Breeding advice

smokey

Hey legends,I'm new here and after a bit of breeding advice. Bit of a back story, long term grower dad taught me to grow when I was 16 in 1998 and have been growing on and off since then. We did a fair bit of breeding with our own IBL lines and some ducksfoot in the early 2000's and Ive done a few pollen Chuck's since then here and there. I've recently found myself pretty much disabled from a auto immune type disease.So I want to fill my time growing myself some medicine and having a go at a bit more serious breeding,mainly for myself.
I'm in Australia and getting seed here has been very hit and miss with alot of packs getting seized.
I've just gotten some seeds from James from Worlds Strongest Strains but I'm pretty sure they only come in 3 packs of regs. So I've got a couple of questions,which I'm pretty sure I know the answer but it's good to be reassured sometimes.
My plans is to chuck one three pack into a breeding tent take a back up cutting of each plant and if I got two males I would let both males pollinate the female. So then I can hunt the line properly after I BX them. The idea of using both males to improve versatility of the selection later on.
Would this be the best way to hunt the different lines later on?
Cheers legends,have a awesome day.🤘

Leeski

Super Active Member
Hi and welcome , you have come to the right place there’s some serious plant wizards on here and I’m sure they will chime in soon, sorry to hear of your illness, wish you peace and health , good luck with your project sure you will smash it …

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Starting a breeding project with 3 beans is gonna be a chore at first, but I think open pollinating whatever you get, whether its a girl and two boys or a boy with two girls, would be best. You need to open it up for something to select from.

I have never heard of "worlds strongest strains" but it sounds pretty shady LOL.

For a better selection I would just grow everything you can find and clone it all - then select stuff to run for breeding.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
To clarify - doing a seed increase on a pack seems legit. No problem there. More 3-packs would be better obviously.

But if you haven't even smoked it do you want to get that far into it, to find out 4 months later that this smoke is boof?

smokey

Hi and welcome , you have come to the right place there’s some serious plant wizards on here and I’m sure they will chime in soon, sorry to hear of your illness, wish you peace and health , good luck with your project sure you will smash it …
Cheers legend,yeah I thought by the name of the website I was in the right place and thank you for your kind words.🙏

smokey

To clarify - doing a seed increase on a pack seems legit. No problem there. More 3-packs would be better obviously.

But if you haven't even smoked it do you want to get that far into it, to find out 4 months later that this smoke is boof?

Yeah I'm catching what you're kicking,and a 100% more packs would be better. But at the moment it is what it is, I was also going to chuck in a few cuts of different things as well,just to see what comes of it. The original seeds are all from pretty well known breeders to begin with like seed junkie, capulator, compound genetics, jungle boys ect ect. Hence the only real reason I want to expand them to hunt properly.
It could be a waist of time but I don't think it would be with the calibre of the original strains and breeders.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
I would stick with one male to start with. Just select one breed it to your best female. You can always select more males later on. Don't over complicate shit and end up with cross pollination everywhere. Select your plants and just bx to females keeping your good male. You'll get where u need to be.

smokey

Welcome amigo, you've come to the right place.

Sounds like you know what you need to do. If you have a few packs I would be careful with cross pollination to keep the lines from ''contaminating'' each other. Good luck on the project.
Cheers legend,yeah I was only going to do one pack at a time. My main grow is in a studio out the back and I was going to set up a tent in the house for breeding.

smokey

Howdy Ho and welcome to paradise Smokey. 3 beans ehh.... You might consider taking a look at Greenpoint's website especially their reverse auctions which pretty much always have at least 1 10 pack of regulars listed. https://greenpointseeds.com/reverse-auctions/
They ship world wide in crush proof discrete packaging and are very affordable. GL on your project!X
I had a suss at Greenpoint seeds,I'm just not sure about success getting seeds from the US to Australia,I've had a fair few get in from Canada no worries.
Also with the Aussie dollar being so weak compared to the American dollar seeds from the states are stupidly expensive ATM. Hopefully soon the Aussie dollar will get stronger.

smokey

I would stick with one male to start with. Just select one breed it to your best female. You can always select more males later on. Don't over complicate shit and end up with cross pollination everywhere. Select your plants and just bx to females keeping your good male. You'll get where u need to be.

Cheers legend,I had a suss of your YouTube channel last night.Plenty of little golden nuggets of info in there.🙏

Hey quick question do Greenpoint seeds get packs into Australia no worries?I'd love to give your gear a run when the Aussie dollar picks back up.
Cheers mate have a amazing day.🤘