"Phinest" seeds

D

Deleted member 60

sadly....this company doesn't respond to questions or complaints regarding their gear. 2 messages, completely ignored. I was even nice....

Ahhhh...but I see on IG that they DO have a nice, new van with "Phinest" decals on it though. (I put in $150 toward the purchase) Prolly workin on nifty t-shirts right now as well. Maybe even key FOBS.

It's obviously very special to be so very special.

30+ years of growin'...NEVER had such a shitty go with a pack of seeds. ONE seed pops out of a pack? OK..there are 2, very pale ones left. I have little hope they will act any differently than the other 8...but we will see @ some point if they pop...if..that is...the weed is good.

Either way...I'm sorry to say that I can't/won't recommend these guys whatsoever @ this point in time. Buy something else.

D

Deleted member 60

Fuck me...I just wanted to grow some plants....not hold a grudge/feel ganked/have to go on the Warpath/etc.

IG is such a suck up place...I dunno if it's even worth it to pitch a bitch. I'd likely hear the typical shit about my lack of experience/etc....when..I'm gonna bet...I've been growin this plant for close to as long as these guys have been alive. It is what it is. Bottom line.....I won't be giving them anymore of my cash.

gotta hope the last 2 pop....and more importantly...there's something worthy here to take up the slack and make up for their total lack of respect towards their customers.

D

Deleted member 60

I put my $.02 in at IG.....so we will see if that generates a response or not. It appears I am not alone in inquiring/complaining and then being ignored.

Either way, like you say Heatheraider, I'm done with 'em and am done trying to chase folks down who....by their own inaction.... just don't seem to give a fuck.

D

Deleted member 60

Definitely NOT alone in this. I've hooked with a few others who I mailed or who mailed me who have also found numerous duds in their ($150) packs.

Got a response....as I said on the Heisen thread....they wanted info on my grow style and germination process...

IME....anytime it reverts to "how did you" vs. "Sorry that we"....and whenever it takes someone 4 days or more to respond...3 times in a row.... um...yeah...

And the lone plant I got to go....curled...shriveled...and died. Again...everybody else in the same pop with the same light/fert/treatment are rockin'..... so i dunno WTF is up but >something< is up with their seeds.

Looks like I'll likely be eatin' this one.... cus I'm not sure I want replacements even if they offer 'em.

D

Deleted member 60

Uhhhhummm......without a doubt...the same free advertising these guys get also gives the customer a platform they wouldn't have otherwise. I dunno what these cats would have done if this was all back channel/private but the comments on IG got their attention...finally....and they now say that they will replace this pack.

I'll close this thread out on my end when I see that pack in my hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 60

Fuckin A.....that P-E-R-S-P-E-C-T-I-V-E thing again raises it's head......

Dunno what's up....but it seems the guy who was emailing me from Phinest..."Jai".....has suddenly passed away. Man that's sad shit... anybody hear any details/how/what happened/etc.?

Plant 'em up folks....you just never know....

suthrngrwr

Transcendental Humanist, AnCap & Weed Enthusiast
Fuckin A.....that P-E-R-S-P-E-C-T-I-V-E thing again raises it's head......

Dunno what's up....but it seems the guy who was emailing me from Phinest..."Jai".....has suddenly passed away. Man that's sad shit... anybody hear any details/how/what happened/etc.?

Plant 'em up folks....you just never know....
He doesn’t seem to have a large social media presence so the info has been difficult to track down. Too bad too — he was doing awesome work reviving old cuts. I’ve seen the before and after on the Chem D when grown from tissue culture.

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
He doesn’t seem to have a large social media presence so the info has been difficult to track down. Too bad too — he was doing awesome work reviving old cuts. I’ve seen the before and after on the Chem D when grown from tissue culture.
Is there a difference? How does tissue culture "revive" a cut?

