Can somebody explain auto flowers to me?

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
Awesome, cool to see what everyone thinks. I definitely understand their appeal outdoors. It seems like most of the indoors reasons were ones I have already thought of. What I gather from this, is the reason its so popular where I live, is likely just because its fairly new in terms of cannabis, because almost all of the people I see posting in local fb grow groups, are running them like they would their photos. Indoors, filling a tent with them and starting all at the same time. I’m sure there are some who are utilizing them for their strengths, but i’m assuming most just assume they’re easier then photos because its one less thing you have to do. Me personally, i think having control of their grow stages actually makes photos better for beginners, bc unless you fuck up too bad, you can just veg for longer until the plant fixes itself.

one thing i didnt think about that was mentioned a couple times, is the humidity aspect. being able to run a light 24/ to keep humidity down. Ironic actually, one of my dehueys stopped working, and I was just getting creative finding a way to keep my humidity down during the night cycles until my new one arrives.

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
Pulled from the description on CSI Humboldt website:

Hybri-Tech’s ‘Silverback AUTO’ is the result of extensive breeding, in Oregon, by the legendary breeder Hyb. Originating from Archive Seeds’ GG4, the PNW clone ‘UW’, and Oregon super-outdoor clone ‘Jagermeister’. (GG4xUWxJager) ‘Silverback AUTO’ is an absolute resin bomb! You won’t believe the level of resin on ‘Silverback’ plants. This is a concentrate guy’s dream!

‘Silverback AUTO’ won the First Place FLOWERING award in Oregon at The Oregon Cannabis Grower’s Fair in Salem OR, August 2017. (Hyb won 2nd Place at that same event in the NON-FLOWERING category with a ‘Subterfuge #1’ ABC plant also.) Flowers are dense, large, and calyx to leaf ratio is vastly improved from any other AUTO seed line we have ever seen. Hyb believes this is because of his unique seedline development process.

‘Silverback AUTO’ is FEMINIZED, so it is ready to go from germination to production in your facility.

Bred in Oregon at 45deg N Latitude, ‘Silverback AUTO’ is perfect for any placement in the world! Harvest is mid-August in NW Oregon.

Maturity: 90 days from germination

Height: Averages 4-5 feet OUTDOORS, 3-4 feet INDOORS

Yield is HIGH.

Resin level VERY HIGH

10 Feminized Seeds per pack.9D94D561-5C3F-463A-9621-CAC09A5BEB3B.jpeg43CA9CA8-36B0-4306-B03D-E2DE3A562802.jpeg

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
My buddys basement gets down to 45 degrees in the winter so he can keep the light on and the tent warm 24/0 and run autos .
Now that is a very good reason to run autos...or to have one in your veg room.

Something else to note is autos are really expensive to use any style but really grow it out (unless you have a super auto and you can train them) ....if you sog them you need 1 seed per pot.

With photos you clone them.

Thomasbruh

Ditchweed grower
I've run some s
I'm a newbie and sometimes I start ten seeds and only end up w five that are good to go. If this happens which unfortunately it Just did for me ,I pop a few autos that way I can fill the tent . I can finish up the veg w the photos and send them all into the bloom tent together . They are very versatile and almost fool proof which is good for me being a beginner
You run the autos 12/12?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's a stoner observation about autos - having never run them.

I ran a set of plants (reg/photo) 12/12 from seed.

They "auto-flowered" in about 35-40 days, then flowered the regular advertised time.

The difference is that with an auto-flower you can run it up to 24hrs of light from day one and it will still flower. You can get much more growth in a shorter time like that.

I think a lot of people use 18-20 hours of light to give them a little dark/rest, but you can really put the juice to them.

Thomasbruh

Ditchweed grower
True autos can be ran a different times though 24 straight or people will go as low as 18 then they can just keep them in a veg tent as well. I ran 24 straight with the hps on mine and they didn’t mind it to bad

Thomasbruh

Ditchweed grower
I’m sure! They are great plants! I personally love them so much flexibility with light schedules! And so fun to watch go crazy in such a short period of time

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
I’m sure! They are great plants! I personally love them so much flexibility with light schedules! And so fun to watch go crazy in such a short period of time
I'm gonna start ten every month indoors. Put em out side to finish prob last forty days or so and just keep repeating. Should technically be able to harvest may -sept . Five harvests. That's the idea anyways

Thomasbruh

Ditchweed grower
That would be cool! Yeah I’m hoping they turn out good! I’m broke lately so I had to get cheap with light so I haven’t tried autos under the leds I have. Been wanting to get a cob light or a harvest decent enough where I could throw in a 600watt hps until I switch those to cmh with led too

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
That would be cool! Yeah I’m hoping they turn out good! I’m broke lately so I had to get cheap with light so I haven’t tried autos under the leds I have. Been wanting to get a cob light or a harvest decent enough where I could throw in a 600watt hps until I switch those to cmh with led too
Btw u are gonna smash it w the HPS