The James Gang

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I had another regular 15-18 reg-bean drop but with the fems in the most recent batch I need to re-think it. It's the first of the month so I'm dropping something... as soon as the closet is cleared I'll be dropping 10 beans. I have one Cement Shoes fem left from Cult Classic. It was a gift, but out of three i got a dud and a herm-fest so far. Really want it to work out. '09 Animal Cookies x OGKB x Wet Dream(Blue Dream x Williams Wonder F3)

I have two 5-packs of Step Child from Best Coast so one is getting wet - Rude Boi x ISE (InterSpecies Erotica?) - both are supposed to be potent.

And I have 9 Mojito from Swamp Boys so I'm saving a 5-pack for later and drop 4 - Limegerian x Orange Blossom Trail, which is a Skunk1 pheno.

I broke down and made a small bean purchase from DAGGA Gardens again. I have enough chem stuff in the seedbank for now until I need more Chemdog S1's so I am looking for the lemon/lime. I got the Lemon Cello which happens to be another Skunk1 pheno and they describe it as a "sweet skunk" so there's no confusion. That was a little pricey, but for 10 fems not bad.

I snagged a 15reg pack of Amy Aces because I'm tired of hearing about it on all those podcasts that The American One frequents. He's the podcast dude that sounds just like Vin Diesel.

And lastly I am trying out a breeder called "2-buck". all his packs are $50 for 25 beans. Fuckin' A. I snagged the Lemon Hashplant x 88G13 Hashplant. It just fit right in with what I was hunting for.
Amy aces, the mac v2 reg seed? Ill send ya a cut of the real mac1. Im having trouble loving mac1. Its too slow in veg and the results have bag appeal. Just not much quantity. She really performed outside for me with her quick flower times. But a cold wet sept would be trouble for any hard indica bud. Some just fair better than other under stress and foul weather. I literally had pm on 2 out of 20 plants. They took hold and wouldnt leave those 2 strains alone. I quenched that with neem oil. Nut still. Strains really do have there own set of immune systems. Some ardors susceptible to stuff than others. My gucci cut (WC x pp) is bulletproof. Out and in. Duck is had a whole tent herm. She was the only one that didnt wanna turn boy. She had seeds but they wete white and malnourished. The buds wouldnt let the seeds take over?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Amy aces, the mac v2 reg seed? Ill send ya a cut of the real mac1. Im having trouble loving mac1. Its too slow in veg and the results have bag appeal. Just not much quantity. She really performed outside for me with her quick flower times. But a cold wet sept would be trouble for any hard indica bud. Some just fair better than other under stress and foul weather. I literally had pm on 2 out of 20 plants. They took hold and wouldnt leave those 2 strains alone. I quenched that with neem oil. Nut still. Strains really do have there own set of immune systems. Some ardors susceptible to stuff than others. My gucci cut (WC x pp) is bulletproof. Out and in. Duck is had a whole tent herm. She was the only one that didnt wanna turn boy. She had seeds but they wete white and malnourished. The buds wouldnt let the seeds take over?
Must be two different things. And I was wrong, it's 20 instead of 15.

"Amy Aces is a superwoman and can save any failing garden…

Her vigor and strength support Andre the Giant fist sized buds when given proper conditions and lighting. Mostly rounded topped, not spears from most expressions, although more sativa like plant structure has been reported from many.

Her lineage is taken from a very special female cultivar which had been kept perpetuated for many years via cloning, it was cultivated from a “red” state bagseed of unknown lineage that was luckily found and saved from one of his buddies. Mom’s buds are dense and crystal coverage thick, her taste evolves during harvest and curing, from a new blue stickball or new tennis ball smell to a subtle hash flavor.

The father, a Cheesequake male(TGA Subcool)adds better structure overall and adds unique flavors. Her growth and structure seem to be effected largely by conditions, Sungrown examples show off her vigor and strength, under lights, her branches yield glistening dense nugs coated with resin glands.

The flavors vary from Amy a lot more than both parents, some have a hashy, old school taste, some a hint of vanilla, I’ve been told chocolate and coffee flavors have been realized as well. Fruit and gas, cantaloupe, UK Cheese and pinesol have been reported by cultivators of Amy as well.

Lineage: (RB)ProprietaryxCheesequake
Finishing time from flower onset: 8-10 weeks
Yield varies from environment, size of plant and conditions but I would say medium to heavy.

20 regular seeds per pack"

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
There are 5 that'll be here for a while.
IMG_1687.JPG
But I can even the tents out based on size once the older three are gone. I have a feeling these will have a variety of stretch. I took the 3-toed leaf on all, but only took the suckers that were tiny. If they were stretching for the top I left them.
IMG_1686.JPG
And the closet is back to veg. These hit 4-weeks on Sunday the 7th. For trees I think they'll be flippable.Four fems here plus the CBG fem that will get shoved wherever, or stuck back in slow veg. That'll fill the three empty spots in the one tent, (8 max) and the one spot in the other with the fems. Then there's the 5 regs. Unless they all pop male the closet will shift back to flower and stay there for a bit. This gives me a better visualization for planning the next drop - not happening for a while. Maybe it was this drop that gets me back to the rotation.
IMG_1688.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I used up all my re-ammended soil so I now have eight 5g pots from the recent harvests that need to be dumped and reammended. Volume-wise that means I have both tents full (7 and 8 pots) and a tent-full on standby. Counting the little pots in the closet and clone tent I am set on soil now.

