SoLow's never ending thread

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
What wattage are you running those lights? They're much closer than mine and she's still praying. Looks good. I just raised mine a few more inches and cranked it up to the max 620w. They're all praying, no burn, no excessive heat stress. But I'm like 22-24" away I believe. I still need to bring out the quantum par meter and check the new settings.
Im running them each around 180, I think... I need to check again lol. I know I turned it down a little last run cuz I got some bleaching.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
I have some wedding cake S1's that I couldn't wait to get and start. Now that I have them, they keep getting pushed back further and further because my grows and plans are dictating my direction. They're lining out future grows repeatedly. I have a big project coming up thats going to take a lot of time and space. That's really going to put many on the back burner. But damn I've seen so many beautiful looking wedding cake pics.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
I have some wedding cake S1's that I couldn't wait to get and start. Now that I have them, they keep getting pushed back further and further because my grows and plans are dictating my direction. They're lining out future grows repeatedly. I have a big project coming up thats going to take a lot of time and space. That's really going to put many on the back burner. But damn I've seen so many beautiful looking wedding cake pics.
Yea, I couldn't resist popping that one. But I know what ya mean pushing things back, I got so many more I wanna try out, and maybe start chucking a little pollen
Makes sense. And you opted out of the 550's right? If I recall you went with individual boards. I think 132's.
I'm rocking 3 of the 260 watt qbs in there, so I definitely got room to play with, I think I was a little over 200 watts last run and the plant was shorter, and got some light bleaching... different plant tho. I feel like i'm improving but still don't quite have these lights dialed in the best they could be. I need a par meter, although the lux meter app on my phone kinda gives me an idea lol

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Yea, I couldn't resist popping that one. But I know what ya mean pushing things back, I got so many more I wanna try out, and maybe start chucking a little pollen

I'm rocking 3 of the 260 watt qbs in there, so I definitely got room to play with, I think I was a little over 200 watts last run and the plant was shorter, and got some light bleaching... different plant tho. I feel like i'm improving but still don't quite have these lights dialed in the best they could be. I need a par meter, although the lux meter app on my phone kinda gives me an idea lol
I hear ya on trying to dial it in. I'm in the same boat. I ran them at 70-80% last run. Now I'm trying max power to see if I get better results. I tried the phone app and personally I wasn't a fan of it. I may not have been using it correctly either. I don't know. I didn't feel like I had a good grasp on how to effectively use it. But I'm digging the quantum par meter. Here's to hoping we find that killer sweet spot soon. Cheers.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
I hear ya on trying to dial it in. I'm in the same boat. I ran them at 70-80% last run. Now I'm trying max power to see if I get better results. I tried the phone app and personally I wasn't a fan of it. I may not have been using it correctly either. I don't know. I didn't feel like I had a good grasp on how to effectively use it. But I'm digging the quantum par meter. Here's to hoping we find that killer sweet spot soon. Cheers.
Im not much of a fan of it either, but it's something lol. And I'll definitely be watching your grow to see how it goes. I might crank one of them lights up a little, and see how the other plants handle it. I think it's too late to crank up the light over bridezilla, unless I bend that girl over a little lol

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Keep forgetting to put updates on my OWN thread lol. Here's a little of what's been going on in my growspace for the past week...

Bridezilla reached the lights, so I forcefully bent her over. 20190609_182049.jpg20190610_015659.jpg

Here she is next to the wedding cake s1
20190609_182233.jpg

And my little gmoozy for the solo competition.
20190610_175502.jpg

More updates to come, I got my first scrog going on now of some sour larry lime pebbles by thunderfudge genetics under my gavita in my RDWC. I'll get some pics of that tonight when I get home.

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
Keep forgetting to put updates on my OWN thread lol. Here's a little of what's been going on in my growspace for the past week...

Bridezilla reached the lights, so I forcefully bent her over. View attachment 9756View attachment 9758

Here she is next to the wedding cake s1
View attachment 9759

And my little gmoozy for the solo competition.
View attachment 9760

More updates to come, I got my first scrog going on now of some sour larry lime pebbles by thunderfudge genetics under my gavita in my RDWC. I'll get some pics of that tonight when I get home.
Indoor is all about the training. Always looking for ways to do it better. This next run I think I’m gonna do extra small tomato cages to start with pipe cleaners to hook cages to stems. I think I’m gonna put the SCROG net in first and the tomato cage within the net, on amazon you can buy small cages that come apart, should be a fun experiment. How do you typically train?

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Indoor is all about the training. Always looking for ways to do it better. This next run I think I’m gonna do extra small tomato cages to start with pipe cleaners to hook cages to stems. I think I’m gonna put the SCROG net in first and the tomato cage within the net, on amazon you can buy small cages that come apart, should be a fun experiment. How do you typically train?
I tried manifolding my first grow and really liked it but it definitely added some time. Since then I usually top at the 3rd node and just let 4 main colas grow from it. Haven't really done any other training since my first grow but I think i'm really gonna like this scrog.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
What wattage are you running those lights? They're much closer than mine and she's still praying. Looks good. I just raised mine a few more inches and cranked it up to the max 620w. They're all praying, no burn, no excessive heat stress. But I'm like 22-24" away I believe. I still need to bring out the quantum par meter and check the new settings.
I was way off on the lights lol. I thought 180, but im actually pushing 235

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
I think I need to flip soon... i have fallen way behind schedule... i need to make sure this area in my basement has no light leaks, and I need another carbon filter and extraction fan ASAP for when these start flowering.
15606960048863759982362977333978.jpg

and this bridezilla is the fastest growing and most vigorous plant I have ever grown, even in veg. But in flower, you best believe that bitch will stretch AT LEAST 4X... maybe more...
20190616_103939.jpg

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
@SoLowDoughLow what are you running for nutes again, PPM and pH?
I'm starting with ro, and I add calmag first, anywhere between 150-200 ppm. I noticed they like more calmag under the quantum boards.

