California Will Raise Cannabis Taxes On New Year’s Day

Vee

Ancient Member

California regulators announced on Thursday that taxes paid by the state’s licensed cannabisbusiness will increase
on New Year’s Day, despite calls to ease the burden on an industry struggling to compete with a thriving illicit market.
In a special notice from the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration, the state announced that cannabis
cultivation taxes would be raised by more than 4%, reflecting an adjustment for inflation as required by state law.
The tax on an ounce of dried cannabis flower will rise from $9.25 to $9.65, a jump of 4.3%

I'm sure I've heard this before someplace...lol

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
Fucking California is a 3rd world hell hole now, ran by idiots . Problem is the residents are leaving and bringing their retarded ways to other states , like New Yorkers who flood Florida. And DC scumbags who have taken over occupied Northern Virginia. Then they push the same ideas on the States they invaded and ruin those States . Fuck California.

D

Deleted member 60

America is quickly becoming a 3rd world hellhole ran by (an) idiot(s)....so that designation plays into more than just Cali. Dumb it down.....dumb it down....

CO weed tax rates are crazy high.....but that is good. Make 'em pay big to play. The whole thing sucks anyway. Anyone stupid enough to pay for weed who lives in a state where you can grow weed should be taxed bigly.

Won't be long before Cali goes after the individual growers fueling the BM. When you impact their game they take note. What a mess.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Anyone stupid enough to pay for weed who lives in a state where you can grow weed should be taxed bigly.

Amen to that brother.

Once i started growing for myself....and then i stopped buying it was like FREEDOM!

The month before i had my smokeable harvest i spent 400 blackmarket and about 600 at the gov store. Now that runs about 4 months of growing...a pound a month or so.

:D

So tax the ever loving shit out of it....

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL

Won't be long before Cali goes after the individual growers fueling the BM. When you impact their game they take note. What a mess.
On that same page it said that 500 growers in Humbolt were just sent notices to stop growing...

The notice also revealed an increase in the state’s cannabis markup rate from 60% to 80%. The mark-up rate — the average difference between the wholesale cost and the retail selling price of cannabis and cannabis products — is used to determine the state excise tax on cannabis products. Regulators are required to recalculate the cannabis mark-up through an analysis of statewide market data every six months.

nice, they work markup rates and inflation adjustments every 6 months. Social security should get that kind of attention, not weed. Greed'll kill a good thing.

WTF does the state do? .. to justify fees of ~ $100k. Whatever it is, the black market doesn't require it.

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
America is quickly becoming a 3rd world hellhole ran by (an) idiot(s)....so that designation plays into more than just Cali. Dumb it down.....dumb it down....

CO weed tax rates are crazy high.....but that is good. Make 'em pay big to play. The whole thing sucks anyway. Anyone stupid enough to pay for weed who lives in a state where you can grow weed should be taxed bigly.

They need the cash to pay for the illegals health care and food stamps they want to take in so fucking desperately , Fucking us Vets have shit health care, homeless all over and people with no jobs but those seditious fucking basterds want open borders so they can stack the deck at the voting booth. If it was up to me I would put every active duty military member stationed in the US AT THE BORDER, create a buffer zone well marked and with bilingual signs stating anyone who enters the buffer zone will be shot. Tell Mexico if they don't stop the cartels and illegals an invasion is coming. US cant support its own citizens and those illegals have zero respect for US sovereignty.

D

Deleted member 60

More GOLF...we need more GOLF. And a rocket launcher....

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
They need the cash to pay for the illegals health care and food stamps they want to take in so fucking desperately , Fucking us Vets have shit health care, homeless all over and people with no jobs but those seditious fucking basterds want open borders so they can stack the deck at the voting booth. If it was up to me I would put every active duty military member stationed in the US AT THE BORDER, create a buffer zone well marked and with bilingual signs stating anyone who enters the buffer zone will be shot. Tell Mexico if they don't stop the cartels and illegals an invasion is coming. US cant support its own citizens and those illegals have zero respect for US sovereignty.
Big wall - gun turrets. Pull troops from abroad so that our "defense" budget isn't spent defending every OTHER country on the planet.
And as far as Canada is concerned, I support this (nicelittlehedge.ca LOL)
canada.png

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
Little off topic but did anyone see the story of the Afghan Army Vet that Neighbor called the law on because they heard loud noises and possible argument so under NYs Red Flag Law the cops showed up like 20 of em to try to confiscate the guys guns, He locked the door and got on social Media asking for people to come over and help, Guy had over 50 MFs show up armed to the gills and the Cops backed off, damn near had Lexington Concord Yesterday and its just the start with those Un Constitutional Red Flag laws. Its coming folks. The reset is near.