The cups I am starting the beans in are only the 8oz and the cup-in-cup clear inner cup I use is split in half instead of having drain holes so it makes transplanting a no-stress snap. I have been putting about 1/4" of fine sifted pumice in the bottom and that seems to keep the roots busy and they don't get tangled and wrapped as bad. I add about an inch of worm castings in the bottom, then regular soil except for a shot-glass size plug in the middle for the seed starter. My next task is to make my own seed starter, which means popping bagseeds and I can do that whenever and keep myself busy.

I am also chancing that the worst of the heat/drought is passed so I am getting the last of the fall stuff planted outside. I had the last round of peppers and tomatoes I put in the ground a few days ago. I still have a few spares and one Shishito keeled over that I will replace. I think a chipmunk got the roots. I hinestly haven't had a problem with them as far as eating anything, except the roots of plants, and I think that's just ones that happen to be in between here and there, and they just fuck them up on the way through.

I have a roughly 10x10 area I need to till and level then plant row crops. Beets and beans and a few other things. Lima's seem to do really well in my soil, a few other don't so far. I think the heat/drought and me not even messing with a sprinkler might have something to do with it. I'm planting everything I have and see what I want to buy more of for next year- or just get beans from those to plant.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I show the fails too. I've been watching the yellow-death Piff closely and knew this would happen. I checked the other one close and nothing.
IMG_1697.JPG
More clear than I would like, but it's supposed to be racy I guess. Maybe that's why a lot of people don't like the haze/piff stuff is maybe it was harvested too early. It's about 50% milky and a few scattered ambers so not a total loss. 9 weeks and 5 days.

The red one is hanging on but I think for the living soil the longer flowering plants will need a larger pot. She's losing leaves as well, but she's also getting that powdered sugar look on the lowers.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Everyone got some recharge These are all looking like bean-pole plants except the two Blackbird plants. The Headlites and Puna Lites both have nice Christmas Tree structure. Lots of big leaves.
IMG_1707.JPG
Since I'm doing trees, I shifted the Savage Headband mutant and the Skunkwater runt into the more powerful veg. I took every fan leaf off the SWxP just to see what happens. I debated topping it but I think a decent top-cola might be it's only saving grace. Probably take random limbs from below to thin it out. I may hold back on flipping the four girls but the regs are flipping at a month and staying trees. Not even sure if the SWxP is a keeper.
IMG_1703.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have decisions to make. I have a few Chemdog and ChemD S1's left. The most recent Chemdog dropped nuts early and lost the lower limbs to be safe, then it started tossing nanners at the beginning of week 9 and got chopped today.

I was thinking about stocking up based on bean-count, but I am second guessing that. If this plant has the buzz I am looking for I don't care if it tosses manageable male parts at specific times, but it just doesn't look done.

But it is looking like this might bave to be the one mom I try to keep. I need to drop all I have and see if there's a keeper. Then decide if I want to try again if that doesn't work, or just hunt crosses. Damn sure be smoking on the CLHP more often. I know those beans work ;)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have a lot of hope for the HeadLites from Blackbird. It's (Chem '91 x NL1) x NL5 F3 so it should bring the funk. Hopefully it'll have the buzz. The Polecat is also a multi-chem cross from Dominion. “Chemdog91 x SSSC Skunk 1” x (“Chemdog91 x SSSC Skunk 1” x “Skelly Hashplant x SSSC Skunk 1”)

I have 5 ChemD and 5 Chem91 to drop, so I may lean towards emptying a pack and finding a keeper instead of growing it in a rotation as I run low.

Romeo Scragg

I have a lot of hope for the HeadLites from Blackbird. It's (Chem '91 x NL1) x NL5 F3 so it should bring the funk. Hopefully it'll have the buzz. The Polecat is also a multi-chem cross from Dominion. “Chemdog91 x SSSC Skunk 1” x (“Chemdog91 x SSSC Skunk 1” x “Skelly Hashplant x SSSC Skunk 1”)

I have 5 ChemD and 5 Chem91 to drop, so I may lean towards emptying a pack and finding a keeper instead of growing it in a rotation as I run low.
I was about to go for Blackbird's headlites when I discovered authentic genetics and went completely overboard on all of his NLs and crosses. I'll be sorting through them for the rest of my life. I have multiple packs of the chem S1s as well so.... Maybe one day I'll make my own headlites

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I was about to go for Blackbird's headlites when I discovered authentic genetics and went completely overboard on all of his NLs and crosses. I'll be sorting through them for the rest of my life. I have multiple packs of the chem S1s as well so.... Maybe one day I'll make my own headlites
One thing about those Dominion beans is that Duke Diamond paid big bucks for the legit Chem91 cut and the "rights" to breed with it. Basically a one-time payoff, but I thought it was pretty cool. It's already been proven that some people breeding with what they thought was Chemdog were mistaken because they were lied to.

