AC Infinity Controller 69

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I picked up this newer controller yesterday, and I like that it has individual control over each port, but AC Infinity really needs someone who actually understands automation and integration to give them input on the app interface. Instead of setting up schedules for each part of the growth cycle (Veg, flower, and harvest), and telling it what you want each port (e.g. Exhaust fan, circulation fans, humidifier, etc.) to do during those schedules, they make you create each of those schedules, for each port, and then enable/disable each one when you get to the next growth stage. They do have a schedule section that affects all of the ports at the same time but each port does the same thing and you don't get individual port control with those schedules. So now, instaed of just switching my controller over to flower, I need to go to each port and switch them all over to flower... So stupid. That said, they do now offer a controllable humidifier and controllable outlets that tie into their controller. This could be a really nice, and pretty affordable, complete grow setup controller if they had a programming team that new more about making intuitive user interfaces.

Bobby_Resigliano

Violence. Speed. Momentum.
I've been looking at getting the 6" fans with the controller 69 pro for my new veg tent. Does that one have the same interface issues as yours? Or even the 69 Pro+?

Also will the Infinity mounting plate work for the Mars tents? I know the Mars doesn't have the tabs on the front but also wondering how how heavy the plate is? Maybe I could use self adhesive Velcro pads.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I've been looking at getting the 6" fans with the controller 69 pro for my new veg tent. Does that one have the same interface issues as yours? Or even the 69 Pro+?

Also will the Infinity mounting plate work for the Mars tents? I know the Mars doesn't have the tabs on the front but also wondering how how heavy the plate is? Maybe I could use self adhesive Velcro pads.
The Controller 69 Pro has totally different automation settings than the Controller 69. I have the Controller 69, but a friend of mine has the Pro, and there were some really strange issues I ran into with the Pro model that made me not want to upgrade to it. One issue we ran into was it somehow managed to think the light and clip fan he had switched ports which thankfully happened during veg and not while he was in flower. The controllers aren’t heavy at all. The hardest part about mounting it to another tent is getting the wires to the controller and mounting it. The mounting plate does have some weight to it because they changed it over from aluminum to steel because the new controllers have magnets built into them. I think the easiest way to mount it to another tent would be to screw it from the inside of the tent and use fender washers so it doesn’t tear the fabric (that’s how I monster my old controller to my old tent).

Bobby_Resigliano

Violence. Speed. Momentum.
The Controller 69 Pro has totally different automation settings than the Controller 69. I have the Controller 69, but a friend of mine has the Pro, and there were some really strange issues I ran into with the Pro model that made me not want to upgrade to it. One issue we ran into was it somehow managed to think the light and clip fan he had switched ports which thankfully happened during veg and not while he was in flower. The controllers aren’t heavy at all. The hardest part about mounting it to another tent is getting the wires to the controller and mounting it. The mounting plate does have some weight to it because they changed it over from aluminum to steel because the new controllers have magnets built into them. I think the easiest way to mount it to another tent would be to screw it from the inside of the tent and use fender washers so it doesn’t tear the fabric (that’s how I monster my old controller to my old tent).
Sounds like it could have been a glitch on the programmer? Was this an issue you saw reported online as well? I'm prob gonna grab one of those or just get another set of the cheapo Rainbird temp/humidity meters I have 2 sets of already.

I've been looking for a new environment controller and if its good enuf I can switch and use it for flower and use the old one for veg. The one I have now is a Titan i think that was about $175-200. Pretty simple but could be better for sure.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Sounds like it could have been a glitch on the programmer? Was this an issue you saw reported online as well? I'm prob gonna grab one of those or just get another set of the cheapo Rainbird temp/humidity meters I have 2 sets of already.

I've been looking for a new environment controller and if its good enuf I can switch and use it for flower and use the old one for veg. The one I have now is a Titan i think that was about $175-200. Pretty simple but could be better for sure.
He could just have a faulty controller. I was the one who programmed it. I checked on it later that night to make sure his temp and RH were in check and noticed the level of his light was changing. That’s how I found out it thought the light and fan ports were flipped. I told him to contact AC Infinity to see if it was a known issue. Not sure if he did though. It’s been fine since I rebuilt the schedules though.