The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The verdict I think is that I'll let the mini-tent 1g's that are gonna get cloned veg until I can and flip randomly as they're ready. If I am gonna do the clone thing I need to make sure they get cloned and the lowers are all that's worked for me at 100%.

Having decided against the flower clones already I think I may have to shift to bigger pots for both the initial up-pot and go from 5 to 7g as a standard for flower just so I can let them veg the extra week or two. That means fewer plants per tent or maybe getting a slightly larger tent for one of the flower tents but keeping the same equipment. :unsure:

I can fit nine 5g in the 42" x 42" tents I have. but only six 7g with lots of extra space in the corners. Having a true 4'x4' instead of my super-sized '3x3' might be the cheapest fix then I can have a larger clone tent... and a spare 3'x3' for the spare light...

Fuck me

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
this i have to keep in the tool box if it works right!
I had two further thoughts on this.

1. all the recipes are dealing with Bugler, or unrolling Marlboro's. Corporate tobacco.
- never sure what extra crap is in there
- dry is the only option for using it.
2. Using fresh natural tobacco green and fermented might be the best way instead of drying it and then doing the marlboro method.

I'll do both

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Smaller plants has meant smaller harvests. I bucked the first Morning Brew and got 37g. That's a great amount to try and get a good feel for the strain/pheno but it's not a stash. On the plants that I do in the 7g instead of 5g I'll get more smoke from each plant even if I don't veg longer.

I have too many new beans to drop so there's no telling what will get wet this new moon. Other than my OCD wanting to have the whole collection there are probebly some 707 mom's I won't want to keep. I know I will for the expensive packs but not necessarily all the Kush Cleaner crosses. If I do the next drop with stuff in that category, with just one or two I know I want to keep then it gets manageable. That also reduces the number of 7g pots I need, because I'm down to one or two empty's.

I just ordered a new 4x4. That should be a trip getting it set up with basically no room to set it up. I have to set it up in the room because it won't fit through the door. I see plants getting shoved everywhere so I can take down old tent, then worrying about the new one. Plus there's a damn ceiling fan in the room LOL. That means a long night for a stoner.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I culled one Dogma dude and likely have another, but one Lemon Tree is already a girl. Tonight was a good watering, tomorrow is re-potting and cloning stuff. Hopefully a few more show but for now I realized that I can fit all 6 in the flower tent AND I'll still have room for the pots if all are girls. I might have to rearrange and spread the flowering trees between the tents so there's room for the others but I know I can fit 9 in here if it's sorted right.
IMG_5192.JPG
Plus there's room for one or three in here - it's like a puzzle, so the rolling caddy things are a godsend.
IMG_5187.JPG
So the mini tent is empty and ready for something to drop on the 19th. Which is when these would be scheduled to flip, and most will is looks like.
This is a better veg light so I brought the Catpiss and the mutant DC back in from the clone tent. They may go back when these flip. But these are what determines what I can drop next. There's 3 fems, plus 5 other regs that can be girls. When they are cloned and flipped and the regs sexed I'll only be harvesting the Hermberry, the T-star and the Orange Gasm - maybe... The Ducks are throwing the wrench in the rotation and I probably shouldn't have kept all 4. Oh well LOL
IMG_5193.JPG

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Smaller plants has meant smaller harvests. I bucked the first Morning Brew and got 37g. That's a great amount to try and get a good feel for the strain/pheno but it's not a stash. On the plants that I do in the 7g instead of 5g I'll get more smoke from each plant even if I don't veg longer.

I have too many new beans to drop so there's no telling what will get wet this new moon. Other than my OCD wanting to have the whole collection there are probebly some 707 mom's I won't want to keep. I know I will for the expensive packs but not necessarily all the Kush Cleaner crosses. If I do the next drop with stuff in that category, with just one or two I know I want to keep then it gets manageable. That also reduces the number of 7g pots I need, because I'm down to one or two empty's.

