Canadian viewpoint

Deez. Nutz

This is a very well thought out and articulate response detailing it from multiple positions, if I tried I don’t think I could have explained it better myself because my emotions would get the better of me. Good job 👍
Except he was incorrect for his duplicity. He said the truckers were using "financial blackmail" to have their demands met.

The hell do you think a union strike is? The workers refuse to work, shut down production, impede scabs from replacing them...all to have their employers experience financial loss so they have their demands met.

Oddly when the truck drivers did it...it was a white supremacist klan rally.

When the blacks in Detroit did it at the auto plants..they called it "collective bargaining.

Odd how the optics, the description of the actors, and their actions are dictated and predicated based on race. Even when their actions are identical.

Truckers causing financial harm=terrorism

Politicians shutting down businesses causing financial harm while keeping theirs open=sound, just policy.

Truckers peacefully protesting have their trucks impounded and to be sold. Blacks and blm literally burn houses and apartments to the ground with families inside, shoot kids in the back seat of cars, murder business owners, rape and pillage, and their leaders purchase multi million dollar homes...yeah, sounds fair.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I may have missed something but from what I recall Canada was giving the unvaxed truckers a free pass at the border but in a day or two said no, they had to be vaccinated. Seemed the government forgot the US people entering the US to be vaccinated. Canada changed the policy and then required all truckers be vaccinated otherwise they would have to isolate themselves after crossing the border into Canada.

Truckers had legitimate grief but it turned into a shit show with every person with a grievance deciding to join in. The covid mandates in each province is determined by the provinces, not the federal government. They are set up to limit the overloading of the medical system. So the demonstrations in Ottawa stared out with some legitimacy and were fine until they stopped trade across the border. Because trade is integrated across the border and with the just in time nature of the automotive industry (which already had supply problems) production stopped on both sides of the border.

So while the protests were nonviolent they were creating a big financial cost to both countries and the people that had jobs that depended on the smooth flow of goods across the border. So the truckers were trying to financially blackmail the federal government to get rid of mandates that provincial governments put in place. And the federal government has no right to tell the provinces when or what mandates they are to have in the provinces.

The greater the concentration of population density the more rules you need to keep people from falling all over each other. If you are off in the sticks then there is not as much need for all the laws and rules to keep people civilized. You may have a traffic light at an intersection in town where it would not make much sense having one on some side road in the rural areas. So with some of the rules in place for the pandemic they make less sense in the sticks as in the cities.

A lot of truckers are also farmers, farming does not pay well and a lot of them are employed as truckers or running heavy equipment when not managing the farm. They are more self reliant and do not see the purpose of most government and do not like following rules they feel they should not be held to. So you get more of a urban/rural divide on how Canadians feel about the truckers. With the transmission rate of Omicron it will die down in a month.

So waiting it out would have achieved the same thing as the protests except for the damage to the economy. Yes we are all tired of the virus, everybody wants life to be back to normal. But we are not there yet and that did not factor into the protests. My next door neighbour is 82 years old and I don't know the details but her friend came over and wanted me to call the paramedics, my neighbour is in a pool of blood on her kitchen floor and was out of it. Eventually had her stabilized and in a ambulance but there was no hospital that had room to take her because of covid. Eventually they found a space and she is still in the hospital. So what would have happened if there was no room?

We had our protests here, they also blocked the border crossing. So would they have managed to get the provincial government to lift the restrictions when the hospitals are full? Not bloody likely. So what was the point? The majority of people have got the virus by now and admissions to hospitals are dropping. The governments are relaxing the restrictions, the protesters are saying they won. No, the governments look at the state of the medical system and deciding at what point to start easing up.

So do most people agree with the government or the truckers? All I have talked to are on the government's side on this one. If they did not try to hold society hostage for their demands, demands that were at odds with public health, they would have more sympathy. They had it before they closed off the border and enacted a cost on the rest.

