Advice on future grow

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
So I'm finally gonna have time and be back in a green state for a bit. Problem is I know I'm going to have to be away for a week for sure.

Question is if I start in coco hamdwater hydro and switch to a organic homemade soil will this cause issues?
Plan is to transplant from a 2 or 3 gallon coco to a 5 or 7 gallon fabric. This way I can transplant them. Give em a good soaking and leave. Do you think they would last a week this way? I can leave mid flower or start later and leave a week before the flip. I may be able to have someone come through but I wont know anyone in the area very well and would prefer not to

. Hydro is out of question for now as I travel too much for all of that plus wouldn't want a breakdown in a rental while I was away. Thanks fam !

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
So I'm finally gonna have time and be back in a green state for a bit. Problem is I know I'm going to have to be away for a week for sure.

Question is if I start in coco hamdwater hydro and switch to a organic homemade soil will this cause issues?
Plan is to transplant from a 2 or 3 gallon coco to a 5 or 7 gallon fabric. This way I can transplant them. Give em a good soaking and leave. Do you think they would last a week this way? I can leave mid flower or start later and leave a week before the flip. I may be able to have someone come through but I wont know anyone in the area very well and would prefer not to

. Hydro is out of question for now as I travel too much for all of that plus wouldn't want a breakdown in a rental while I was away. Thanks fam !
Should be good 👍. Just keep an eye on pH

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
Should be good 👍. Just keep an eye on pH
Would I swing it from like 5.7 to 6.5 or something co soldering the hybrid nature of things. I would just start full organic but I'd have to let shit cook for a bit. Or f it I could always just throw them in some beefed up potting mix and then give them the good good for they're flowering stage.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Would I swing it from like 5.7 to 6.5 or something co soldering the hybrid nature of things. I would just start full organic but I'd have to let shit cook for a bit. Or f it I could always just throw them in some beefed up potting mix and then give them the good good for they're flowering stage.
True . I mean u can just go half strength w some slow release stuff . I am starting to do the same thing . Soil is forgiving as hell thank God lol . The beauty is u can always suppliment w instant if u got to. Dude I am high af so I hope I am even responding to what u are asking 🥴

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
They’d prolly be ok for 7 days Just make sure you drench them good the day you leave and then the day you get back make sure you water them slow

I’ve been having to deal with the same situation for a couple months now. Also I’m learning that an underwatered plant can show symptoms of diff nute deficiencys when they are just underwatered. so just something to keep in mind