Bubble Bowl Kits

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Have any of you guys tried these yet? I ordered a set this week, got them yesterday, and they seem to be nicely made.
If anyone is interested, I have some tips to save yourself some money... I found the code "DISCOUNT" gets you 20% off, added it to my cart, went to pay through paypal, but never finished the transaction. A few hours later I got an email from Paypal reminding me to finish the transaction and offered me an additional $10 off if I finished it. Total price for the 3-stage kit (including shipping) came to $78.

D

Deleted member 60

I'll be interested to see what you think of 'em. I'm so set in my ways.....I dunno if my head can take changin' shit up....LOL. (or of it is truly needed)

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I'll be interested to see what you think of 'em. I'm so set in my ways.....I dunno if my head can take changin' shit up....LOL. (or of it is truly needed)
It's definitely not anything that is needed. The thing I like about them is they seem like they will just be a lot easier to work with and to clean up compared to the bags I have. I also like how there's a nice space between the screen in each bowl, unlike how the screens in the bags can easily sit right on top of each other. I doubt I will try his vacuum method. That just helps speed up the process, but I'd be concerned about that sucking stuff through that shouldn't go through and/or damaging the filter screens.

D

Deleted member 60

Gotcha. I solved the bag on bag problem by using individual, 3 gallon buckets for each bag.....with drilled out bottoms.....stacked one on top of the other. The bottom 5 gallon bucket is set up with a drain port so i can hook a garden hose to it/so that everything drains through. No emptying buckets. (or Shop Vacs...LOL) Still have to shake the 25 though. It is what it is.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Gotcha. I solved the bag on bag problem by using individual, 3 gallon buckets for each bag.....with drilled out bottoms.....stacked one on top of the other. The bottom 5 gallon bucket is set up with a drain port so i can hook a garden hose to it/so that everything drains through. No emptying buckets. (or Shop Vacs...LOL) Still have to shake the 25 though. It is what it is.
The shop vac isn’t necessary, he just shows it as something he does, and it was the shortest most direct video I saw that showed how they work on his YouTube channel.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
It's definitely not anything that is needed. The thing I like about them is they seem like they will just be a lot easier to work with and to clean up compared to the bags I have. I also like how there's a nice space between the screen in each bowl, unlike how the screens in the bags can easily sit right on top of each other. I doubt I will try his vacuum method. That just helps speed up the process, but I'd be concerned about that sucking stuff through that shouldn't go through and/or damaging the filter screens.
That's what I was thinking. but it looks like it has cloth/plastic mesh like the bags. THE product would be that in either plastic or stainless but with stainless screens.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have the stacked set of stainless dry sift screens but I hadn't thought about using them wet. It's Chinese crap and I'm not so sure the "stainless" won't rust :rolleyes:

I have three sets of bags now, and the evolution was regular bags, then full mesh bags, then a set of the one-gallon full-mesh.

Since I got the little washing machine the easiest thing it to have a 5gal bucket under the spout with the "catch all" 25m big bag (full mesh) for the water to drain unto. Then I use small bags and just hold them around the drain hose over the bucket. I usually just use the 220M trash bag and the 120m catch bag because they drain quick. The 120m is usually OK but everything under that is in my book.

I dump the trash, save the 120m and the 25m. with the all-mesh rinsing them to the bottom in the sink is easier. That's where the bowls look easy, but you have to dig in there and scrape them. Not sure I'd like that part. With the bags you can flip it on a frisbee (or comparable) and sometimes just tightening it up will make the stuff fall off.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I forgot to mention that the main reason I like the little one gallons is that they are easy to mess with under the kitchen sink sprayer. The 5 gallons are a pain in the ass but at least with the all mesh you can rinse from the outside and don't have to try and keep the bag open in the sink.