A Cabinet, a Closet, and a Table walk into a bar…

Dis39

Really Active Member
Everybody looks happy. 13 days since they broke the surface.

IMG_20210116_090953.jpg
Ive had some minor concern over getting this grow right, it a "high dollar" project for me (largest count yet as well, with some unproven but theoretically sound grow spaces) in a public space surrounded by people I admire and respect.

Getting to this point with this grow feels like a small milestone to me. Now that they are in larger volumes of soil I feel a little more at ease, when they were in the 3" pots I was worried they didnt maintain the root zone moisture levels I was going for. Additionally now that I know how many plants I have to select from, I feel a sense of relief. Not knowing if I was going to have 22x or 28x to try to manage.

I appreciate those of you Ive had the privilege of interacting with, and look forward to getting to know the rest of you. Thanks for stopping by.

Dis39

Really Active Member
Day 14. Trying to take dailies for my own documentation to help me learn and grow as a cultivator. I'm going to hit them with a neem / Agsil / aloe foliar IPM in the next day or two, and I'll water in 400mL of something later tonight, probably Pacific Gro Ocean Hydro w/ Bio Char at 25-33% concentration (7.5-10mL per gallon). If anyone sees anything noteworthy, please dont hesitate to point it out, I'm here to learn.

JEM
IMG_20210117_100545.jpg

Canna-cheese (Center 2)
IMG_20210117_100603.jpg

Anvil
IMG_20210117_100647.jpg

JEM2
IMG_20210117_100703.jpg

Meatman

Meat Master
Day 14. Trying to take dailies for my own documentation to help me learn and grow as a cultivator. I'm going to hit them with a neem / Agsil / aloe foliar IPM in the next day or two, and I'll water in 400mL of something later tonight, probably Pacific Gro Ocean Hydro w/ Bio Char at 25-33% concentration (7.5-10mL per gallon). If anyone sees anything noteworthy, please dont hesitate to point it out, I'm here to learn.

JEM
View attachment 81940

Canna-cheese (Center 2)
View attachment 81943

Anvil
View attachment 81945

JEM2
View attachment 81947
Looks real nice...Keep it up!!!

Dis39

Really Active Member
Day 17. Last night the squares got 600mL of Pacific Gro Ocean Hydro w/ Bio Char at 50% strength (15mL per gal). The rounds got 800mL. Everything got sprayed with neem / aloe / Agsil.

IMG_20210120_102325.jpg

Dis39

Really Active Member
Day 18. Plants look good. Soil moisture looks good. Might switch to 600mL every 3rd day, been doing 400mL every other day. I use the room fan to move the air, but also to manage soil moisture.

JEM
IMG_20210121_155628.jpg

Canna-Cheese (Center 2)
IMG_20210121_155552.jpg

Anvil
IMG_20210121_155534.jpg

JEM2
IMG_20210121_155645.jpg

Dis39

Really Active Member
Day 19. Gave them 600mL of Pacific Gro Ocean Hydro w/ Bio Char at 33% (10mL/gal) with Rootwise Mycrobe Complete and Rootwise Bio Catalyst. Got to the end of my solution and realized I was 3L short...:cry: Had to mix a small batch.
IMG_20210122_212839.jpg

Dis39

Really Active Member
Dude - your plants look great. You seem to put a lot of effort into them daily. Is it as labor intensive as it sounds?
Thank you sir, coming from you that really means something. Personally when reading through your grow I wonder how you manage all that you do! I think it sounds like more work than it is, perhaps its how I write about it, honestly the journal is more work than the garden. Part of the reason I am detailing this as much as I am is to see where I can improve next time, and hopefully use this grow to establish a working baseline to improve from.

Outside of trying to snap a picture daily I actually dont do all that much, I watered tonight (Friday) prior to that I watered on Tuesday. I literally just try to keep them wet with some combination of coconut, aloe, Agsil, rehydrated kelp tea, and ocean hydrolysate. I sprayed the other night, but that was more so because I was spraying the plants in the Cabinet, that then got moved into the Closet. There kind of isnt a lot to do right now other than wait. I wont be training these as I want to observe their natural growth patterns, and they are kind of at that point where its hard for them not to look good. I'll label them all tomorrow and start looking at them individually, but thus far Id say I spend about 45 minutes every third day at this point; as long as it takes the wife to take a bath (really depends on how high I am as well... Sometimes after lights out I just stand there and stare at them). Today went like this...

I woke up and filled 2x 3gal water jugs with filtered water. Threw some airstones in them to bubble off any missed chlorine and oxygenate the water.

Just before lights out I mixed up 3gals of solution. I added 30mL of ocean hydro and1/4tsp Rootwise Mycrobe to the bubbling mixture. I let that bubble and activate while I took a shower. Then I added 10mL of Rootwise Bio Catalyst, let that bubble for a few minutes more, then watered in 600mL using a glass Ball jar with a piece of masking tape to mark the 600mL into each pot. In this case I had to go back and make an additional 3L of solution, however that was all the work Ive done since Tuesday. The SSTs I do when I remember, which reminds me...

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I add calmag and silica to my water... and pH it and stuff :rolleyes:

I have 4 bags of top-dressing, and I look at the plant each week to see which food they get based on the stage (veg, just flipped, white pistils, brown pistils) and other than pruning that's all I do. I have some jedi pruning skills now, but that's about it.