Then I add megacrop. Depends on what stage, but around 275-300 ppm for seedlings, 400-600 ppm veg, and 600+ ppm for flower, depends on what the plant likes really. For example, bridezilla needed 1000 ppm during stretch, but is feeding right around 800 ppm right now.

The last few weeks of flower, I plan to add bud explosion as a PK boost.

And as for ph, I like to at least stay between 5.5 - 6.5, but noticed my plants seem happiest when drifting around 5.8 - 6.5. I think it may be because they have been calmag whores lately and calcium is absorbed better above 6.0 ph. But i could be wrong lol

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Thanks for the detailed outline. That is very close to my regimen except I use GH 3 part and adding koolbloom a bit later. How do you know when to bump up ppm? My ppm was dropping 30-40 ppm a day with steady 5.9 ph. 810 yesterday 750 today. Drinking 2 gal of water a day. I've been keeping the res 50 ppm above the system.
Also what do you watch for to know they're needing more cal mag than usual? Sorry for all the questions, I find this to be very interesting.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Thanks for the detailed outline. That is very close to my regimen except I use GH 3 part and adding koolbloom a bit later. How do you know when to bump up ppm? My ppm was dropping 30-40 ppm a day with steady 5.9 ph. 810 yesterday 750 today. Drinking 2 gal of water a day. I've been keeping the res 50 ppm above the system.
Also what do you watch for to know they're needing more cal mag than usual? Sorry for all the questions, I find this to be very interesting.
The only reason I knew they like more calmag under the quantum boards is because I have run the same strain under my de gavita also. And it only showed signs of deficiency under the quantum boards until I bumped it up.

The area in the leaves between the veins will start to lighten up and turn almost white, and in bad cases look like this, which I believe is mag deficiency. It also had some rust spots around the edges which I think is calcium deficiency. This was my bridezilla, and heisen suggested bumping my calmag slightly and using no pk boosters until the last few weeks. I believe he said the extra k could also possibly be locking out calcium.

But for real bro, i'm a stoner with a shitty memory so keep that in mind lol

20190611_205127.jpg

And it depends how much my ppm is dropping, but typically if I notice it dropping, let's say 50 ppm, I would probably bump it up about 30 - 50 ppm and see what happens. If it drops again I'll bump it a bit more, if it raises i know that was too much and I'll drop it just slightly too find the sweet spot. Sometimes you'll find it and won't have to adjust shit for like a week cuz the ppm and ph will basically strike a balance and remain stable. But that depends greatly on environment too I believe, and how much your plants transpire.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
The only reason I knew they like more calmag under the quantum boards is because I have run the same strain under my de gavita also. And it only showed signs of deficiency under the quantum boards until I bumped it up.

The area in the leaves between the veins will start to lighten up and turn almost white, and in bad cases look like this, which I believe is mag deficiency. It also had some rust spots around the edges which I think is calcium deficiency. This was my bridezilla, and heisen suggested bumping my calmag slightly and using no pk boosters until the last few weeks. I believe he said the extra k could also possibly be locking out calcium.

But for real bro, i'm a stoner with a shitty memory so keep that in mind lol

View attachment 11038

And it depends how much my ppm is dropping, but typically if I notice it dropping, let's say 50 ppm, I would probably bump it up about 30 - 50 ppm and see what happens. If it drops again I'll bump it a bit more, if it raises i know that was too much and I'll drop it just slightly too find the sweet spot. Sometimes you'll find it and won't have to adjust shit for like a week cuz the ppm and ph will basically strike a balance and remain stable. But that depends greatly on environment too I believe, and how much your plants transpire.
Thanks for sharing that, very good explanation and visual. I have one big lower fan leaf that has rust spots but that's it. Maybe it happened early on and I should just cut it off. When you're bumping PPM, do you do it with your nutes, cal mag, or both? Do you follow a scaled calculation based on mL/gal to start then eyeball the rest? Or is it just a pinch of this and a dash of that until you get to your desired PPM?
I'm a stoner too just a really inquisitive one lol.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Thanks for sharing that, very good explanation and visual. I have one big lower fan leaf that has rust spots but that's it. Maybe it happened early on and I should just cut it off. When you're bumping PPM, do you do it with your nutes, cal mag, or both? Do you follow a scaled calculation based on mL/gal to start then eyeball the rest? Or is it just a pinch of this and a dash of that until you get to your desired PPM?
I'm a stoner too just a really inquisitive one lol.
Yea, I have considered the ratios and all that shit but I just increase the megacrop, and it does have some calmag in it too so that helps.

And when im increasing my ppm, I do basically just guess at first and calculate based on that. But I've started making a concentrated solution of megacrop. Im still trying to find the strength I wanna use. But once I get a set formula, I will know exactly how much it will raise the ppm per gallon.

My last megacrop concentrate was too weak. Every 2 tsp would only raise it 50 ppm per gallon so I have increased the strength.