2021 Mystery Pack Competition

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Friday update. Everything is getting plump,
IMG_8710.JPG
but there are 2 of 4 That One and 1 of 4 This One that have a very leafy, not-plump top. Last plants I grew that had that defined of a poor leaf-to-calyx ratio was Royal Kush or Pine Tar Kush. Might just be because the bud-petals are Yuuuuge on those.
IMG_8709.JPG

Mr. Greenz

Sadly gentlemen I am out, I recently discovered my recent infestation of thrips was worse than I thought and they spread to every grow area I have, so now I am fighting a nonstop battle with these little shits.

I would give up and start over with new seeds, but honestly, at this point, I have too much invested in some cuts that I have acquired throughout the years and seeds I've popped that can't be replaced so I will be MIA until I get this shit under control.

Any suggestions would help and be appreciated!

@J.James I am not giving up on these beans, just the competition since I know there is some fire waiting to be unleashed and I will do my best to post some updates WHEN I flower them. 😅 ✌

Thanks again everyone and I hope everyone gets some keepers from this competition, judging by the stem rubs, I know I did ;)

Until next time,

Mr.Greenz

P.S. I wrote this for the hating mofos that would think I would take seeds and run, I take pride in growing and showing my plants, so please understand and sometimes you let your guard down and shit like this happens, everything is a learning experience, alright that's it, peace! ✌ :cool:

Kushash

Insanely Active Member
Sadly gentlemen I am out, I recently discovered my recent infestation of thrips was worse than I thought and they spread to every grow area I have, so now I am fighting a nonstop battle with these little shits.

I would give up and start over with new seeds, but honestly, at this point, I have too much invested in some cuts that I have acquired throughout the years and seeds I've popped that can't be replaced so I will be MIA until I get this shit under control.

@J.James I am not giving up on these beans, just the competition since I know there is some fire waiting to be unleashed and I will do my best to post some updates WHEN I flower them. 😅 ✌

Thanks again everyone and I hope everyone gets some keepers from this competition, judging by the stem rubs, I know I did ;)

Until next time,

Mr.Greenz

P.S. I wrote this for the hating mofos that would think I would take seeds and run, I take pride in growing and showing my plants, so please understand and sometimes you let your guard down and shit like this happens, everything is a learning experience, alright that's it, peace! ✌ :cool:
That sucks! This is more of a sharing of my experience than a suggestion because there is always someone that won't agree with using neem oil. I won the battle against them in mid veg using neem oil. Some growers don't like covering their leaves with the oil.
The plants were about 18" tall. I diluted concentrated neem oil with water and used a 1 gallon pump sprayer. I took the plants into my garage and covered every leaf on top and underneath and let them dry before taking them back. I think I treated them 2 or 3 times every 4 days and I guess I was lucky and got rid of them that time. In my case I didn't feel the neem caused a problem after the treatment was over, it could be that I had it diluted enough to cause less of an oil build up IDK.
Good Luck!

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin

Until next time,

Mr.Greenz

Sorry to hear about the thrips. Shit happens and I think everyone understands.

printer

Super Active Member

Until next time,

Mr.Greenz

I had them also. I cut down everything but three small clones that I am inspecting each day using a loupe to look at every leaf. Will dunk them with chemicals if need be. Otherwise I will start again from seeds once I get everything cleaned out again.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Friday update. Everything is getting plump,
View attachment 108493
but there are 2 of 4 That One and 1 of 4 This One that have a very leafy, not-plump top. Last plants I grew that had that defined of a poor leaf-to-calyx ratio was Royal Kush or Pine Tar Kush. Might just be because the bud-petals are Yuuuuge on those.
View attachment 108492
Yours seem really leafy compared to mine. I wonder I'd there is some type of environment thing going on. Like notice how close the leaves are stacked in the buds. This would be something to look into, always thought it was genetic but it may be something else

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Yours seem really leafy compared to mine. I wonder I'd there is some type of environment thing going on. Like notice how close the leaves are stacked in the buds. This would be something to look into, always thought it was genetic but it may be something else
This could be the thing where organic ends up producing a little less. I am not juicing them with any plumping agents or other PK boost. They are getting whatever is in the soil and seem happy about it, but they may never hit the massive yield mark.

Last edited:
End of the week update and Brisco County Line(MR) is pretty much ready for the chop on day 59 of flower. I'm going to let her ripen a bit though because Harlet still has some finishing up to do so why not. Harlet 2(FL) is now on day 57 of flower and her fade colors are taking hold and she starting to look SAF! I really dig fast and frosty plants and J.James sure seems to have more than a couple of that variety. Lemon Slush X Baboon Wine(BL) is finally stopping to throw white hairs and starting to swell a bit on day 66 of flower and she smells of sour candy and is absolutely mouth watering.
H2-D57 BCL-D59 LSBW-D66.JPG
H2-D57 BCL-D59 LSBW-D66 B.JPG
H2-D57 BCL-D59 LSBW-D66 C.JPG
H2-D57 BCL-D59 LSBW-D66 D.JPG
H2-D57 BCL-D59 LSBW-D66 BCL Top.JPGH2-D57 BCL-D59 LSBW-D66.JPGH2-D57 BCL-D59 LSBW-D66 B.JPGH2-D57 BCL-D59 LSBW-D66 C.JPGH2-D57 BCL-D59 LSBW-D66 D.JPGH2-D57 BCL-D59 LSBW-D66 BCL Top.JPG

Last edited:

awcoste

Really Active Member
Here are this week pictures of the 5 remaining competition plantscomp plants pic #10.jpgHarlets pic 10.jpg. They stayed kind of short throughout the first 21 days since flip to 12/12. I ended up defoliating a bit and tying them back some. They are extremely leafy in my grow as well, kind of like what HAF was mentioning. Second picture is of the Harlets doing their thing.