Anyone know what this is?

I've seen this before on other plants. It used to happen to others but never this bad.

DSCN1434.JPG

See the top branch? That is now the top of my cola. I first noticed it on the new moms I was going to take clones from. Once they start doing this they STOP growing. The whole cola stops. I have to pop them off and let the normal sides grow in but once they are in flower I'm kind of fucked for a good top.

3 out of 5 colas had this. Ethos Lemon Berry Candy OG. Chucked all the moms and have to get something new. It also happened to a few colas on the 10th Planet from Ethos.

I really hope it's not some virus or some other shit but it's only affecting these 2 strains.

Kushash

Insanely Active Member
I've seen this before on other plants. It used to happen to others but never this bad.

View attachment 134352

See the top branch? That is now the top of my cola. I first noticed it on the new moms I was going to take clones from. Once they start doing this they STOP growing. The whole cola stops. I have to pop them off and let the normal sides grow in but once they are in flower I'm kind of fucked for a good top.

3 out of 5 colas had this. Ethos Lemon Berry Candy OG. Chucked all the moms and have to get something new. It also happened to a few colas on the 10th Planet from Ethos.

I really hope it's not some virus or some other shit but it's only affecting these 2 strains.
I don't think it's a virus. My guess is that they have a self-topping trait in the genetics.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin

View attachment 134352

I've ran ethos, was looking for a Skunk so threw a wild card to see maybe if they was any truth, sorriest batch of plants I've ran. Tossed em before they even hit flower.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk

View attachment 134352

Affecting new growth.
Do you have "curling leaves"?

I don't think it's a virus. My guess is that they have a self-topping trait in the genetics.
Just found one on my SF'NG which is a strain from Twenty 20 Mendocino. Popped off the bad part and left the next biggest growth as my new top. It only happens to the tops.

This is not a good sign. So it's not the genetics.

The only thing I can think of is that I used Azamax on all of these plants a few weeks ago. Did something happen to the genes? Fucking motherfuck I don't need this right now.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Just found one on my SF'NG which is a strain from Twenty 20 Mendocino. Popped off the bad part and left the next biggest growth as my new top. It only happens to the tops.

This is not a good sign. So it's not the genetics.

The only thing I can think of is that I used Azamax on all of these plants a few weeks ago. Did something happen to the genes? Fucking motherfuck I don't need this right now.
I'll bet it's your lighting.
What is your spectrum range?
UV?
How close and how much?

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Perception of Ultraviolet-B (UV-B) radiation, a component of sunlight, regulates photomorphogenesis, including hypocotyl elongation inhibition, cotyledon expansion, and flavonoid accumulation (Kim et al., 1998; Kliebenstein et al., 2002; Favory et al., 2009; Wargent et al., 2009; Yadav et al., 2020). However, high intensity, continuous full wavelength UV-B damages plants and leads to abnormal plant growth and development, which is called UV-B stress. UV-B stress affects DNA synthesis and DNA replication by forming pyrimidine dimers, resulting in heritable variation (Britt, 1995). In addition to causing direct DNA damage, UV-B forms reactive oxygen species, resulting in oxidative stress and the oxidation of lipids and proteins. Too much UV-B causes cell death, resulting in wilting, yellowing, and abnormal growth. UV-B stress also impairs photosynthesis (Kliebenstein et al., 2002; Frohnmeyer and Staiger, 2003; Favory et al., 2009; Hideg et al., 2013). With longer exposure to UV-B irradiation, the maximum quantum yield of photosystem II (Fv/Fm) decreases continuously (Sztatelman et al., 2015).

These lights you all use, has continuous UVB.
You need a separate control for those super-active photons
(Think of a spring)
Springs on your garage door (UVB) 280-380nm compared to a "slinky" 660nm photo reds.

Its not like adding 660nm.
The closer you drop the tougher it gets for the plant.
Spectrum gets out of whack.
Your plant is an addict,
uvb =detox
like cutting your meds down with very inch closer to the canopy.
Invites viroids and pests because it is now sick

Last edited:
Perception of Ultraviolet-B (UV-B) radiation, a component of sunlight, regulates photomorphogenesis, including hypocotyl elongation inhibition, cotyledon expansion, and flavonoid accumulation (Kim et al., 1998; Kliebenstein et al., 2002; Favory et al., 2009; Wargent et al., 2009; Yadav et al., 2020). However, high intensity, continuous full wavelength UV-B damages plants and leads to abnormal plant growth and development, which is called UV-B stress. UV-B stress affects DNA synthesis and DNA replication by forming pyrimidine dimers, resulting in heritable variation (Britt, 1995). In addition to causing direct DNA damage, UV-B forms reactive oxygen species, resulting in oxidative stress and the oxidation of lipids and proteins. Too much UV-B causes cell death, resulting in wilting, yellowing, and abnormal growth. UV-B stress also impairs photosynthesis (Kliebenstein et al., 2002; Frohnmeyer and Staiger, 2003; Favory et al., 2009; Hideg et al., 2013). With longer exposure to UV-B irradiation, the maximum quantum yield of photosystem II (Fv/Fm) decreases continuously (Sztatelman et al., 2015).
These plants were under 2 different lights. HLG100 V2's @ 4k and HLG 550 Bspec's.

Maybe too close? I moved them up a foot to be sure. I'm clueless at this point.

Do you have anymore pics of the others?
No because I had pulled most off before finally taking a pic of that one. If I find more I'll take more pics.

I have had this before but now it's getting out of hand. When I let the bud grow out it's all air and nothing to it. It also stunts the whole branch from growing further.

See the pic above? I wind up nipping the whole top and right side off. I left the normal budling on the left to continue growing a new top.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
These plants were under 2 different lights. HLG100 V2's @ 4k and HLG 550 Bspec's.

Maybe too close? I moved them up a foot to be sure. I'm clueless at this point.

No because I had pulled most off before finally taking a pic of that one. If I find more I'll take more pics.

I have had this before but now it's getting out of hand. When I let the bud grow out it's all air and nothing to it. It also stunts the whole branch from growing further.

See the pic above? I wind up nipping the whole top and right side off. I left the normal budling on the left to continue growing a new top.
Those shouldn't have uvb, at least I don't think so.
Too close, too quick,
would be my 2nd guess.

Some pics of the tent I moved into 3 days ago. This tent has two Chilled Growcraft X600 led's in it. The problem was most likely happening before the move. Also, the moms are under totally different lights and are doing it as well.

One side of the tent with the Lemon Berry Candy and the Lemon OG/Haze

DSCN1436.JPG

The Lemon Berry with all the stunted tops nipped off. You can see where there are now 2 shorter tops in places. Only 3 days in flower so it may not be so bad after the stretch.

DSCN1437.JPG

The Lemon OG/Haze not affected at all.

DSCN1440.JPG

Other side of the tent with 8 Zero Grav, some Ethos Crescendo and 10th Planet plus 2 SF'NG.

DSCN1438.JPG

Some Zero Grav

DSCN1439.JPG

Some SF'NG tops

DSCN1441.JPG

Sorry your having to battle with whatever ever the hell this bullshit is wreaking havock on your plants is Huggy. Seeing it is multiple genetics under multiple lights with the only common denominator being they were all treated with Avamax I think your original thought of that being the reason is correct.