I just ordered a new 4x4. That should be a trip getting it set up with basically no room to set it up. I have to set it up in the room because it won't fit through the door. I see plants getting shoved everywhere so I can take down old tent, then worrying about the new one. Plus there's a damn ceiling fan in the room LOL. That means a long night for a stoner.
sounds like a buddy of mine, living in a mobile home ,tent too dam big pissed enough too trade it off brand new!

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
I had two further thoughts on this.

1. all the recipes are dealing with Bugler, or unrolling Marlboro's. Corporate tobacco.
- never sure what extra crap is in there
- dry is the only option for using it.
2. Using fresh natural tobacco green and fermented might be the best way instead of drying it and then doing the marlboro method.

I'll do both
I've seen a couple recipes that called for beechnut or redman (maybe because it's more moist?)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I've seen a couple recipes that called for beechnut or redman (maybe because it's more moist?)
I am betting it was out of necessity/what was on hand. Wet or dry it's still nothing you could really ferment with either KNF or JADAM practices. It's already cured, and whatever else they do to it to keep it juicy (eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww:sick:)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This changes and solidifies the next drop - mostly.
The Chem91 obviously gets wet, gets a big pot, mom cuts - the works.
The Big Bad Wolf is the next sure thing. Probably what I would have bought over the ChemD S1's if I made another order.
I can hold off on the 707 Chemdawg crosses and run a few fruity ones. The 707 OG Kush wins out over anything named Obama LOL
707 Fruit Jam is the Betsy x Kush Cleaner. Betsy is a $200 pack, Fruit Jam $50. If I like this I can go back and drop bank on the mom
707 Bay Breeze and Dragon Heart are the Zkittles and Candyland crosses respectively and have the sweet covered.
And last will be one of the Potcast dudes Chromatic that may orr may not be fems.
Seeds get wet on the 19th with the new moon.
IMG_5206.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have a few breeders like Duke Diamond I am waiting to see what drops and when, and there are a few 707 packs I may get eventually just to see, but the Chem91 was the lid on the basket. I have all the beans I want now. With the mom hunt now in effect I need to start weeding through the bank.

Just got my Irene and Cherrywest clones in pots and I'm taking a few cuts from the T-star. That's 3 for 3 on the expensive packs getting a mom in the corral. But the ones in the dome aren't putting out roots in the new version oasis horticubes. They feel a little denser, more like the green floral foam grandma had the fake flowers stuck in.

For my T-star cuts I'm taking the top off both plants and I'll do one in a new cube and one in an old one. If those don't take I go back to square one and try a new technique/medium - something sustainable like putting them in soil...

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I have a few breeders like Duke Diamond I am waiting to see what drops and when, and there are a few 707 packs I may get eventually just to see, but the Chem91 was the lid on the basket. I have all the beans I want now. With the mom hunt now in effect I need to start weeding through the bank.

Just got my Irene and Cherrywest clones in pots and I'm taking a few cuts from the T-star. That's 3 for 3 on the expensive packs getting a mom in the corral. But the ones in the dome aren't putting out roots in the new version oasis horticubes. They feel a little denser, more like the green floral foam grandma had the fake flowers stuck in.

For my T-star cuts I'm taking the top off both plants and I'll do one in a new cube and one in an old one. If those don't take I go back to square one and try a new technique/medium - something sustainable like putting them in soil...
i do know that the jiffy net peat pods, bind roots till the plant will not grow ,cuts will not break thru the webing to set roots, solo cups for the win! stoner move on MY part @H.A.F. thanks for all the tips and tricks, thanks very much ! You have helped my grows a lot!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
All my rooting fears are probably a lack of time-sense. It seems like they've been there a long-ass time, but the moms are just showing so it hasn't been that long. I culled two boys and was able to check their progress and it was 50/50. The others in the dome are rooted with the tips just poking out of the cubes. The one on the right is a Lemon Tree, and was super short, and it didn't have a node in the right place to root.
IMG_5214.JPG
Bucked the second Morning Brew and both are winners. Sour/dankness, but there's a hint of something special I can't define yet. It's a wild smell I know from somewhere though.
IMG_5209.JPG
Only got an ounce from this one so everyone wondering where all the smoke goes, I have variety, not bulk.
only larf on the plant. Lower nugs on upper flowers. It's all chunky and dense.
IMG_5211.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
What a fucked up but productive night. I worked my ass off in the yard and ended up having an afternoon nap turning into several hours. I woke up and it was about 8pm. My lights go off at 7am on the flower tents. So I get up, clock says 8, I see lights on and I start freaking out trying to figure out why the timer is fucked. Did the power go out? :unsure: 🤷‍♂️ :rolleyes:

