Carbon filter

D

Deleted member 60

@Nobighurry ....do the Can's still weigh liike...um....4 tons each? Years ago a good friend bought one and mounted it to the celing. Wanna guess what happened after a few months? LOL. flattened about 1/2 of his grow and he was finding peices of charcoal for years under cabinets/etc from where it exploded when it hit the ground.

I've always liked Phat (now Phresh?). I'm buddies with one of the guys who got that off the ground years ago so had a few dropped in my lap. i got tired of trashing em so started buying refill carbon and packing them myself. They are so cheap now though that it is almost a wash on cost. Fortunately, since we went legal, i don't use a filter anymore other than the one I have set up by where we smoke so the house doesn't smlle like an old roach all the time...LOL

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
Yea I wont buy anything that needs to function mechanically from vivosun. Maybe hangers etc but that's bout it. Having reversible flanges seems to be a nice option though I haven't tested it myself.

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
Terra Bloom as mentioned is my go to, I am due this month to change got them sitting in the floor. i use for 1 yr then change them out.

I want to try the AC Infinity ones. $80 for the 8" 770 cfm is more than half the price of the Phresh filter. I like the Phresh best but their prices are fucked now.

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
Yea I'm not paying pistol prices for a mesh can of carbon. G hydro might get the nod for the next filter purchase.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
@Nobighurry ....do the Can's still weigh liike...um....4 tons each? Years ago a good friend bought one and mounted it to the celing. Wanna guess what happened after a few months? LOL. flattened about 1/2 of his grow and he was finding peices of charcoal for years under cabinets/etc from where it exploded when it hit the ground.

I've always liked Phat (now Phresh?). I'm buddies with one of the guys who got that off the ground years ago so had a few dropped in my lap. i got tired of trashing em so started buying refill carbon and packing them myself. They are so cheap now though that it is almost a wash on cost. Fortunately, since we went legal, i don't use a filter anymore other than the one I have set up by where we smoke so the house doesn't smlle like an old roach all the time...LOL
I must admit my arm was quivering by the time I got it hung, one issue I had was the rivets were sticking out 1/4in, I had to drill them out and switch the direction of the rivets to allow my ridged pipe to be inserted into the filter.. I needed a filter asap the local shop sold can, I will go back to terra bloom once this one gives up...