Bug identification.

Joebud

Insanely Active Member
I spotted this micro bug on my banana peppers and bell peppers.IMG_20220823_124924978.jpgIMG_20220823_124938442.jpgIMG_20220823_124940673.jpgIMG_20220823_124949235.jpgIMG_20220823_124951988.jpgIMG_20220823_124954253.jpg There are at least a dozen of these. It appears to be damaging the peppers and leaves. The pictures are through a ten times micro scope.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Last edited:

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
It looks like insect damage. I had some tiny little callused over chew marks and some yellowish specs. Turns out, I think they were moth eggs and when they hatch, they are a catipillar that does a lot of damage if left unchecked. You have to check all the time until you kill every last one of them.
There's a possibility, they came from bird shit that dropped on the leaves.
If it's insects,
check the stem parts of your leaves connected to the stem. You'll find bruising from the bites and a trail of bug poop.
Follow that trail to the tops.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
At first I searched mildew. Then I found something called plant edema. Then I searched pepper plants with edema and found this.
looks similar?

https://aerogarden.com/learning/what-is-edema-on-plants.html
Yep! That's it.
The bumps were concentrated on, and right next to the leaf veins and stems and made me think it was bugs.
If I see any patching or discoloration of any leaf on my plant, I remove it.
I also switch up the lighting source program on my camera and you can see problems you normally can't see with the nakid eye.
What causes the adema on the pepper leaves?
Nutes, heat and environmental stress, or something else?