Romeo Scragg

One thing about those Dominion beans is that Duke Diamond paid big bucks for the legit Chem91 cut and the "rights" to breed with it. Basically a one-time payoff, but I thought it was pretty cool. It's already been proven that some people breeding with what they thought was Chemdog were mistaken because they were lied to.
I've had zero luck finding anything from dominion in stock. Got my chem S1s from CSI

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I've had zero luck finding anything from dominion in stock. Got my chem S1s from CSI
I dropped two each after I got them and got all boys. My Chem91 and ChemD are from CSI as well. To be honest, Becky the customer service rep at seedsherenow pissed me off so they lost my business - but they were the easiest place to buy from.

I dropped a single Solfire fem bean from a 3-pack and got a male. Not a herm. This twat would not pass the message along or let me talk to anyone that actually grows - I figured the guy running the seedbank might want to know. She got nasty when I asked if she could copy her boss in the reply so I called her a subversive communist and they lost a shitload of business.

Romeo Scragg

I dropped two each after I got them and got all boys. My Chem91 and ChemD are from CSI as well. To be honest, Becky the customer service rep at seedsherenow pissed me off so they lost my business - but they were the easiest place to buy from.

I dropped a single Solfire fem bean from a 3-pack and got a male. Not a herm. This twat would not pass the message along or let me talk to anyone that actually grows - I figured the guy running the seedbank might want to know. She got nasty when I asked if she could copy her boss in the reply so I called her a subversive communist and they lost a shitload of business.
After listening to that guy on a couple of podcasts I decided SHN doesn't need my business. Breeders direct, Atlantic seed co and authentic have been getting all of my money lately. I just love the customer service and convenient payment from those venders.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
After listening to that guy on a couple of podcasts I decided SHN doesn't need my business. Breeders direct, Atlantic seed co and authentic have been getting all of my money lately. I just love the customer service and convenient payment from those venders.
Breeders - Dagga Garden

That's a link. They have good customer service and freebies out the ass. Peter is the guy behind the scenes that makes an appearance on the FCP podcasts and runs the bank. Last order I got 3 free packs of beans, rolling papers, slaps, a sample pack of that BIO-AG organic stuff, and some veggie seeds.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@Romeo Scragg - I was smoking on some Thunderhole tonight and thought about your Dominion comment. I'm thinking you had bad luck. This stuff is crazy good. AK Bean Brains gave him a cut of Matanuska ThunderFuck. He hit it with his A.S.S. Man male ((Airborne g13 X Skelly Skunk)) ;) get it?

He sent a fat sack of that cross back to AKBB and told him to do whatever with them. He paired them up with a pack of his Williams Wonder and did a fundraiser for when Duke got out of the pokey. I think it was $100 for two packs of beans and the one T-hole I grew out so far is stellar.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Day two from watering I check, but don't always add anything. Today they need nothing - which means I'll probably fuck around with them.
These are all looking large. All are stretching some but none are racing to beat the neighbor to the light.
IMG_1722.JPG
Tomorrow is flip day for these. 4 weeks and they look ready for the most part. I'll look at each one and see what it needs to lose, whether it's lower leaves or a top. If I have to hald a few back that's fine but it'll be the fems if anything. I'll flip the mutant or runty regs since I don't even know if they're keepers.
IMG_1723.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I ended up taking the 3-toed leaves off all the closet plants. Most were laying on the soil or near it and would have to go soon anyway. One thing I have started doing is weighing my little pots. It really keeps from overwatering the seedlings. I got a little flat-top kitchen scale cheap that goes up to 11lbs.

While I lifted the little pots and they seemed fine, weighing them told me different, and since it was day two in tiny pots there's no worries about overwatering. The easiest thing for me is to get one plant well watered. Soak it and let it drain all that it's going to then weigh that. Then the other 11 plants take no time whatsoever. I can water them to that weight and move on to the next one. They are in individual trays, so if some drained out it will likely get absorbed into the pot within an hour. If not I'll dump the trays, but so far it works like a champ.

And there's no waiting on the first one after you get a pot/plant size figured out. Those little 1/2g pots with soil, a 4" plant and a hydrofarm tray weigh 850g when soaked. As the plants get bigger it goes up by whatever the plant weight is, but you just need to get close.

The pots were down to the 600g range which is light enough to add more. They got topped up to 950g with a full dose of coconut water, and after inspecting each plant I'll be punching the timer buttons when i hit "post reply". Flipping at 4 weeks for all but the SWxP which is at 6 weeks.

This lot is twice the plants that the just-flipped ones were. Everything in the early flower tent had lanky structure, no branching, and basically a lot less bio-mass. This group seems to have made up for that. If they get close to needing water after a day I'll stick them in one gallons while waiting on them to show rather than stressing them out.