The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I moved the Chemdog 9-weeker in here to finish, and I think keeping the shelves over the floor fans is easiest even if I don't have a plant on them.
IMG_9683.JPG
I took a few macro and the milk on the older stuff is the reason the % is probably high
IMG_9689.JPG
The three Dirty Daxi and the three Chemdog clones. The Pepper plant moved in here, I don't think they like 18hrs of light.
IMG_9685.JPG
And the other stuff
IMG_9686.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have 12 more 4th Gear and 18 more Grapefruit. If the germ rate is fine we move on, If it's 50/50 I have decisions to make on what to do with the rest. Use it or lose it type thing. If it's bad I drop all the rest, no decision needed.

The Homecoming Quees was in a sealed back, there's a dozen of those left and another pack. They can wait whatever happens.

I hit each with a squirt from a h2o2 spray bottle ans swirled it a bit, then filled the cups with water. If the germ rate is poor I'll hit the next batch with sandpaper.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Notes - I think the top clones are a waste of time.

If I am cloning it and it ends up female I'll be able to make more.

4 tops is a good plant to try the weed.

When I had 3 Dirty Taxi beanpole plants with no limbs to clone, topping them made the limbs grow - duh.

I need one good set of limbs to clone, then 2 sets of limbs to flower out - 3 good nodes is the minimum, not counting the coty, seed-leaf, and usually not the 3-blade node. If those 3-blade nodes pop good limbs they are grear to clone though because they stay tiny. They're the ones on the plant that wouldn't have gotten tall anyway.

Since I have gotten a lot of the beanpole plants that I couldn't clone easy, setting that definitive mark where to top the plant is something I can use, or adjust from.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
that's the last about the wrens I think. After seeing one baby out with both parents hovering around I decided to look to see if they were all gone - nope, but it hopped out while I was in there
IMG_9702.JPG
I had to help it find it's way out of the screened area.
IMG_9703.JPG
I wish I kept a timeline but that seemed quick. I wonder if they go for another hatching or even stay in the area.

Last edited:

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Notes - I think the top clones are a waste of time.

If I am cloning it and it ends up female I'll be able to make more.

4 tops is a good plant to try the weed.

When I had 3 Dirty Taxi beanpole plants with no limbs to clone, topping them made the limbs grow - duh.

I need one good set of limbs to clone, then 2 sets of limbs to flower out - 3 good nodes is the minimum, not counting the coty, seed-leaf, and usually not the 3-blade node. If those 3-blade nodes pop good limbs they are grear to clone though because they stay tiny. They're the ones on the plant that wouldn't have gotten tall anyway.

Since I have gotten a lot of the beanpole plants that I couldn't clone easy, setting that definitive mark where to top the plant is something I can use, or adjust from.
thanks @H.A.F.good tip on the bean pole plants!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
On these unknown plants that i think I should keep a clone of just in case I think taking a flower clone is best. If they don't root it wasn't meant to be. So these Hollyweed crosses will flip sooner than I originally planned. The two fems will wait. Rooted clones on the right that mostyl look like shit but they're alive. three Dominion G on the left and the current Chemdog mom.
IMG_9735.JPG
Chemdog and Dirty Taxi
IMG_9732.JPG
Assorted others
IMG_9733.JPG
the trinity and CLHP crosses and the Chemdog seedmom. She hits 10 weeks tomorrow, and won't make it to the full moon on the 23rd but might see 11 weeks.
IMG_9736.JPG
Lots of milk and the last gasp of pistils is just sprouting. This is the time for late nanners.
IMG_9737.JPG
And look, she's eating herself! well, maybe a nibble. I think this was against the wall LOL
IMG_9740.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
IMG_9746.JPG
I have seen this one twice. It's about a 4ft king snake. Yesterday I had to stop mowing because I almost hit another king snake. They looked like twins except the one yesterday had the markings in a dark brown and it was very muted. Looked black from a distance.

