Any mold experts

Gilgamesh

I’m using Mother Earth coco and I noticed some random white spots.
Temp is about 70 and humidity is only 30 (trying to get it up) got fans blowing and light is 24/7. Im also doing a bottom feed in just water and I like to wait till the cups are feather light. The spots are only in a few cups out of 50 lol B6B3CB45-5717-4B3C-86F0-06E6B4E5DDBB.jpeg28A01119-2703-4AC2-ACD9-00A1E978AA08.jpeg1729FBEB-062E-4ECE-9A1A-8D6BB644FEF1.jpeg

Bustenbeans

Smoke pot, eat twat and smile alot
Isn't most of the coco coir sold sterilized and buffered for PH stability?
Yeah your right,most of it is.. What I do Is buy cheap cheap compressed brick's of coco then I'll take boiling pots of water to nuke any nasty shit aka Mites!!! Lessons were learned very early on that any thing used for indoor cultivation will get the proper treatment another thing I like about cheap coco is the fibers are nice and long and feel it benefits the root zone a bit more cause it doesn't completely break down to that fine ass coco peat maken it harder to get an even watering. Just my 2 cents. Take with a grain of salt I'm only 4 years Into this hobby 😁

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Yeah your right,most of it is.. What I do Is buy cheap cheap compressed brick's of coco then I'll take boiling pots of water to nuke any nasty shit aka Mites!!! Lessons were learned very early on that any thing used for indoor cultivation will get the proper treatment another thing I like about cheap coco is the fibers are nice and long and feel it benefits the root zone a bit more cause it doesn't completely break down to that fine ass coco peat maken it harder to get an even watering. Just my 2 cents. Take with a grain of salt I'm only 4 years Into this hobby 😁
I've never used straight coco coir. I have used Pro Mix for well over 40 years.
No sense changing with the results I get.
And it's fairly cheap, it's buffered, plus microbes are added.

Bustenbeans

Smoke pot, eat twat and smile alot
I've never used straight coco coir. I have used Pro Mix for well over 40 years.
No sense changing with the results I get.
And it's fairly cheap, it's buffered, plus microbes are added.
So just plain pro mix right? I'm in the process of researching best practices for moms and coco is not mom medium imo only because the fucken growth's is explosive. I get I can feed lower and drop par but I'd rather just find a different medium and run with it. You have any inputs on keeping moms around for year's? I'm not opposed to going soil but my grow style has kept me pretty sheltered 😂.shit this isn't my thread sorry for the highjack @Gilgamesh

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
You can run straight Pro Mix, but will have to chemical feed. I usually mix compost, perlite and other amendments along with it. It is a really good "base" to start with. I'm sure there are better mixes, but I try not to spend my life savings on growing. lol
I reuse my soil a lot. I have enough in bins that it will support both tents being full and then some. Then when I harvest plants, I mix it all back into the bins, amend it with some goodies, wet it down, and cover it with with plastic with holes poked in it until it’s needed again. I think it’s been a couple of years since I’ve bought soil.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I reuse my soil a lot. I have enough in bins that it will support both tents being full and then some. Then when I harvest plants, I mix it all back into the bins, amend it with some goodies, wet it down, and cover it with with plastic with holes poked in it until it’s needed again. I think it’s been a couple of years since I’ve bought soil.
Yes, I keep amending and reusing the Pro Mix as long as there's no critters etc from the run before. My PM came from overcrowding and not defoliating enough.
Something else that I didn't know. Powder mold is a "bug"???
Comes from aphids (larvae) which comes from high nitrogen in the grow medium.
Has anyone else came across this info, or is it BS?

Sativa Kid

I reuse also. Same system except some of the times I bag it up in a black garbage bag for Sun/heat treatment or freezing treatment on the back deck. Or sometimes I rinse it in Dolomite soup. I'm trying to learn natural soil techniques and I'm a little more than 2 years into the soil thing and of course the weed taste better. But finally I have some bigger juicier looking buds in my two most common strains so I'm just getting lucky I think. Because I have more questions about growing natural than answers.