2021 Mystery Pack Competition

GrowsomethingBill

Dirt Track Maniac 🏆 🏁
Buzzes are all pretty much the same here (hash buzz...I don't smoke flower much anymore). It's all about the terps/taste here. GSC is interesting but kinda lacking/homogenous here. Definitely hard nuggage though....what there is of it.
im with you. All about the taste n terps for me. 90% of my daily smoke is concentrate of some sort. If I’m smoking flower it better be tasty and terpy. Need to look great too. I know I know can’t judge a book by it’s cover but I’m just picky.

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
I can't really speak to yield. I flip quick and did zero pruning on it just to see what happened. It's more dank than I expected and the nugs are hard as rocks but sticky. I never base an opinion on one session or day with the strain. After a month I'll try and categorize it based on the buzz. Face punch, daytime smoke, "meh, maybe the hash will be good", whatever. But I look for those that have something unique. If it fits into the potential fire side of things I'll spend a day with it and see what happens. Stuff with a reputation that falls below the line might just not be my thing, but those won't make the hash pile until I check the longer cure. Especially the sativa leaners.
what do you do with the sativa leaners ?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
what do you do with the sativa leaners ?
I just mean that some of them really benefit from a longer cure. And mainly I mean if it flowered a long time. I have had a few 11-13 week plants that were just good acceptable smoke at a month, but since I wasn't impressed they were forgotten for a bit and later they got exponentially better. And that's the buzz, nothing else. I haven't had a short-flowering plant do that.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Everything is so crossed up today that figuring actual Indica/Sativa is probably just an educated guess unless you are dealing with a landrace. And even those are suspect. Like hash-plants from Morocco after the Europeans brought seeds and paid them to grow other strains that grew quicker or produced better - which must have got into at least some of the landrace genetics since they weren't doing closet grows or light-dep in a green house or something. I think several of the traditional landrace regions have similar stories regarding either political or financial conquest fucking things up.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I just mean that some of them really benefit from a longer cure. And mainly I mean if it flowered a long time. I have had a few 11-13 week plants that were just good acceptable smoke at a month, but since I wasn't impressed they were forgotten for a bit and later they got exponentially better. And that's the buzz, nothing else. I haven't had a short-flowering plant do that.
I have to agree I grew some pure sativa freebies that went 15 weeks before I found they were never going to have cloudy trichomes or stop sending a few white hairs, the initial "it's dry let's try it" I coughed a lung up it was a little better after 4 week cure then I got busy and 13 months later I remembered it and it was so much better I couldn't believe it was the same weed...

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
was just wondering how well more cure would work on sativa dom. autos? time will tell .sound bad for auto jar time.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
was just wondering how well more cure would work on sativa dom. autos? time will tell .sound bad for auto jar time.
It's nothing scientific. An example was the Angel Heart from Mr. Nice. 12 week flower, could have maybe gone longer, and the one month was tasty but low potency/low effect. After 6 months it was better on the buzz and the flavor was still there.

Midnitrtoker

2021 Mystery Pack Rules

1: ANY SIZE POT
2: ANY LIGHT SOURCE
3: PROVIDED SEEDS ONLY
4.YOU MUST POST AT LEAST ONE PIC PER WEEK
5. START DATE IS ( DEC 1st)
6. PLANTS MUST BE NUMBERED AND HAVE PLAYER NAME ON THE POT
7. ONLY MEMBERS THAT ENTER CAN VOTE FOR WINNERS

Start Date - TBD (DEC 1st)
Finish Date - TBD

This competition will have a small signup Fee to cover the cost of your seed pack and shipping

1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes
I’m all in