4x8 led recommendation?

KMOG

Always rockin’ at half mast
To pick your brain please lol
For a 4x4 the new HLG 650R with 4 75w daisy cobs in each corner plus 2 supplemental light bars consisting of uv and ir. In your personal opinion would i be hitting close to a right amount of light
if I’m understanding you right you have ~950watts and light bars(assuming the 650r is 650 watts?)? The uv and ir are a really cool feature. I’m pretty sure the footprint of those hlg lights solo are setup for a 4x4, so you should be good or in the upper range of what’s necessary. It’s about 100 watts more than I’m running in my 4x4 atm. I felt like my 4x4 didn’t have enough intensity at 630w and added an additional 200w bar(hlg). But when I was running 915w in there I definitely had more than enough light. Average about 2.4# a run pheno hunting the past couple rounds.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
if I’m understanding you right you have ~950watts and light bars(assuming the 650r is 650 watts?)? The uv and ir are a really cool feature. I’m pretty sure the footprint of those hlg lights solo are setup for a 4x4, so you should be good or in the upper range of what’s necessary. It’s about 100 watts more than I’m running in my 4x4 atm. I felt like my 4x4 didn’t have enough intensity at 630w and added an additional 200w bar(hlg). But when I was running 915w in there I definitely had more than enough light. Average about 2.4# a run pheno hunting the past couple rounds.
you were on the money.
2.4# is spectacular! Fuck homie thats incredible!
I'm quite happy with what ive got planned. Even more so that someone outside my head agrees lol.

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
I use 2X300 watt HLG rspecs so 600 watts along with 2 UV tubes and it is about all the light I want in a 4X4. If like me heat is the determining factor, wattage equals heat but the cobs put out the heat.
I bet the 650 will cover corners and all, I use 2 lights simply because it is easier to move around and I don't see any dim spots in corners.

KMOG

I use 2X300 watt HLG rspecs so 600 watts along with 2 UV tubes and it is about all the light I want in a 4X4. If like me heat is the determining factor, wattage equals heat but the cobs put out the heat.
I bet the 650 will cover corners and all, I use 2 lights simply because it is easier to move around and I don't see any dim spots in corners.
You’re saying heat is your determining factor, but you have more light coverage than needed. These statements don’t really belong together. You need to run plants under leds hotter generally. Your uv supplementation May bring your leaf temps up to negate that, but I can promise in a 4x4 if you could put another 200 watts in there without affecting your heat, you would yield more in that space. Imo that means not enough light. Again, depends on your goal, but mine is generally to pull as much weight as I can out of a space.

That’s said, if you’re pulling 1300g+ than disregard my statement.

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
You’re saying heat is your determining factor, but you have more light coverage than needed. These statements don’t really belong together. You need to run plants under leds hotter generally. Your uv supplementation May bring your leaf temps up to negate that, but I can promise in a 4x4 if you could put another 200 watts in there without affecting your heat, you would yield more in that space. Imo that means not enough light. Again, depends on your goal, but mine is generally to pull as much weight as I can out of a space.

That’s said, if you’re pulling 1300g+ than disregard my statement.
I don't think I said I had more light than needed I said I myself thought that 600 watts of HLG works well in a 4X4 tent and without dead spots, the HLG's works better in my tent in summer than 650 watts of cobs because of heat and cobs run hotter. I am sure 950 watts of any light would be too much in my 4X4 but many have more cooling than I do.
I am sure I could have explained myself better and actually posted as you did or would not have. Sorry.

KMOG

I don't think I said I had more light than needed I said I myself thought that 600 watts of HLG works well in a 4X4 tent and without dead spots, the HLG's works better in my tent in summer than 650 watts of cobs because of heat and cobs run hotter. I am sure 950 watts of any light would be too much in my 4X4 but many have more cooling than I do.
I am sure I could have explained myself better and actually posted as you did or would not have. Sorry.
The hlg is designed for a 4x4 as far as the diode spread so it makes sense it should cover the entirety of a 4x4 pretty uniformly. That being said, you can probably yield 1.5-2x using more light if you could control the heat. I use 0 cooling in my 4x4 and had 950 watts running in it. Just a big exhaust fan. So environment plays a big role and you can use 650 watts of led for a 4x4. But the space can do a lot more, at a cost.

Dondell

2x1000 watt se hps......youll yield a lot more. As far as most of these suggestion, you never have had adequate light in your space with those 2 x 600s. I would think about trying throwing a more appropriate amount of light in your space. 2 x 600s covers a 3.5x6-7’ area with short ceilings at most.

Ime led, cmh, hps....4x4 space needs at least 750-800 watts of whatever you’re using. 2 x 315s isn’t enough in a 4x4 to max out yield for spaces, 1 x 600 hps is about the same.
nah dude...there is no way I can cool 2x1000hps in that box...I have done fine with 600's...I'm looking to replace HPS, not get bigger ones...