240 Watt Grow Light

I ran into this on Ebay for $75.99.
240 watts at the wall.
Make a good cheap light. If I needed a light, I believe I would purchase 2 or 4 of these.
View attachment 105558
I am basically running 2 of those with much better build quality and components(samsung/meanwell) and they rock a 3 X 3 tent for sure. The thing I like the most about them is they have really beefy and perfect daisy chain plugs on top which makes cable management really easy. It even come with a tv remote that allows you dim/on/off your lights which still makes me giggle every time I do it. Next time you need a new light and want "cheap and good" give this bad boy a shot @NoWaistedSpace, I promise you will like it. Shane's discount code still works and they keep going down in price. I bought 2 of them for 110$ each delivered! I will be buying a couple more in the near future and when I finally retire my old trusty Mars TSW2000. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08P1RQRVV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

PuffTheMagic

Super Active Member
Around black Friday I picked up a few of those cheap amazon lights. They do have legit LEDs on them and thus acceptable ppdf. The main issue is the build quality and you can't really expand your space with them well without building some custom mounting rig for them. Plus at some point you just have too many wires and transformers than you really need for the amount of lights. At some point it just makes more sense to buy a bigger/better light. I am probably going to end up using my "cheap lights" for clones or other non-cannabis plants.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
For 75 bucks and 240 watts at the wall is a nice little light at $.30 per watt.
What is wall watts for one of yours?
I'm currently working on a 2160pc x 561C's 3000k at 300 watts for a 4 x 4. Still have to add 660 and UV and far red.
I ran it at 84 watts last night and was pulling decent PAR numbers.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
It looks like the equivalent of an HLG 260, but with one double-board instead of two separate ones. The board quality and driver quality would be the questions. I don't like that they throw "USA" on there when I bet most of the pieces are made elsewhere and it's assembled here. I like the potentiometer on there for dimming instead of the set screw the meanwells have. Don't know if it's just another piece to break or not.

For the cash I think it would be the perfect "Oh shit my light died" back up, or something to run until it dies while saving up for the next light?

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
It looks like the equivalent of an HLG 260, but with one double-board instead of two separate ones. The board quality and driver quality would be the questions. I don't like that they throw "USA" on there when I bet most of the pieces are made elsewhere and it's assembled here. I like the potentiometer on there for dimming instead of the set screw the meanwells have. Don't know if it's just another piece to break or not.

For the cash I think it would be the perfect "Oh shit my light died" back up, or something to run until it dies while saving up for the next light?
I think they're 2835 diodes. Hell of a nice light for 80 bucks. 2 of those will do a 4 x 4 for 160 bucks. That's less than an oz of weed. lol
Amazing how cheap leds are now. Anything over 2.0 microjoules/sec is a good light with around 200 lumens. Samsung 561's are 210 lumens and the 301B's are 220 lumens and 301H might be a couple more than the 301B?
Then you got Chilled's 3.14 microjoules/sec at 48watts a strip at 350mA, or 2.71 at 160 watts at 2800 mA. It's how they're made, that sets them apart from most.
Spider Farmer makes a good light.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think they're 2835 diodes. Hell of a nice light for 80 bucks. 2 of those will do a 4 x 4 for 160 bucks. That's less than an oz of weed. lol
Yup, I think durability/longevity would be the only issue but they don't take a beating. If it lights up out of the box you're pretty much good. I don't think they lose performance over time (like CMH) unless diodes start dying on you.

It's been about 3 years since the QB's, really hit the market in bulk. That's the perfect time for the next new thing to come out and the price to drop on the old stuff. I think COB's were next, but didn't catch on like they though.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Yup, I think durability/longevity would be the only issue but they don't take a beating. If it lights up out of the box you're pretty much good. I don't think they lose performance over time (like CMH) unless diodes start dying on you.

It's been about 3 years since the QB's, really hit the market in bulk. That's the perfect time for the next new thing to come out and the price to drop on the old stuff. I think COB's were next, but didn't catch on like they though.
It's the drivers that go bad.
It's hard to kill an led.
You can tear the top off and they will still light up.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
Amazing how cheap leds are now. Anything over 2.0 microjoules/sec is a good light with around 200 lumens. Samsung 561's are 210 lumens and the 301B's are 220 lumens and 301H might be a couple more than the 301B?
Then you got Chilled's 3.14 microjoules/sec at 48watts a strip at 350mA, or 2.71 at 160 watts at 2800 mA. It's how they're made, that sets them apart from most.
Spider Farmer makes a good light.
Where are you that you're getting $160 a zip??

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Im blooming a single plant in a 2x2 with a $52 Led light from amazon. It's doing pretty good. Parafactworks Ra1000.
Yea, even the cheaper lights are coming online with good numbers. I still have to say the Chilled is the light to chase down. It gets crazy numbers.
He has a hell of a control system if you want to fork out the bucks. They have super quality control and diode placement. R&D was him and growmau5 in his basement. I learned alot from growmau5 watching his builds and instruction videos.
But yea, you can grow weed with few reels of cheap Chinese warm and cool strip lights.
Basically what most of these lights are today.
5 or 6 years ago, if you could build or buy a light for less than a 1.00/watt, you were doing good.

m4s73r

The Laziest
Yea, even the cheaper lights are coming online with good numbers. I still have to say the Chilled is the light to chase down. It gets crazy numbers.
He has a hell of a control system if you want to fork out the bucks. They have super quality control and diode placement. R&D was him and growmau5 in his basement. I learned alot from growmau5 watching his builds and instruction videos.
But yea, you can grow weed with few reels of cheap Chinese warm and cool strip lights.
Basically what most of these lights are today.
5 or 6 years ago, if you could build or buy a light for less than a 1.00/watt, you were doing good.
I love my ChilLed Lights. But they really need to come down price wise on the spectrum control before id be willing to look at it. Right now, it costs more than the actual lights...