Led: Spider Farmer SF-2000
Pots: 2 x XL AutoPots with airdromes
Growmedium: Coco Perlite 50/50
Organic cultivation

Grow Techniques: Dr. Coco's Cannabis Mainline Training Tutorial

GOAL: 16 BIG FAT COLAS in 8-9 weeks with 2 tiny plants

End of week 4:
View attachment 108144
Definitely gonna have some colas but I think you can do better with a 7 node top and throw a net in there, faster training, no stress and a fuller tent.

Definitely gonna have some colas but I think you can do better with a 7 node top and throw a net in there, faster training, no stress and a fuller tent.
Thanks, I will do it definitely faster and bigger next run. 8 structure mainline in 6 weeks veg (hopefully) with 3 plants (24 colas) with a height of 20 inches. I like playing Bonsai master 😉

Last edited:

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
I've used pvc but didn't like the way it bends so switched to 1x1 wood and just put nails to stretch the net into. Drilled holes in the corners to put the pipes in so it made the scrog able to move up . I never flipped till the screen was about 80 percent to get the stretch above the net as those colas build all the bud sites and that's what you want above the screen.

larf

I've used pvc but didn't like the way it bends so switched to 1x1 wood and just put nails to stretch the net into. Drilled holes in the corners to put the pipes in so it made the scrog able to move up . I never flipped till the screen was about 80 percent to get the stretch above the net as those colas build all the bud sites and that's what you want above the screen.
I like about hanging them because I'm able to adjust the height or hold it at an angle while I move the plants in from my veg room. Mine has pretty good tension so it doesn't bend much, but I wish they were a little heavier because the plants will lift and move them around sometimes. I could add some weights, but it's usually not that big of a deal. They only get bad if the plants were overgrown before I moved them in.

This was a pheno hunt run with half being reg seeds, so I didn't have my normal plant count and the canopy ended up goofy. I had 3 out of 4 plants turn out to be males in one of the squares. So I compensated by tucking them past their stretch and not getting a whole lot of stacking above the net.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
I like about hanging them because I'm able to adjust the height or hold it at an angle while I move the plants in from my veg room. Mine has pretty good tension so it doesn't bend much, but I wish they were a little heavier because the plants will lift and move them around sometimes. I could add some weights, but it's usually not that big of a deal. They only get bad if the plants were overgrown before I moved them in.

This was a pheno hunt run with half being reg seeds, so I didn't have my normal plant count and the canopy ended up goofy. I had 3 out of 4 plants turn out to be males in one of the squares. So I compensated by tucking them past their stretch and not getting a whole lot of stacking above the net.
I'm surprised people run full size plants from seed. Back when I was running bud and reg seeds I would always run the plants in 1 gallon pots in small spaces long enough to sex them , toss the males and take clones off the females and trash the moms. This would always give me a full area of females that I never had to wait on. You can fit about 40 plants on a 4x4 in 1 gallon.
Dude up there talking about 16 colas for fuk sakes wanna see a packed ass tent put floraflex on 40 1 gallon pots and 40 clones. Flip em at 2 weeks veg or about the fourth node and you'll see a full ass tent corner to corner. How I use to roll , was pretty cool and fun but I got tired of taking so many cuts.

larf

I'm surprised people run full size plants from seed. Back when I was running bud and reg seeds I would always run the plants in 1 gallon pots in small spaces long enough to sex them , toss the males and take clones off the females and trash the moms. This would always give me a full area of females that I never had to wait on. You can fit about 40 plants on a 4x4 in 1 gallon.
Dude up there talking about 16 colas for fuk sakes wanna see a packed ass tent put floraflex on 40 1 gallon pots and 40 clones. Flip em at 2 weeks veg or about the fourth node and you'll see a full ass tent corner to corner. How I use to roll , was pretty cool and fun but I got tired of taking so many cuts.
I've wanted to try the clone sexing technique, but I just don't have much room to setup a lightproof spot. Usually I have plenty of time to fill the canopy once I pull the males, but I went a little nuts pruning side branches this time. I wanted to see if the colas were nicer if I reduced the overall bud sites. And I don't think it does. Ha.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
I've wanted to try the clone sexing technique, but I just don't have much room to setup a lightproof spot. Usually I have plenty of time to fill the canopy once I pull the males, but I went a little nuts pruning side branches this time. I wanted to see if the colas were nicer if I reduced the overall bud sites. And I don't think it does. Ha.
Yeah it's hard to sex clones cause they don't do shit while waiting on roots. No need to close em off cause they will show sex on there own. Keep the 1 gallons tight and cut off some side branches. They usually show sex around the 3rd week anyway. Just cut the tops off rhe females and clone them , than toss the moms.

larf

Yeah it's hard to sex clones cause they don't do shit while waiting on roots. No need to close em off cause they will show sex on there own. Keep the 1 gallons tight and cut off some side branches. They usually show sex around the 3rd week anyway. Just cut the tops off rhe females and clone them , than toss the moms.
I'm a little confused. Are you saying start the seeds on a 12/12 and clone them before the sexing, then keep the clones as the plants to run? Or are you saying don't flip them to flower and just keep them constricted to force them to show their sex?

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
I'm a little confused. Are you saying start the seeds on a 12/12 and clone them before the sexing, then keep the clones as the plants to run? Or are you saying don't flip them to flower and just keep them constricted to force them to show their sex?
Yeah just keep them on 18/6 and trim the side branches to keep them tight , wait on sex and cut the tops to use for the clones. Guaranteed females and don't take up no space hardly.