People have a right to protest here but when it starts to cost the country because a small group of people want things their way things get dicey. We have Native bands all across the country that our infrastructure passes through territory they have some claim over. They have more right to shut things down than the truckers. Should the government allow them to? And any other group? Should the vegans blockade the border because meat products come in from the US? Where does it end?
Fuck Man! All they wanted was to be heard!

That piece of shit, yellow belly chicken shit coward Trudeau feigned having Covid as an excuse to hide away from them because he was scared. All he had to do was speak with and listen to them for a couple of hours.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails

That piece of shit, yellow belly chicken shit coward Trudeau feigned having Covid as an excuse to hide away from them because he was scared. All he had to do was speak with and listen to them for a couple of hours.
I'm guessing that it's a chore to get permission to carry a gun up there. There is no respect given to the people by the government.
Governments imposing random shit against your body (masks, shots, etc.) is an act of aggression. Period.
It's not a "vaccine" if it doesn't prevent anything, and I should get it mainly for virtue-signaling purposes.

Lanestrainley

Really Active Member
Except he was incorrect for his duplicity. He said the truckers were using "financial blackmail" to have their demands met.

The hell do you think a union strike is? The workers refuse to work, shut down production, impede scabs from replacing them...all to have their employers experience financial loss so they have their demands met.

When the blacks in Detroit did it at the auto plants..they called it "collective bargaining.

Odd how the optics, the description of the actors, and their actions are dictated and predicated based on race. Even when their actions are identical.

Politicians shutting down businesses causing financial harm while keeping theirs open=sound, just policy.

Truckers peacefully protesting have their trucks impounded and to be sold. Blacks and blm literally burn houses and apartments to the ground with families inside, shoot kids in the back seat of cars, murder business owners, rape and pillage, and their leaders purchase multi million dollar homes...yeah, sounds fair.
This is a great comment as well, the double standards are very infuriating. To speak to the “Buzz words” I was just mentioning the other day to my Dad and Uncle that JT and his clown show have been using the hot button buzz words of old. Nazi, Racist, terrorist. Just wait till they start to use the term “Freedom” in regards to the situation in Europe. I’m sure they will at any moment, he’s such a shitty politician he’ll move in lock step with the other idiots since he can’t think for himself and the real mind behind the LPC success is Gerald Butts, this was an opportunity they’ve been discussing for years, and the window was only available once.
I’m talking about the paradigm shift.

After 9 years of Harper, there was an opportunity to take a majority and hold it for a long long time. By manipulating stoners and new Canadians in part to win the 2015 election, he then enamoured the 14-15-16-17 years olds that were on track to be voting age by 2019, and all the new Canadians that have arrived that can vote. During this whole time sending messages “brought to you by the govt of Canada” into homes about guns, race, sexual identity, environment issues during family evening time, attempting to divide households and change western conservatism. For example during hockey broadcasts in Alberta, a known province for gun ownership and opponents of further gun control among other things liberals propose. The govt of Canada sends anti gun messages into the homes of Albertans. Now these messages are not meant for the adults of the house, they are meant to shape the minds of the future generations (the kids) softening the future stance on guns, and other things in turn making the liberal agenda easier for LPC politicians. The obvious move for him is to do as much as he can for the liberal ideal in this last term, then he takes all the heat for any risky agendas, then he’ll move on to the UN. I believe his goal is post LPC leadership is a UN crony. He’s survived 7 total huge potential political disasters, imo if he’s was going to be ousted he would have been already, he’ll step down and the party will get a new fresh leader, by that time they’ll have solidified 3 rounds of new voters and 7-10years of new Canadians. The strategies were laid out years ago by Gerald Butts, but the time had to be right. It’s too late now, we’ll just have to wait for them to eat their own ass, which is exactly how their way of govt always ends up, too loose with the purse strings, but this govt is an well oiled machine at shifting blame which is basically the shelve life of any govt, they’re still going strong in that aspect.

printer

Super Active Member
Farmers are not truck drivers, stop. Farming is a full-time job.
In the winter?

Farmers Work a Second Shift to Supplement Income

Not to be a dick, but I don't feel people whom believe they have dominion over their own bodies, should not be subjected to a "vaccine" that is so worthless they literally had to change the definition of the word "vaccine" to call it one.

