Boveda packs affect taste or aroma? Life Span?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
"Haters hatin'" lol...Nah,I know what I've experienced. It's possible when I first started using them,before I knew how to use them,I was using them wrong. Can't tell me they don't steal terps/flavor tho.

Anything you put in a jar with buds will steal some terps. Terps & flavor coincide.So....
Also - your buds in a jar will lose terps with age, soooo :)

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
Also - your buds in a jar will lose terps with age, soooo :)
I don't get it.🤔 Where do the terps go if not in the jar? My aged buds are still terp heavy as well as some of the empty jars they used to be in.
I'm not speaking on the most volatile terps with a boiling point of around 70f.

Oh yea, I liked the Integras better than the bovedas. They both work,if used correctly.

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
I think it fades, not necessarily goes anywhere.
Indeed it does.I agree. I will admit,I don't have aged jars much anymore. With the uprising of information on concentrates & edibles,majority of my herb is lucky to cure for 2 months now.
I myself prefer fresh, dried correctly flower to smoke,tastes lovely. I do enjoy a nice cure as well.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I like the creativity some have to re-generate the packs but they are inexpensive enough that I keep them disposable.
I went through my supply pretty quick for a while, and the packs were definitely disposable because all I did was store dried weed with them.

Since I started growing and using them during drying and curing, they self-regenerate without me having to try. As far as the long term effects, I have some skunk from June (longest I have held weed LOL) and it is still perfectly potent, but it is no longer green, does not have the "in the jar smell" like it did. Once it is ground it smells fresh.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I had to order more packs, so I got some of the 55% to try as well. I have some flowers that grind up nice and have snow for days, and others that gum up the grinder after a few runs.

I busted up a top from one of those sticky buds, and put some in a c-vault each rH% just to see if there's a difference.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I just had a stoner epiphany.

We re-use the packs, and they are permeable.

We put them in the skunk, then the cantaloupe gelato, then the cookies and whatever the hell. Terps are going to stick to the paper with everything else.

I don't think the ones in a c-vault "lid-tray" will transfer as much, but the smell is still going to transfer a little. So maybe it's a combining of terps, rather than depleting them?

LordKoos

I have found that the packs will absorb the odor of whatever weed they are stored with, but they do not seem to affect the smell of the weed itself in anyway. Mine are getting old after three seasons, but still work great. Need to figure out how to clean the sticky off of them without messing up the packs.

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
I have found that the packs will absorb the odor of whatever weed they are stored with, but they do not seem to affect the smell of the weed itself in anyway. Mine are getting old after three seasons, but still work great. Need to figure out how to clean the sticky off of them without messing up the packs.
I like your style