Dis39

Really Active Member
Ordered 10x 3gallon plastic pots on for $38 as I had heard something from a fellow grower @H.A.F. that caused me to do some research and roll the dice...
Screenshot_20210123-144605.png

What arrived is a 4 bucket hydro kit.
Screenshot_20210123-144644.png

Looks like this... Everything is included except feed...
IMG_20210123_144225.jpg

Dis39

Really Active Member
Day 20. @H.A.F. got me feeling like I spend too much time in my garden! Spent about 2hrs today, the wife made labels so I labelled everything while she was doing a Zoom hangout with friends, generally in order of best looking (01) to worst looking (11), while I was at it I took a picture of each individual plant, then removed the bottom branch nodes of the JEMs, and the bottom 2 branch nodes of the Anvil, and sprayed them with aloe / rehydrated kelp tea / Agsil.
IMG_20210123_182322.jpg

The plants are arranged like this...

J10J11
J3J6J9C2A9A6A3
J2J5J8 A8A5A2
J1J4J7C1A7A4A1
IMG_20210123_182528.jpg

The 2 Canna-Cheese are wildly different, but both showing fem. I am not sure how much has to do with the stability of the genetics, the difference in pot, or my shortcomings as a grower. The JEMs in the back affirm the pot MAY have something to do with it.
IMG_20210123_133710.jpg
IMG_20210123_133446.jpg

A lot of the JEMs are starting to air prune, just a few tips on each. JEM 01 and JEM 07 are showing male. To my untrained eye so far the JEM 01 looks like the keeper male.
IMG_20210123_140259.jpg

IMG_20210123_134226.jpg

IMG_20210123_135804.jpg

So I am going to use the blue marker to track the order that plants show male parts, red to show the order that plants show female parts, I grabbed a purple and green marker to maybe use to mark for stem rub rankings or something.

Last edited:

Dis39

Really Active Member
Day 21. JEM 01, 03, and 07 are showing male. JEM 02 looks to be leaning that way, if thats the case then Ill use JEMS 01-03 as open pollenation donors as they show the most vigor and best structure with the strongest side branching. Just ordered a 2'x2' tent and a 3'x3'x4' pop up outdoor greenhouse. JEM 04, 05, and 08 show fem. JEM 06, 09, 10, and 11 are unknown at this point.
IMG_20210124_125240.jpg

Dis39

Really Active Member
Day 22. JEM02 confirmed male. JEM05 confirmed female. JEM10 showing male. I snipped the balls for now, but once I have my breeder female Ill start hardening them off to pollenate outdoors. I had thought they would need more water/solution tonight but theyll actually not need anything until tomorrow. Maybe Ill hit them with a foliar IPM before they get any deeper into flower.

IMG_20210125_133025.jpg

Dis39

Really Active Member
Day 23. I just sprayed them with aloe / Agsil and watered in 600mL of 66% strength (20mL per gal) Pacific Gro Ocean Hydro w/ Bio Char, Recharge, and Agsil.
IMG_20210126_161019.jpg
JEM06 and JEM09 confirmed female. Just waiting on JEM11. I'll up pot the fems and breeder males tomorrow or the next day (tent is due to arrive tomorrow), move the fems into the Cab, move the breeding 4 into the tent. The Anvils are just starting to show, Ill look more closely when I up pot the JEMs.

All the male JEMs are in the back, as well as JEM10 up front - disregard the clone, gifting a friend a few goodies soon. All the JEMs in square pots on the left are fem.

Dis39

Really Active Member
Day 24. Tent is delayed. Should be here tomorrow, at which point I'll up pot and move all these around. Nematodes arrived today and Assassin bugs were ordered earlier. Last run I ran with Assassin Bugs in the grow and and I enjoyed the peace of mind it gave me. They definitely put in work, I released a number into my veggie garden as well and they have established a population. Worth the $25 bucks in my eyes for my situation.
IMG_20210127_172709.jpg

Dis39

Really Active Member
Day 25. Tent was delayed yet again. Not much happened on the Table. Gifted thst Peyote Critical clone (the last of 4 I was holding), a couple JEM males, and a JEM female to a friend who has IBS. Hit everything left with an aloe foliar after lights out.
IMG_20210128_224905.jpg

Closet plants got sprayed and watered, girls were thirsty. Not drooping, but lighter than Id like. They took about 3L each. Sangria Cookies (Front Left), CLHP (Back Left), ASA05 (Back Right), and ASA02 (Front Right). CLHP is dealing with a white fly issue, cant seem to shake it, only one in the Closet. Did a thorough dousing of the CLHP with plain water in the sprayer, then hit everything with EM-5. Assassin bugs are en route, Ill just keep at it. I wiped the closet down with EM-5 while the plants were out for spraying. Im going to put the 3 shorter plants on risers tomorrow.
IMG_20210128_222050.jpg

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Day 25. Tent was delayed yet again. Not much happened on the Table. Gifted thst Peyote Critical clone (the last of 4 I was holding), a couple JEM males, and a JEM female to a friend who has IBS. Hit everything left with an aloe foliar after lights out.
View attachment 82729

Closet plants got sprayed and watered, girls were thirsty. Not drooping, but lighter than Id like. They took about 3L each. Sangria Cookies (Front Left), CLHP (Back Left), ASA05 (Back Right), and ASA02 (Front Right). CLHP is dealing with a white fly issue, cant seem to shake it, only one in the Closet. Did a thorough dousing of the CLHP with plain water in the sprayer, then hit everything with EM-5. Assassin bugs are en route, Ill just keep at it. I wiped the closet down with EM-5 while the plants were out for spraying. Im going to put the 3 shorter plants on risers tomorrow.
View attachment 82728
One thing that might help - I have a closet grow and tents. I had the closet lined with reflective stuff (space blankets) for better light reflection.
Bad stuff can happen between your sometimes moist enforimnemt, the plastic and your walls... I had no mold, but definitely a place out of the wind for the gnats to hide.