A few tiny spots of mold

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Hey Y’all, need some advice please.

I’ve currently got some plants drying. They’re all hanging in a box to help slow the dry down I’m my very dry climate.

Today I was checking them out and found a few that had a fewtiny spots of white mold on them.

I cut the visible stolid off and segregated them from the others.

Are they pooched? Am I gonna have to toss em?

My plan is to let them dry down to about 70% as best I can and then put them in jars as burp as usual.

But now that there is mold present, I’m unsure of what to do.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
Scope the other hangers and see what you got. Look for where dense buds hug the stem, among elsewhere. It may not have spread, by chance, whack it off. If it's on all plants, squish em

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
Depends on who ya ask? Which probably depends on what access those people would have to more and when? If it’s any better etc etc. If it were me I’d cut the bad keep the stuff that looks good unless it was some serious molding going on. You could always wash it. But I don’t have the guts to dunk my buds lol

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
And do you curculate the air inside your cure box? I have a cojple small pc fans on the sides. One blowing up and one down. Kinda like convection oven. Keeps things even rh.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
And do you curculate the air inside your cure box? I have a cojple small pc fans on the sides. One blowing up and one down. Kinda like convection oven. Keeps things even rh.
No fans in the cure box! I guess that’s my next purchase.

I’ve never had as much in there as I did this time. I guess it was too much without any circulation. Lesson learned.

Dalton

Nobody
How long and vigorous do you wash it?
Use a gentle motion left to right, forward and backward. I also use a lemon and baking soda bucket then a clean water rinse. So 3 buckets total. I use this on all outdoor. A Gentle rinse will not affect the those sweet buds but will clean the hell out of them, dust, hair, shit thats floating around... check the bottom of the bucks its amazing the amount of crap to come off.. and yet the buds glisten no noticeable trichome loss

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
How long and vigorous do you wash it?
Depends on how dry they are, if still limp green then I swish them around pretty vigorous for a minute but if they are partially dry be gentle 30 seconds, like Dalton said I use lemon juice and baking soda but if you have some mold use peroxide then rinse in plain water then hang and dry....

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
You'll know a few days after you actually jar it whether you missed any.

I lost a few jars to this and put some thought into possible solutions. The best one is hash. Trich's don't mold, vegetation does.

Clean the stuff then bubble wash it. And I am not sure on the baking soda thing in the wash. if you let a drop of that evaporate, the layer of remaining baking soda will be evident. On frosty buds you could never tell if it was all rinsed off. I don't normally smoke baking soda, but on the off chance that it is habit forming, hard pass :ROFLMAO:

Baking soda is perfect scouring powder for cleaning that bucket pre-wash though.

Dalton

Nobody
baking soda brakes down pretty much all debris at a chemical level and lemon juice is a antiseptic. they go in the first bucket, Peroxide in the next bucket kills all bacteria, fungi, and mold. Last bucket clean R.O or Distilled Water for the final rinse ( as long as you properly rinse no residue will be left behind)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
baking soda brakes down pretty much all debris at a chemical level and lemon juice is a antiseptic. they go in the first bucket, Peroxide in the next bucket kills all bacteria, fungi, and mold. Last bucket clean R.O or Distilled Water for the final rinse ( as long as you properly rinse no residue will be left behind)
The h2o2 will kill anything harmful. and the actual wash process should remove any 'debris' regardless of water additives.

LoudCountryBAMF

I do h2o2 and water only. I skip the lemon and baking. With that being said, lemon juice is a mold inhibitor. So maybe using that is actually good 🤔

I do h2o2 and water only. I skip the lemon and baking. With that being said, lemon juice is a mold inhibitor. So maybe using that is actually good 🤔
Hmmmm... I know when I was big into homebrewing I used star san(food grade citric acid) and water in a spray bottle and a dunk bucket used it for sanitizing pretty much everything. That shit really works and I bet it would easily knock out small spots of mold and any other nasties off some bud.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Hmmmm... I know when I was big into homebrewing I used star san(food grade citric acid) and water in a spray bottle and a dunk bucket used it for sanitizing pretty much everything. That shit really works and I bet it would easily knock out small spots of mold and any other nasties off some bud.
Interesting, have you used it to clean your grow rooms? Wonder if it kills bugs etc? I use it to clean the hard water/calcium in my coffee maker, breaks that stuff right up.. Be safer than a lot of the cleaners...

Interesting, have you used it to clean your grow rooms? Wonder if it kills bugs etc? I use it to clean the hard water/calcium in my coffee maker, breaks that stuff right up.. Be safer than a lot of the cleaners...
I have never used star san for bugs/insects but I bet if you did it probably would not kill them but they most likely wouldn't like it very much and find somewhere else to hang out. Never thought to try using it for cleaning a tent and normally once reset time comes I just grab my shop vac and suck up all the dead leaves and other junk then spray and wipe ZEP on all the surfaces and if my yellow square sticky traps are all bugged up replace them or pull off a fresh side for the next run.
Zep.jpg

Last edited: