2021 Veggie Gardens

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Man, I have to say that this is the first time I properly spaced out cabbage and it is really showing! I can't wait for these to be ready so I can make some cabbage stew and other goodies!

4 - yz4Gm0A.jpg

All of the crisphead lettuce has been harvested and the romaine is still giving us a lot to pull out every day.
3 - RfTrNGa.jpg

I cleared out the middle of most of the tomato plants to help prevent mold and rot and they are fruiting a ton already. This cherry tomato plant will need more cleaning up but I want to wait until all of those on top get close to ripening before I take them off and do it.

1 - 1y3Dqiu.jpg

Here's some beefsteak
2 - 5fbnrZl.jpg

D

Deleted member 60

Shit is goin' off here. We are quite a bit behind most of the rest of you because of the elevation here.....but we eventaully get there. Getting green beans em masse'...strawberries (2nd flush)...onions are all hardball size (200 or so)....tomatoes are just blushing....but there are hundreds of them (80 plants! 50 San Marzano/Amos Coli sauce tomatoes...30 slicers/heirlooms like Krims/Cherokee Purples/etc... ) 4 x 4 bed of carrots just packed full (200) Shitloads of beets. Best garden I've ever grown. Jungle kinda shit pushed along by the early rains. I'm also using chem ferts and all of the tomatoes are in a perlite heavy mix so i'm treating them like Hempy's/watering/light ferting em daily. They are lovin it.... I used just about every dope growin' pot i had on hand from the last 10 years...including the ancient "Dutch Buckets". Funny to see some of the tags on the sides of the cans from the past. :D

DSC_3480.JPG

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Yeah, my garden has been producing a ton this year. We got a ton of cukes, but we just pulled those plants and started some quicker finishing cucumbers in their place. Also just planted more carrots and beets. Also have new cabbage plants that sprouted from the root remnants that were left from the ones I harvested. We’ve been eating a ton of squash, eggplant, and tomatoes lately.
AD46FA3B-FF51-4E3C-8DEF-E0FBD1FA16EC.jpeg

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Anyone else having these bastards munching on your tomatoes this year? Hadta google it but they are hornworms..?20210823_032140.jpg
Got 1 big tomatoe plant this yr but these guys sure love them leaves. Never had this big of a issue any other yr.
Just curious if u guys had these critters in ur areas
Thx

Streetpro09

Tester
Anyone else having these bastards munching on your tomatoes this year? Hadta google it but they are hornworms..?View attachment 98091
Got 1 big tomatoe plant this yr but these guys sure love them leaves. Never had this big of a issue any other yr.
Thx
I remember those as a kid, picking tomatoes. Well the dead/rotten ones to throw. They used to get so big and give me the creeps cause it wasn't until you almost grabbed one did you see it. They blend in so well. I'll have to ask my old man if he's having problems with them this year.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Anyone else having these bastards munching on your tomatoes this year? Hadta google it but they are hornworms..?View attachment 98091
Thx
Just had one come in on the girls I harvested yesterday, hornworms were on my cherry tree leaves the girls were under the trees the girls I cut were autos so I also think they finished before the other enemy the dreaded bud moth worms could do their damage only lost two small buds... Funny thing is my old gorilla site never has them it's less than 20 miles away but they seem plentiful around my garden, but my gorilla site was burned over a couple weeks ago 😡 First fire loss in 40+ years sucks but it is what it is.....it has been one of those years lol

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
That's a horn-worm. I went on a weekend vacation one year and came back to about 6 of them a foot long and the same number of naked plants. Every leaf gone.

I had three earlier this year, got them off and never saw any more. Best defense for those is a bird feeder and a bird bath. If you can attract the right birds they love those fuckers.

BrokenHoeFarms

Stress Tester
Thx
Yes sir
they glow under UV at night
Mash them assholes

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
I remember those as a kid, picking tomatoes. Well the dead/rotten ones to throw. They used to get so big and give me the creeps cause it wasn't until you almost grabbed one did you see it. They blend in so well. I'll have to ask my old man if he's having problems with them this year.
Ya u sound like u was a little shit disturbing kid like myself. Me n my brother wood do same thing with those tomatoes.. If u could launch a half rotten 1 and hit ur target, it was epic on explosion of nastyness.. Lol good times..
And ya same reaction here, went to grab a branch and that fuckr was blended perfectly..
Thx✌

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Just had one come in on the girls I harvested yesterday, hornworms were on my cherry tree leaves the girls were under the trees the girls I cut were autos so I also think they finished before the other enemy the dreaded bud moth worms could do their damage only lost two small buds... Funny thing is my old gorilla site never has them it's less than 20 miles away but they seem plentiful around my garden, but my gorilla site was burned over a couple weeks ago 😡 First fire loss in 40+ years sucks but it is what it is.....it has been one of those years lol
Ya i seen ur pics of those autos, they lookd alot better than any auto i tried growing back when i first started growing yrs ago. Never tried them since..

Ive never had bud moth worms on any ganja plants luckily.. Sound nasty.

Sorry to hear the loss u had at ur guerilla site.. Thats one thing i never worry bout here in midwest luckily.
But if anything, after land gets burned like that it usually makes everything twice as lush the next yr... Hopefully the same is true next yr at that spot for u bro..✌

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
That's a horn-worm. I went on a weekend vacation one year and came back to about 6 of them a foot long and the same number of naked plants. Every leaf gone.

I had three earlier this year, got them off and never saw any more. Best defense for those is a bird feeder and a bird bath. If you can attract the right birds they love those fuckers.
i believe that.. Them guys can eat now.. I hunt em down daily so the damage isnt horrible, so far..

Good idea with bird feeder next to plant.. 🤔
Thx ✌