Bowl trimmer

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
Just wanted to see what you guys think about them and if they are worth the investment.

I don't have the environment to do whole plant and I'm thinking that taking the tops and bowl trimming the rest will be my best course of action in the future.

This was last night's removal.
20211007_201711.jpg

I think the browning I've been snipping are bruised areas from banging against the tote during the wash. When I cut into or peeled back the buds everything was green and healthy looking. A tear dropped everytime they hit the pan with thud.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have one and use it sparingly. I think I have several "under $100 and you must have it" things laying around. I use it if I am making hash with a poorer producing strain. If I trim a few buds and there's just not much there compared to the foliage I bowl-trim it and hash everything that isn't nug-worthy. Doing the trimmer sorts that shit out quick for a strain you are not impressed with.

I also use it on the lowers from fat plants. If I am already seeing a quart or better of the tops the rest I ain't fucking with. I'll bowl-trim it and keep the biggest in the smoke jar.

I don't like the rubber fingers that roll the buds around, and I don't use it on dry buds unless they are getting hashed. If they are green they survive it fine.

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
What size trimmer/brand are you running, and how much material dictates busting it out (more like worth cleaning it)?

The ipower or vivosun 19" seems like it might meet my needs. I don't have the "weight eyeball" yet to know what size is right.

Phenosearch

Insanely Active Member
I think that's what I'll be doing next season. I'm not worried about how tight the trim job is or flat dried buds since it's just me.
I have one they do a half decent trim, my indoor is strictly hand trimmed my outdoor I try to hand trim at a minimum the tops but to do a large quantity quick they are awesome I run quite a bit through mine “outdoor” beats them up a decent amount but hang them on a dry rack and get them in jars curing is my main concern I think they are worth it can always go threw and retrim once dried

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have one they do a half decent trim, my indoor is strictly hand trimmed my outdoor I try to hand trim at a minimum the tops but to do a large quantity quick they are awesome I run quite a bit through mine “outdoor” beats them up a decent amount but hang them on a dry rack and get them in jars curing is my main concern I think they are worth it can always go threw and retrim once dried
Same- I'll snip and hand trim the tops, but how dense everything else is determines how far down the limb that goes. As some point it is just easier to toss it in the trimmer and get it ready for hash - and anything that survives the trimmer still smokes fine. The stuff that has been bowl-trimmed off is perfect to do dry-sift or bubble hash with.

DougDawson

Really Active Member
I freeze it until I get the urge to spend a few hours running bubble.
Do you have a thread for making bubble or can you explain your process. I am going to start my first attempt at bubble hash shortly. I have a BOG Grape Punch I recently chopped, quick trimmed some and tossed in the freezer. I have a Bubblegagdude washing machine and bags I picked up for the attempt. Any info would be appreciated @H.A.F. Thanks.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Do you have a thread for making bubble or can you explain your process. I am going to start my first attempt at bubble hash shortly. I have a BOG Grape Punch I recently chopped, quick trimmed some and tossed in the freezer. I have a Bubblegagdude washing machine and bags I picked up for the attempt. Any info would be appreciated @H.A.F. Thanks.
If you have the washing machine kit then the extraction is going to be a cakewalk for you. The hardest part about making bubble hash is making sure you properly dry it. You want to dry it in similar conditions to how you dry flower but. Just to make sure it is completely dry, some people will press it into a brick (once it is dried), freeze it, and then micro-plane it while frozen onto cardboard to let it dry a second time.