Meatmans Never Ending Grow Journal

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
had it ever eaten bids on you? Or grind them to nothing? How many days dry before you throw it through the gauntlet?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
had it ever eaten bids on you? Or grind them to nothing? How many days dry before you throw it through the gauntlet?
I have a $99.99 bowl trimmer from the amazon... All the same get the cheapest if you go that route. The tricks are the gearing, (the blade under the screen turns a lot faster than you spin the crank) and the screen the bud scoots across as the blade snips what sticks through.

Mine has a wire grid, so in theory mine get beat up a little more than his on that flat perforated sheet.

If you do it when the bud is green you lose any foxtails, so I hand-trim any top beauties I want to keep in tact.
If you do it when the bud is just dry, you knock more keif out of it during the process. but the foxtails or any littl nubs have tightened up and you don;t lose as much.

If you have stuff that is fluffy and larfy, it will take more since more can stick down through the screens.

Meatman

Meat Master
Gave these girls a trim job today too they are 1 week into flower 3 sangria cookies, the 2 in the back are topanga banana, 2 in the front are stank bubbles, than the row of 3 on the right the 1 in back is a county ticket the 2 in front are purple jelly pie975AF804-0583-4A48-8B98-E2F12869842A.jpeg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@H.A.F. Have you ever flowered in 1 gallon pots like I am this round..if so have you had any issues?
Just for a competition, and it sucked. Ended up watering every day, rootbound issues and it hermed. Got almost 200 beans out of a foot-tall plant that weighed in at about a half ounce dried. Didn't even know it had beans until it was dry and I started jarring it.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
@H.A.F. Have you ever flowered in 1 gallon pots like I am this round..if so have you had any issues?
These were flipped when they had only 5 sets of leaves, including the single blade leaves. They remained in 1/3rd liter pots until they were sexed, then transplanted to one gallons.

Height seems to be strain dependent since they range in height from about 12” to about 22”.

I’m in Promix and water pretty much every four days.

F47D5B4B-725B-4AF1-8B8D-3A34D15763C2.jpeg640E172E-9CA6-4554-89AE-D679E45439E0.jpeg9AD04BF1-9532-4039-A842-598AAAF19A33.jpeg

Meatman

Meat Master
These were flipped when they had only 5 sets of leaves, including the single blade leaves. They remained in 1/3rd liter pots until they were sexed, then transplanted to one gallons.

Height seems to be strain dependent since they range in height from about 12” to about 22”.

I’m in Promix and water pretty much every four days.

View attachment 84547View attachment 84548View attachment 84549
That’s awesome I transplanted mine from solo cups to 1 gallons than waited a week and topped them and than waiting 4 days and flipped them hopefully they do good I have so fire genetics going so hopefully I didn’t mess them up

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
First off, my bad - it was a solo cup. Turned out beautiful, just full of beans, and it was a fem seed from ILGM. Very stable- boring genetics.
IMG_4499 (2).JPG
Don't want to clog your thread, but I tried something that might be worth a thought. My VSL is supposed to be long flowering, and I was worried about the 3 gallon being big enough. It was dry yesterday so I lifted it out of the pot to look. Not too bad, but there had previously been some room at the top of the pot, so I added a layer of new soil on the bottom and stuck the thing back in. squished it around a bit to get everything xettled then watered it in.

Using the nursery pots instead of fabric, re-potting is nothing. So that is always an option if shit goes sideways (mine never looked like it was)