That whole AM/PM thing... Damn :cool: The light level outside was just perfect to be either :ROFLMAO:

Anywhoooo, it put me in a whole new mindset after I relaxed, well rested and with an adrenaline boost. I got the 5g pots ready for the four 1g flipped plants. With the 4 pots filled and the empty 1g pot and an insert I realized I had very little soil left. Up-potting flowers and veggies inside before they went out was a user, so I started looking at all the other inside stuff I had growing. Mostly seed starter soil so that wasn't it, and the clones that got up-potted were not really a factor. Then I had the Ducksfoot epiphany - 4 plants that will take 16wks, that I don't know if I even like, and three of them in 7g pots. I just killed my first healthy girls. They need the 7g, and I kept 2 to be safe since I'm not cloning them, but the 5k now has one of the fems in it and the 7g will get dumped and re-used in a 5g.
IMG_5215.JPG
I didn't up-pot The Cream. It hasn't shown any preflower and I had other plants that needed the soil.
IMG_5217.JPG
I had 3 fems in veg, neither to be cloned and getting flipped thursday anyway so the Cotton Candy Cookies and the Golden Goat are in here now and flipped. The Lemon Tree will be short for the duration so I went ahead and stuck her on the high chair. I like having that space for the fan to blow under it. The Hermberry is the only thing even close to harvest so again, the soil thing.
IMG_5218.JPG
I didn't flip the CLHP fem because I want a bigger plant, not a taste and a clone. The 6 regs will get vegged until they are cloned then flip shortly thereafter. The Catpiss off to the side is a non-entity. When it grows it grows. I just have to remember to pull it when I flip the closet again.
IMG_5219.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So the only thing I may drop is a Chem91 and maybe another fem or two that I know will be vegged until I can clone them. The Big Bad Wolf is another option, and the Chromatic from Heavy Dayze. Since I'm doing fems I might drop the Obamacare as a quick flip to see if I even like it. 4 beans... wow.

The fact that everything in flower now is quality stuff makes that easier.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
For my soil volume issue I picked up another cube of peat. All the soil in the pots needs new stuff added besides amendments or it gets all dense and heavy. The rice hulls from the mulch constantly getting mixed in helps but it's better to add fresh peat when it's getting amended to fluff it up a bit.

I have a tub of vermi-compost and castings, and two worm-bins that have 4 total trays to sift if needed. Making new soil with all the "new" parts is do-able, but I think mixing the new stuff with the established soil is probably best.

The cement mixer can also be used to mix up worm bedding. I have a tub of cardboard, coco, dried cannabis, assorted rock dusts (micronutrients), and some coffee grounds. It's just a little moist from the coco that was soaked to bust up, and that helps everything stick to the shredded cardboard.

