Adding a tent

Raul Duke

I am thinking about adding a tent to my operation. Probably gonna use a 4 x2 tent but i could be convinced to go to 4 x 4. What tents are recommended & who should i avoid? Same for quite exhaust fans & LED. Thanks

larf

If you have the room and the money go as big as you can. If you want to expand it's easier to control the environment of one tent than two. I have two tents pushed together with a wall cut out to combine them into one big tent because two tents was a pain.

I haven't bought one in a long time, so I'm not up to date. Just make sure it's strong, and that the vent ports are big enough and located in practical spots. The ones I own are generic and they work fine. I have curtains to block a bunch of light leaking through the zipper and around the seams. The curtains were inexpensive and gives my grow a Broadway vibe.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
It seems like even higher end tents, like Gorilla, have light leak issues that need to be dealt with. It really depends on how much you are willing to spend and how long you expect to get out of it. I have a Vivosun 4x4, which a lot of people say is Junk, but I haven't had any issues with it and I've been growing in it non-stop for 3.5 years so far. IMHO, that's a hell of a deal for a $99 tent. For my 2x4 I went with AC Infinity and I like that tent as well.

As far as quiet exhaust fans go I think it will be hard to find anyone who has anything negative to say about AC Infinity. I run their fans in both tents and can't imagine running anything else (I did run vivosun fans before and they were junk).

LED is a whole 'nother debate. If money is a concern then building your own is the best way to get more affordable lights you can trust. If money isn't much of a concern then HLG, Timber, and ChilLED are pretty trusted and vetted.

People say "quiet" fans but they really don't know what's out there. I have tested several fans and had a few posts laying around about the pros and cons of them.

It seems like even higher end tents, like Gorilla, have light leak issues that need to be dealt with. It really depends on how much you are willing to spend and how long you expect to get out of it. I have a Vivosun 4x4, which a lot of people say is Junk, but I haven't had any issues with it and I've been growing in it non-stop for 3.5 years so far. IMHO, that's a hell of a deal for a $99 tent. For my 2x4 I went with AC Infinity and I like that tent as well.

As far as quiet exhaust fans go I think it will be hard to find anyone who has anything negative to say about AC Infinity. I run their fans in both tents and can't imagine running anything else (I did run vivosun fans before and they were junk).

LED is a whole 'nother debate. If money is a concern then building your own is the best way to get more affordable lights you can trust. If money isn't much of a concern then HLG, Timber, and ChilLED are pretty trusted and vetted.
I've got a link for an extra 5% off through ChilLED. Their's will be the next light I buy.

xsan

IMO the only big perk to the gorilla is if you have 9ft or taller ceilings because you can get the extender kit and have extra headspace otherwise the non gorillas work just fine.

IMO the only big perk to the gorilla is if you have 9ft or taller ceilings because you can get the extender kit and have extra headspace otherwise the non gorillas work just fine.
Zippers are supposed to be better than the rest. I've got a 2x4 Shorty upstairs, but haven't tried it yet since Mars sent me one.

I liked my cheap topolite or whatever it was, but the zipper took a shit on me after a couple years.

xsan

Zippers are supposed to be better than the rest. I've got a 2x4 Shorty upstairs, but haven't tried it yet since Mars sent me one.

I liked my cheap topolite or whatever it was, but the zipper took a shit on me after a couple years.
This is true, they are beefier zippers. It's still a zipper though and I assume will eventually shit. If I got a few years out of my no names I wouldn't justify the cost for the gorillas with zippers personally. Not saying you were just throwing it out there

Raul Duke

I have decided to go with the AC infinity 4 x 4 & one of their 6" exhaust fans but not their filter, I read a few reviews that said that the 6" filters that they sell don't fit well on their own fans. The tent will be used as a veg room but i will also do full runs of autos. Haven't picked a light yet. I like the Spider Farmer SF4000 that i have in the room now so I might just get another.

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
their filter fits fine you just have to put a short pc of pipe between fan and filter which I always do anyway. Some folks were trying to put filter right on fan. Their double walled pipe is quite good.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Put your tents in a room you can keep dark and fuck light leaks 😁 . The MAIN thing is the zipper. You are gonna be in that daily and if it sucks the tent sucks. The ones with big beefy zippers like a camping tent are the ones. Green Architecture makes good ones relatively cheap, but not a lot of size options.

VAHomegrown

I love my 4x3 flower tent . It's an odd size but is easy to light and still large enough to have multiples or larger plants. A single 400w led is plenty or you can run 3x150s to really light it up.

I second the Ac Infinity products. The controller 67s have been a game changer-my wife no longer contains about my late night trips to the plant room to check temps + humidty.

I love my 4x3 flower tent . It's an odd size but is easy to light and still large enough to have multiples or larger plants. A single 400w led is plenty or you can run 3x150s to really light it up.

I second the Ac Infinity products. The controller 67s have been a game changer-my wife no longer contains about my late night trips to the plant room to check temps + humidty.
A single 400 is probably better than 3 150's actually.

Yeah the single 400 is about perfect for that size tent. The 3 150s are nice though because you can raise and lower them independently to match diffent plants in the same tent. I've gotta borrow a buddy's par meter and do a comparison test between the light set ups.
Those 150's look really cool. I haven't used HID for over 20 years, but I just hear people talking. A comparison would be sweet. I like multiple lights too. I have 5 LED lights in my 3x8 closet and 2 in my 2x4 tent. I love the possibilities with multiple lights.

VAHomegrown

Those 150's look really cool. I haven't used HID for over 20 years, but I just hear people talking. A comparison would be sweet. I like multiple lights too. I have 5 LED lights in my 3x8 closet and 2 in my 2x4 tent. I love the possibilities with multiple lights.
I actually use LEDs & cheap ones at that. The 150w are ViparSpectra P1500s and the 400w is a ViparSpectra P4000. I can run them much closer than with the HPS so canopy penetatration hasn't been an issue. They have enough IR to keep leaf temps up without over heating the tents. I'm going to be doing some experimenting with a Cali Light works UVB tube in the tent with the 400w board. UV-B is the one thing many LEDs lack and can really push your harvest to the next level if all your other variables are dialed in (or fry the hell out of perfectly healthy plants lol)