ppm if your running expert level,gh? Like 1000-1250 flower.
I am a QB guy for sure. I believe some of the issues people have is an imbalance in their nutrients. I add amino, kelp and humic acid helps in the uptake of all nutrients. I also change out my water every 7 days no matter what. Works every time so far 😁