I'm pretty high smoking on all the new, not cured stuff . The 707 Millionaire is the GG4 cross and is nice but non-descript for now. Smells kushy. The Cowboy Caviar has a perfumy chemical kush thing going on that is also nice. Both have a more pleasant smell than I expected. The Morning Brew both bring the dank. I still can't pin the smell on the flowers down, but working the dry-sift from both and it was pure Zattaran's crawfish and crab boil seasoning. The mesh sacks of spices. The flowers have a hint of that but I think the chlorophyl from the leaves played into that unique smell. To be honest they have a hint of "your own fart". Obviously, other peoples farts are nasty but this has the "what did I eat???" thing going on 🤷‍♂️ :ROFLMAO:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Since I wasn't culling the ducksfoot for being males and there's no chance of a pollen sack opening I stuc them in a big cup of water like I would basil or something. Might as well try it in cooking or something. I harvested some snow peas, and some Baker Creek greens called "Mizuna". Looks like a mini celery with stalks that go to reddish purple and tastes good for weeds. It has a single jagged leaf on top instead of "foliage" like celery has, so it has plenty of leaf for salad and not just mini celery stalks.

I have planted several 'salad' things outside to see what they do and get some seeds. I know it's gonna be too hot pretty soon so it'a all basically a labeled edible cover crop. The Mizuna is the only one that seems to keep growing veg and not wanting to bolt. It also had very little bug damage compared to many others. More like something took a bite and said "nah, lemme try that over there". So next year I know that this is a good investment for an all around cover crop and tasty meal that is pest resistant.

Lettuce does for shit against bugs and dies rapidly due to loss of foliage, cabbage and bok choy go straight to bolt and are making seeds. Now that I am paying attention and taking notes I have no worries about feeding myself in the future. Thinking of veggie protien I stuck one each of the bush bean varieties in a solo cup to see if any are productive inside. I have the "tom thumb" peas for indoor this winter, and top hat tomatoes. I'll be trying a few 'determinate' reguar size tomatoes inside, and I need a productive sweet pepper to cook with. Knowing the mizuna can add some celery-type veg to a soup or sauce is good to know in case the celery I try to grow does for shit.

Since I am done buying weed seeds for a bit I will be looking for good inside crops. Just having a fresh tomato to slice for a burger, or for taco topping is so amazing during the winter. Peppers and everything else you get from the store is fine I guess (but mine will be better), but tomatoes need you to grow them or they are maybe good for sauce.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The new 4x4 makes a lot of difference on the inside, but outside it's only 6" further from the wall than the previous one. The mini tent got new shoes instead of a card table. And it is self contained, roll it to any outlet. I am seriously thinking about setting up that "extra" 42" x 42" for the clones and use the current 3'x3' for my vegetable garden stuff. I am not digging the bare light from the ceiling thing. The closet and the new tent are facing each other. The laundry room is to the left of the closet outside the room, and I drilled through to light the closet from that outlet and a different breaker.
IMG_5227.JPG IMG_5225.JPG
I can't upgrade the other tent because of the nook it is jammed in. But now the closet is empty and off as is the mini tent. I can use the closet to be able to pull that tent out and clean everything.There are extension cords I don't need and too many lights and drivers than there needs to be. A can upgrade the lighting.
The space is cool
IMG_5230.JPGIMG_5231.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Been raining off and on, overcast and humid. Perfect for an evening stroll in the woods. I pick any muchrooms I can find and they go in the compost pile. Primo worm food, diversity, fungal dominance, yada yada yada... I'd just rather they be compost for me than the woods. When I see odd stuff I always look it up to see if it's edible, poisonous look-alikes, stuff like that. I have food:
IMG_5246.JPG
Crown-tipped coral mushrooms. They should have been picked early morning and whiter in color I am guessing, but there's not a toxic twin and the only downside to age is they get mushy. For now I scooped it and a handfull of castings that are my forest floor, and put them in thefuture raised bed. Compost or mycelium culture - let nature sort it out ;)
IMG_5247.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Updated the signature bloc with the latest drop. Aside from the obvious ones the Obama Care is the ChemD x Obama Kush, the Big Bad Wolf is the ChemD x Chem91, and the Chromatic is Dogjelly x Raspberry Mumma Queen from that aussie Potcast dude. I added the Columbian Gold and White Widow, both were gifted to me and I have no clue the provenance - but I am not holding my breath. The three CSI beans will hold down this drop - whatever else happens happens.