This is not "blackmail" but freedom to choose rather you want to put a substance into your body which was approved for emergency use only.

Odd how the governments brought financial ruin to millions, closed down small stores, restaurants, service industries, gas stations, etc. But NOW when GM is facing financial hardship with the protests...then it becomes an issue.
The truck drivers were not being forced to put something in their body. They had the option isolate themselves after coming into Canada. And if that was not good enough, they could drive anywhere in Canada not vaxed. They just could not cross the border as freely as other truck drivers that have had the shot. They would be treated just like any other Canadian citizen that crossed the border, same rule apply to them as if I crossed unvaxed.

In Canada the government spent a large amount of money supporting workers and businesses. Why do a handful of truckers have the right to shut down trade across the border? They don't.

I deleted the rest of your post as it was complaining about Americans and it was not relevant to Canada.

"I don't need truckers and farmers, I get my food from the grocery store!"
~ @printer
Now you are being an ass. I was plowing our fields by the time I was 12.

Remember, Canada, nothing to do with BLM in the US.

A union strike is an action that workers have to counteract the power the buisness has over its employees. The right to strike does not allow the employees to harm businesses and workers of other companies. Please think it through.

Who in Canada, and all around the world did not hear about the truckers and their beef against the shots. Then it became about the mandates that the provinces enacted. Who gets to enact public policy? The politicians that we elected or some truckers flying the American and Confederate flag.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Who in Canada, and all around the world did not hear about the truckers and their beef against the shots. Then it became about the mandates that the provinces enacted. Who gets to enact public policy? The politicians that we elected or some truckers flying the American and Confederate flag.
Trudeau the deck was also enacted a federal mandate that anyone wanting to travel within our own country by train or plane must have been fully vaccinated. Also, the mandate about US truckers entering the country and having to be fully vaxxed was federal, not provincial.

That is what the truckers wanted to talk about.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Yet you support the gubmint takeover of both industries by mandating they get a shot?

Lefties love the "my body my choice" crap when they want to kill babies - but not for a flu shot invented last year that is only surviving because of the federal gubmint granting them emergency powers to waive regular testing. :unsure: :rolleyes:

If you come at me with a needle you better also come armed, and prepared to die for the right to inject me. Only time I have EVER had the flu is when I was made to get flu shots for work. Period. Ever.

TigerTanks

Insanely Active Member
In the winter?

Farmers Work a Second Shift to Supplement Income

The truck drivers were not being forced to put something in their body. They had the option isolate themselves after coming into Canada. And if that was not good enough, they could drive anywhere in Canada not vaxed. They just could not cross the border as freely as other truck drivers that have had the shot. They would be treated just like any other Canadian citizen that crossed the border, same rule apply to them as if I crossed unvaxed.

In Canada the government spent a large amount of money supporting workers and businesses. Why do a handful of truckers have the right to shut down trade across the border? They don't.

I deleted the rest of your post as it was complaining about Americans and it was not relevant to Canada.

Remember, Canada, nothing to do with BLM in the US.

A union strike is an action that workers have to counteract the power the buisness has over its employees. The right to strike does not allow the employees to harm businesses and workers of other companies. Please think it through.

Yes in the winter. Farming is a full time job, they may have other income but not always trucking and probably not trucking. Just like always liberals over think EVERYTHING.
go ahead write another 3 eloquent pages about how you are correct and I’ll bet your next whole paragraph will be about me being a silly hillbilly. I’ll be out in the garden.