I herd them all towards the woods if they look like they are heading for the road. When I turned this one around it rattled it's tail at me - it was so cute 😂 I have the 7-8ft black rat snake and these two at a minimum. I am hoping that the two kings I saw were male and female doing their spring thing. I' be more excited about a nest of these than baby birds LOL

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
View attachment 137295
I have seen this one twice. It's about a 4ft king snake. Yesterday I had to stop mowing because I almost hit another king snake. They looked like twins except the one yesterday had the markings in a dark brown and it was very muted. Looked black from a distance.

I herd them all towards the woods if they look like they are heading for the road. When I turned this one around it rattled it's tail at me - it was so cute 😂 I have the 7-8ft black rat snake and these two at a minimum. I am hoping that the two kings I saw were male and female doing their spring thing. I' be more excited about a nest of these than baby birds LOL
they will help a lot with varmit controll,keep em around,that nest will be harder to find than the birds!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I took another two lower limbs off the Chemdog seed plant at 10 weeks, just to get a little to smoke dry earlier. I am considering the seed plant a one-off. The clones will tell me how long she is gonna take from now on. This one neededd water, but the two lower clones I took rooted in 10 days, I have 2 in cups and they look well. I'm gonna get this one ino a 7g pot and flipped soon. Eventually I'll be composting moms but I don't have extra jars - yet. I got one of the Dominion G into a cup, and the Dirty Taxi 2 top-clone is rooted, cupped, and undomed. I'll have at least one DT clone regardless of how everything else does. The full dome has the other two tops that I pruned away the dead stuff. They'll be for getting a few clones (or not) or compost when the lower clones take. The dome you can't see anything in is two more Dominion G that are slow as shit.
IMG_9753.JPG

The lower clones were at 10 days and one had a root showing. I picked off all the oasis cubes because I hate how they make that wierd moisture/dry zone right at the base of the plant. They hold the right moisture to get things started though. So these may all root well or I may just get a few, but I only need a 1 and a 3 from this batch.
IMG_9752.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I got a 0% germ rate for those old seeds. The few that had tails were mush inside. I need to think about that one and I'll be getting something wet as a replacement.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I got offf my ass finally and got 30 tomato plants in the ground. I have a few replacements ready that were duplicates but now it's pepper time. I get to dig those out and see what survived the hail storm. I lost a few tomatos but none were varieties I was crying about. A few of the peppers got beheaded but they'll keep going from that. But now they don't get prime spots in the garden. The best spots go to the bell peppers and the mild spicy peppers like poblano and such. One good jalapeno plant will get me all those I need for a year, same with all the other hot peppers.

I bought a case of fuel for my dab torch and a pack of brown paper bags last year and it worked great blasting the skin off the poblano beffore freezing them. The skins on a lot of the peppers are what make them suck canned or frozen because they can get like wax paper once you use them.

But I only have room for a dozen or so peppers around the tomato garden. Therest are gonna get stuck in the new garden fence either in the ground or in pots. Once I start that area I have 2 irrigation spots. It's mainly gonna be for the 3-sisters mounds and peas and beans along the fences, some patches of corn and okra, but since I have to water those, having pots of peppers I can shuffle around wouldn't be a big deal.

After peppers tomorrow I drag the broadfork over there and get started. I can tell better what can go in the groud without tilling. The mounds are gonna be loosened soil underneath, but the amended soil I made just piled on top of that. No major back work

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
that cleared the paper bag ?up in a hurry!
I love fresh peppers, but in reality frozen is just as good for most stuff. Frozen fresh out of the garden that is - not Birdseye. If you are slow-cooking a pot of chili or spaghetti you can't tell the difference. And unlike a lot of veggies, peppers aren't the same once you can them. Whether they're pickled, brined, in oil, whatever - they always taste different.

Bud if you toss fresh frozen peppers pot to simmer in something you get those little toothpick shaped rolls of pepper skin that doesn't seem to happen when they're fresh. Toasting them right before freezing also carmelized some of those sugars. I just used the last of last years bell peppers that I torched then de-seeded and froze in little cups like you'd use for stuffed peppers. I made stuffed peppers ;) but you can pull out a frozen bell-shell and smask it with a skillet and there's no chopping needed. They shatter into a nice "rough chop" LOL.