Not asking with any spite or passive aggression just curious on how the tissue culture changes old cuts, or revives them. I haven't research tissue culture since the cannabis culture magazine days. Cheers

pleasecheese

Really Active Member

Not asking with any spite or passive aggression just curious on how the tissue culture changes old cuts, or revives them. I haven't research tissue culture since the cannabis culture magazine days. Cheers
picked up a few of their clones a couple months a ago. All of their strains look different from each other which is nice. here is a clone of the meat breath vegging outdoors. i really like the stuff they are putting out. Imeatbreath.png

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN

sterile environment with tissue culture. You take clones from a desireable plant, find out later that mother is pm prone, genetic drifted, etc, whatever, any clones made in the super sterile environment will not have the problems the mom has/had, not to mention from one small sample, you can make a bazillion, super clean clones. Regular clones will still finish faster, just makes sense, but with tissue culture, its only bout a two week or so difference, plus you can hold the tissue as long as you might need, another desireable feature. Mulitple strains growing at same time may be hard to get nailed down, but all in all, its the way of the future, especially when you find your holy grail plant, from seed or clone.
just my interpretation.

suthrngrwr

Transcendental Humanist, AnCap & Weed Enthusiast

As previously stated, it is a way to take a genetic sample and propagate in a sterile environment — exactly what happens when growing from seed. I haven’t been growing long enough to witness it myself, but all the old growers I’ve chatted with mention old cuts losing vigor and some genetic expression over time. Usually due to poor environmental control when the cuts are taken from the mother plant.

For genetic banks, tissue propagation is the way to go. Hell I might dive into it myself so I can maintain a large genetic library in a small space 👍

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
NIce! I remember reading about it being sterile and being able to make tons of "clones" from a small amount of material, but that makes sense that "refreshing" the cut through that sterile propagation would be a thing.

D

Deleted member 60

I guess I'll pop these last Watermelon Kush seeds and hope something comes from 'em.....

Never heard a peep from these cats. I'ma let it slide because of the circumstances...and the fact that there are far too many other seeds I need to pop to spend time groveling for replacements. I'm just done with them.

Ok...unless ya wanna share cuts.....LOL....

Grow hard boys....there ain't no timeline or guarantees.

SCJedi

Synergist
As previously stated, it is a way to take a genetic sample and propagate in a sterile environment — exactly what happens when growing from seed. I haven’t been growing long enough to witness it myself, but all the old growers I’ve chatted with mention old cuts losing vigor and some genetic expression over time. Usually due to poor environmental control when the cuts are taken from the mother plant.

For genetic banks, tissue propagation is the way to go. Hell I might dive into it myself so I can maintain a large genetic library in a small space 👍
Wrong, not exactly what happens from seed. Tissue culture is all in vitro and a plant from a seed is never in a sterile environment unless placed there. Multiplication and rooting are different phases initiated by adjusting various hormone levels. You can grow a plant in vitro without any roots at all.

Also, if you start with a nodal plantlet you don't always "clean" your plant cutting. It's best to take a meristem sample using a microscope. The stem cells are clean and undifferentiated. They typically grow too fast to be affected by viruses.

SCJedi

Synergist
I've also had weird experiences with Phinest. I have called them three times to inquire about work since I do TC and we are neighbors. Nada.

They have half-assed QA/QC on their service end including seeds and only charge $150-$300 a pack. However, they do occasionally drop clones locally as @pleasecheese stated. Their lava cake, orange creamsicle, and a couple other can be had for about $20 each. A FRACTION of what Archive was asking for clones when I was in Portland recently.

D

Deleted member 60

I just gave up. I know how death fucks shit up and the silence/weirdness around how this guy checked out made me think that it was best to just walk away and chock it up to "one of those things". There are simply too many seed sellers out there to play games/hassle with such things. At least it wasn't me....there are quite a few reports out there of folks having problems with these seeds. Still have a few I'll pop at some point but not holding out much hope after such a lackluster germ last time(s).

In their defense though...I can only imagine how many calls they get/others who are up and rockin' get from the folks out there just gettin started who think there's gonna be an "in" and are lookin for a job cus they grew in a closet once. Gotta be damn hard to "weed" through/out the wannabees from the guys who truly have experience/time under their belt (like you) and know something worth paying for.

Different day, different times. We never had access to cuts like that in the old days. So easy to be a "grower" nowadays....LOL. Would be nice to try some of those cuts out...but LOL...not gonna happen around here...

Maybe if you call and tell em you're the IRS they will call back...LOL