Asymmetric Clone Topping and Training

Ok, so I have three clones all at about week 5-6 of veg and all Canarado - one Grape Dog D, one Doho x Wedding Cake and one Bday Banger.

I want to do the best to get all I can out of these three as their mothers all did exceptional untrained, but training should produce more herbage.

These clones were taken late in the mother's lives, and all are alternating nodes - not symmetrical. This means that each arm is not directly across from the other, they are several inches a part in most cases.

I am not a huge topping guy, so I wanted to ask this question. If I were to top these, how and where would I take the cuts? The plants remember are already alternating due to their maturity. Currenly these are roughly 24-30 inches in height. My plan was to top all three and then get them into my 3x3 and scrog them so I have nothing but large tops to harvest.

Where should I take the cut? Someone said, as long as you have two large fan leaves close to each other and two other branches, take the cut there. Then those two smaller branches would become mains. What do you guys think?

Had a picture, but site says too large to upload, so I've reduced it the best I can. Hoping you can scale it back up as needed.

Attachments

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Ok, so I have three clones all at about week 5-6 of veg and all Canarado - one Grape Dog D, one Doho x Wedding Cake and one Bday Banger.

I want to do the best to get all I can out of these three as their mothers all did exceptional untrained, but training should produce more herbage.

These clones were taken late in the mother's lives, and all are alternating nodes - not symmetrical. This means that each arm is not directly across from the other, they are several inches a part in most cases.

I am not a huge topping guy, so I wanted to ask this question. If I were to top these, how and where would I take the cuts? The plants remember are already alternating due to their maturity. Currenly these are roughly 24-30 inches in height. My plan was to top all three and then get them into my 3x3 and scrog them so I have nothing but large tops to harvest.

Where should I take the cut? Someone said, as long as you have two large fan leaves close to each other and two other branches, take the cut there. Then those two smaller branches would become mains. What do you guys think?

Had a picture, but site says too large to upload, so I've reduced it the best I can. Hoping you can scale it back up as needed.
Hey so I usually take the bottom sets , I like to leave at least four or five branches for training. Shoot sorry just read it better and I was confused .

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
When I was doing manifolds/mainlines, I tried to use the same theory. I topped it and left two good sprouts, then later I topped those to keep another two each.

They weren't lined up pretty at the base, but it worked the same.

If you are going for a few tops rather than a scrog it's a good start.

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
How many arms do you want ? I'd just cut them to where you lose the least progress and even everything out to fit in your scrog. As long as you dont cut it to the base you should be a ok. I'd do it where on the left side of the pick the leaf touching the tent that's darkest. I'd cut right above that node and keep it flat there across all of them. I dont have any scrog experience but when I do grow. I train.