Anyone cancel their Amazon prime?

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
I think I'm not going to renew and see where that goes. No problem with the service but the new security protocol requires you to keep cookies. I don't........cookies die when the browser closes is my setting. That means when I go to A, I have to re-verify which requires opening an email acct and doing the verifying thing back and forth.. BEFORE I can go shopping. Fuck them and their hoops.

Even if you turn the two_step verification off in your account.....that only works if you keep the cookie and this is per device........idiots. You're supposed to make it easy for me to spend my money not saddle me down with security processes that you Amazon should be taking care of.

Rant off.............fuckers!

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
My browser is set to clear cookies when it closes. It doesn't so far appear that I can spare just the A cookie. So now I go to amazon but without the cookie and it tells me I need to verify. That means opening another window, logging into an email I don't have open, copying the code then going back to A and pasting that in.........just to log in.........fuck that. For online banking I'm ok with that............but for amazon it's ridiculous overkill.

Cookies are ok on my terms, but I want them done when I sign off. I don't need to be dragging around perpetually, a bunch of crap I am not using. And Amazon saying it's for security doesn't make me feel all that confident. If I can keep just the A cookie fine, but seems like terms are all or nothing.

Voting....with my wallet. I canceled but it won't take until May.

It's OK. There are a few other things pissing me off with them. The first is raising prices on subscribed items, not having certain items available for delivery that were in the past and the whole prime pantry schtick where now you have to have $35 of "pantry items" to avoid shipping where it used to be part of overall prime.

I'll just use them to my advantage when I need to without being a member.

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
For the security stuff, I don't think it's overkill at all. Amazon stores massive amounts of personal information including CC info. They're just doing their due diligence. In 2020, multi-factor authentication (MFA) is 100% necessary, otherwise it's much easier for someone to gain access to your account. It's just a fact of life these days. Anything less really isn't secure...

Among the things they store in your cookie is an authentication token, typically with an expiration date. It's encrypted, and only Amazon can read it. The point of this token is so you don't have to repeat the steps of MFA every time you visit the site.

All your other gripes are certainly valid. My biggest complaint with Amazon is that the quality of their everyday goods has gone to shit, or at least the stuff they try to push on us. Better quality things from smaller sellers is typically buried so far down you'll never find it.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
lol....that's their plan

anyway.........I am currently evaluating the "guff" level I may be subjected to by other family members and I may have to back down off my principles to maintain the peace here. Fucking Bezo's.....