Can you skip lights off in veg?

Dr. Monty

Green Supremacist
Long story short I’ve got a lot of work to do on the girls and was wondering if I could just skip lights out today and work, then get back to normal tomorrow. They’re in veg and they usually get 19/5

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
I was wondering more about me interrupting the cycle. Normally I’d go 19/5 but I wanted to skip the night cycle for 1 day and resume it tomorrow
I dont think even rotating day after day would set them off but idk why one would do that. 1 day you will be gravy. As long as your over 14 hours of light you shouldnt trigger any responses from the plant other than basic stress. Maybe turn your lights down just a hair. Or even better adjust according to dli and they wont miss a beat

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I was wondering more about me interrupting the cycle. Normally I’d go 19/5 but I wanted to skip the night cycle for 1 day and resume it tomorrow
It's perfectly fine in veg. Plants should have some down time. There are gas exchange processes and reactions that take place only in the dark cycle.
BigCanna is right. Everyone should be aware of and shoot for their DLI targets. Lots of ways to achieve your DLI.

John2II

I tried 24 in veg this cycle and love it . The visual growth I get after a feeding , a few hours off couldn't hurt but with the results obtained this'll be what I do from here on .plus you can watch baseball and hangout with the monsters

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I've had timer fuck-ups that lasted longer than that and there are no worries in veg. Damn "on/timer" switch!:mad: :ROFLMAO: 🤷‍♂️

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
You can keep them on 24/7 but there are various opinions on whether or not it stresses them. I personally think they are happier and healthier with some down time, but I have no evidence of that, and I know some people grow autos with the lights on 24/7.
I agree. 18 6 makes plants the happiest unless your in a totally dialed in hydroponics environment. 24 hrs of light really puts demand on plants. You have to have your shit together. If plants go to long in the dark they will start going wanky on u. Not at first but after a couple weeks you'll see single fan leaves coming out and long stems.

John2II

I agree. 18 6 makes plants the happiest unless your in a totally dialed in hydroponics environment. 24 hrs of light really puts demand on plants. You have to have your shit together. If plants go to long in the dark they will start going wanky on u. Not at first but after a couple weeks you'll see single fan leaves coming out and long stems.
So then with soil , you're safer bet is 18/6 ?

Mr. Krinkle

yea you can do whatever you want in veg for a day and nothing will change - even 12-12 and they won't flinch if its just 1 day

D

Deleted member 60

You can keep them on 24/7 but there are various opinions on whether or not it stresses them. I personally think they are happier and healthier with some down time, but I have no evidence of that, and I know some people grow autos with the lights on 24/7.
I grew commercially for almost 20.....24/7 the entire time. Down time is lost $$$$. I went full bore the entire time. The plants never complained....nor did my customers. I've heard the "opinions"....and like other things...it's all conjecture IMO. Slam those bitches and go was always the motto here.