D

Deleted member 60

Keep it to opinion...please. Yer all pushin the envelope as it is....cus if ya remember...it was decided that there are "no politics" here

(looks down at all the purty buttons Heisen gave him......and thinks "who wants to play?")

printer

Super Active Member
Keep it to opinion...please. Yer all pushin the envelope as it is....cus if ya remember...it was decided that there are "no politics" here

(looks down at all the purty buttons Heisen gave him......and thinks "who wants to play?")
And I debated on answering at first, then decided to spend the time to give a thought out response. It summing up the feelings of people I have talked to from around here. Not everybody has the same opinion but it is not out of line with the general population where I live. Obviously it does not align with everyone here but it is an opinion and valid as any others.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
And I debated on answering at first, then decided to spend the time to give a thought out response. It summing up the feelings of people I have talked to from around here. Not everybody has the same opinion but it is not out of line with the general population where I live. Obviously it does not align with everyone here but it is an opinion and valid as any others.
I was born in Canada, left some weeks after and have been contemplating a return ever since, hence my interest in all things Canadian. I was not a big fan of the truckers convoy but respected their right to protest. It's the response from the government and media that surprised me; smears I expect but I don't think they were Nazis. Then Trudeau first acted the coward, then proceed h was a coward by invoking the Emergency Powers Act (name?). I see that as a blatant trampling of the Charger of Rights and Freedoms and I believe Trudeau should resign for it. But again, I'm 3000km away in Colorado so I'm very curious what the locals think?

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I was born in Canada, left some weeks after and have been contemplating a return ever since, hence my interest in all things Canadian. I was not a big fan of the truckers convoy but respected their right to protest. It's the response from the government and media that surprised me; smears I expect but I don't think they were Nazis. Then Trudeau first acted the coward, then proceed h was a coward by invoking the Emergency Powers Act (name?). I see that as a blatant trampling of the Charger of Rights and Freedoms and I believe Trudeau should resign for it. But again, I'm 3000km away in Colorado so I'm very curious what the locals think?
I’m from Alberta. Everyone, except a very, very small fringe minority here HATES Turdeau. Turdeau hates the West and has been very blatant about it.

Everyone I know agrees that he showed his true colours (that’s the CDN spelling) as a coward when he feigned Covid as a reason to run and hide from the truckers. Then he backed up his cowardship by unnecessarily invoking the Emergencies Act.

The Premier of Alberta is starting some kind of inquiry against the Turdeau Liberal Government for violating the rights of all Canadians by invoking the EA when he shouldn’t have.

bk-og

Moose cocks, or bust
Borders closed sorry

printer

Super Active Member
Alberta, our Texas, right next to our California, although mountains separating them. So what would have happened if a Native band did the same stunt, blockaded trade (shutting off the pipeline) to the US to protest the lack of services on reserves? Albertains (and like minded people) would be in the front of the line calling on the government to shut them down. And the Natives have more of a case than the truckers. The government had to act, if they did not they would not have the authority to end Native protests.

At the end of the day any small group could shut down Canada if the government let them. So they get their five minutes of fame (or is it fifteen?) and then they have to let the country get going again. Even more of an incentive for the government to clear the protests is a call from the White House saying you guys are now costing us money. End it or we will bankrupt you.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Alberta, our Texas, right next to our California, although mountains separating them. So what would have happened if a Native band did the same stunt, blockaded trade (shutting off the pipeline) to the US to protest the lack of services on reserves? Albertains (and like minded people) would be in the front of the line calling on the government to shut them down. And the Natives have more of a case than the truckers. The government had to act, if they did not they would not have the authority to end Native protests.

At the end of the day any small group could shut down Canada if the government let them. So they get their five minutes of fame (or is it fifteen?) and then they have to let the country get going again. Even more of an incentive for the government to clear the protests is a call from the White House saying you guys are now costing us money. End it or we will bankrupt you.
The Liberals only shut down protests they don’t agree with. They have two sets of rules. One for them and one for everyone else.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Premier of Alberta is starting some kind of inquiry against the Turdeau Liberal Government for violating the rights of all Canadians by invoking the EA when he shouldn’t have.
If it's anything like 'merica it's political theater, and he's just playing his part to keep the peasants mollified while nothing actually happens.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
Borders closed sorry
For the best, trust me.

Seriously, my folks retired in BC, and come back to visit when they can- which hasn't been for awhile! I'm sure the borders will reopen this summer.

I'm still thinking about a move but I'd need to look into what it would take to get my citizenship.