Air layering

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
BT Air layering rooted.jpg

This method is awesome! The plant didn't skip a beat. In fact, I was able to take some cuts for another propagation lesson.

Had an extra SD to defile. I love this hobby.

SD3-RB,BT,GSC graft.jpg

That poor plant started as a clone to sex, pollinated for seed, revegged/monster-cropped into this mangled newly grafted Frankenplant. Fingers crossed it works.

I'll post recovery updates.

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
Used a root riot plug cut almost halfway like a hotdog. I didn't have to scrape because it was a cluster of branches that I snipped all off. Spread some clonex on the fresh cuts and around the contact area of the root riot. Wrapped with a cut up sandwich bag and secured with training wire.

I did a similar procedure with the grafts but instead of using a rooting plug I used newspaper since it will be removed if it works.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Used a root riot plug cut almost halfway like a hotdog. I didn't have to scrape because it was a cluster of branches that I snipped all off. Spread some clonex on the fresh cuts and around the contact area of the root riot. Wrapped with a cut up sandwich bag and secured with training wire.

I did a similar procedure with the grafts but instead of using a rooting plug I used newspaper since it will be removed if it works.
How is the graphs coming along? The graphs are a good way to keep your genetics.
I think I'm gonna try some rock wool and microbes.
Prolly should cover with pc of black felt, then wrap it.

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
I just performed the procedure today and the cuts are all floppy. Hopefully in a few days they perk up.

I think the rock wool would work just as well if not better. I would suggest the felt outside of the plastic bag to block light. Salt to taste amigo this is my first rodeo.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I just performed the procedure today and the cuts are all floppy. Hopefully in a few days they perk up.

I think the rock wool would work just as well if not better. I would suggest the felt outside of the plastic bag to block light. Salt to taste amigo this is my first rodeo.
Wrap in black plastic? Gotcha "amigo". I was gonna peel the felt back off after the roots air pruned some.