Charlie's Northern Lights Grow

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
The plants virtually stopped consuming water all together since yesterday so I harvested them today. Plant #1 has pretty much caught up to the others. It isn't completely where I like them at harvest, but it's close, so I harvested it to make things easier on me. I stripped the plants of all long fan leaves and hung them whole this time since the humidity has been a little lower than normal this week. I have no way to weigh the whole plants for a wet weight so I will update with the final weight, and terpene info once the bud has finished drying. It definitely has a nice pinene and sweet candy smell to it currently, though.

Full Frontal
10-28-2020_Northern-Lights_01.JPEG

Plant #1
10-28-2020_Northern-Lights_02.JPEG

Plant #2
10-28-2020_Northern-Lights_03.JPEG

Plant #3
10-28-2020_Northern-Lights_04.JPEG

Plant #4
10-28-2020_Northern-Lights_05.JPEG

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Did you weigh the whole plant? What is your guess on the yield? That always feel good getting it chopped after having no plant issues.
I don't really have any way to weight them whole, but they have some decent weight to them.

If you are going to dry it in there I'd take the wet dirt out. With no plants drinking it's just added moisture in the tent.
I actually left them in there, on purpose, to help keep the humidity up to 60%. Once the humidity gets above that the fan will kick on to 100% until it gets back down to 60%. The room humidity is 52% today so I didn't want it to get too dry in there. I did put covers on top of the pots, though, so the water in the soil doesn't evaporate close to the plants.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I don't really have any way to weight them whole, but they have some decent weight to them.

I actually left them in there, on purpose, to help keep the humidity up to 60%. Once the humidity gets above that the fan will kick on to 100% until it gets back down to 60%. The room humidity is 52% today so I didn't want it to get too dry in there. I did put covers on top of the pots, though, so the water in the soil doesn't evaporate close to the plants.
Have you ever seen soil mold? Put a pan of water in there or something ;)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I care brother! There is nothing worse than having a perfect grow, then having to toss a moldy jar.
Soil can mold, especially the good organic stuff
Mold grows from spores.
Mold then produces spores.
Spores float in the air.

Washing the buds (the Jorge Cervantes method) is just 'hoping' you got any of those spores washed out or dead.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I care brother! There is nothing worse than having a perfect grow, then having to toss a moldy jar.
Soil can mold, especially the good organic stuff
Mold grows from spores.
Mold then produces spores.
Spores float in the air.

Washing the buds (the Jorge Cervantes method) is just 'hoping' you got any of those spores washed out or dead.
I have seen soil mold before but I’ve honestly never had any issues with the soil I’m using getting any mold or fungus and I never let the pots dry out. I agree it’s better to be safe and remove them, though.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
The two smaller plants were ready to trim yesterday, but the two larger plants have another day or two to go. I pulled the buds off the stems of those two plants so they will dray more evenly because the bottom of the plants (higher up in the tent) are the areas that were drying more slowly. I figured I'd give an update, with some pics, because I'm really happy with the fact that both of the small plants each yielded just over a QP each.

Here's plant #1, which was the shortest plant of them all
IMG_7015.JPEG

and Plant #4
IMG_7010.JPEG

All the bud from both of those plants is now in the bucket you see i the picture, below, and fill it about half way, so I'm really excited to find out how much weight I get off of the bud from plants #2 (back of tent) & #3 (front of tent).
IMG_7021.JPEG

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
The two smaller plants were ready to trim yesterday, but the two larger plants have another day or two to go. I pulled the buds off the stems of those two plants so they will dray more evenly because the bottom of the plants (higher up in the tent) are the areas that were drying more slowly. I figured I'd give an update, with some pics, because I'm really happy with the fact that both of the small plants each yielded just over a QP each.

Here's plant #1, which was the shortest plant of them all
View attachment 77194

and Plant #4
View attachment 77195

All the bud from both of those plants is now in the bucket you see i the picture, below, and fill it about half way, so I'm really excited to find out how much weight I get off of the bud from plants #2 (back of tent) & #3 (front of tent).
View attachment 77196
Looks dam good bro! Good job with em! 🔥.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I’m in MA, but close to the coast, so it gets humid as hell here in the late summer and fall. I lost a lot to mold on my outdoor plants this year. The cold
Don’t bother them but the rain and humidity helped the mold take hold.