Air Layer Cloning

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
I have one still going. I'm going to see how well she does after revegging.

I can't see the video but it's easy enough for a super noob like me to find success. I'm going to try it out this summer to top, transplant and sex a plant or two

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I have one still going. I'm going to see how well she does after revegging.

I can't see the video but it's easy enough for a super noob like me to find success. I'm going to try it out this summer to top, transplant and sex a plant or two
It’s because it is age restricted, you need to sign into YouTube to see it. Or you can go to his site for more info here https://rootpods.com/pages/about-root-pods

it’s basically getting a stem to root while it is still on the plant.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
It’s because it is age restricted, you need to sign into YouTube to see it. Or you can go to his site for more info here https://rootpods.com/pages/about-root-pods

it’s basically getting a stem to root while it is still on the plant.
I dig what you're doing and it's cool. I just don't get why. As opposed to snipping the limb I mean. Are you doing older/fatter limbs that usually wouldn't root?

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I dig what you're doing and it's cool. I just don't get why. As opposed to snipping the limb I mean. Are you doing older/fatter limbs that usually wouldn't root?
I haven’t tried this yet, I just find it interesting and I think it is great for cloning outdoor plants. He said the main benefit is that the clone doesn’t struggle during the rooting process because the plant keeps feeding it the whole time. Once the roots are filled out (about 2 weeks) you just cut the branch off, remove the clam shell, and plant it.

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato

My transplants didn't make it.

I haven’t tried this yet, I just find it interesting and I think it is great for cloning outdoor plants. He said the main benefit is that the clone doesn’t struggle during the rooting process because the plant keeps feeding it the whole time. Once the roots are filled out (about 2 weeks) you just cut the branch off, remove the clam shell, and plant it.
Try it out, it's super easy and like you stated the plant doesn't skip a beat. Maybe a good technique for difficult to root varieties?

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin

My transplants didn't make it.

Try it out, it's super easy and like you stated the plant doesn't skip a beat. Maybe a good technique for difficult to root varieties?
How the hell did I miss your post about this? I’m definitely going to try it on some outdoor plants.