Higher Power Genetics

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
Ready now, HighPower.Live
Soon Seed Cellar as well as Great Lakes genetics will be carrying regulars. Feminized seeds dropping between 07-30 to 08-15.View attachment 137329Some head-stash ‘88 G13 Afghan’ :) nothing like the classic indica hybrids in my opinion.
Checked out your site man....fucking awesome!
Some of the most thorough and detailed explanation I've seen!!
Definitely gonna score some Thai Fighter when I get some funds!

Last edited:

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
Nearly pure White Truffle Devil Driver terpenes, notice that the liquid reflects almost no light, to the point that it’s crystal clear. These went into the dark freezer immediately after. E96E55D5-545C-419E-B3DC-1703F9458D98.jpegIn my next experiment I’m going to decarb low and slow to remove all of the co2 before collection and avoid the faint decarb smell this one has. Still very smooth out of a vape with 90% distillate ratio. I’m pressing my director for melting & decarbing THCA diamonds out of a centrifuge instead of distillate… so much easier and cleaner imo. Only concern is going to be heavy metals from outdoor flower, that’s why distillation is still the purest method we have for anything.

Attachments

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Nearly pure White Truffle Devil Driver terpenes, notice that the liquid reflects almost no light, to the point that it’s crystal clear. These went into the dark freezer immediately after. View attachment 137568In my next experiment I’m going to decarb low and slow to remove all of the co2 before collection and avoid the faint decarb smell this one has. Still very smooth out of a vape with 90% distillate ratio. I’m pressing my director for melting & decarbing THCA diamonds out of a centrifuge instead of distillate… so much easier and cleaner imo. Only concern is going to be heavy metals from outdoor flower, that’s why distillation is still the purest method we have for anything.
does any of this translate to a whisky still, cause i need more info on this diamonds thing ,i would realy like to watch that process. do you have vids on line?

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
does any of this translate to a whisky still, cause i need more info on this diamonds thing ,i would realy like to watch that process. do you have vids on line?
I don’t, I should really make some.
This doesn’t translate to whiskey unless you’re using some advanced equipment. To separate grain from alcohol with a centrifuge you’d need high speed and temperature control. Those are a little pricy but can separate pretty much any material on earth. To distill whiskey you’d need a wiped film evaporator. The traditional old school methods for purifying whiskey are tried and true (assuming you know how to avoid methanol) and there’s something satisfyingly primal about those methods, maybe that’s why we like growing cannabis.THCA is unique in that it tends to crystalize under lots of (+) pressure and/or right amount of heat. In a closed loop system, I like to push nitrogen into the warm jacketed collection pot at the end and literally push the crystals together into diamonds, similar to the formation of earth’s diamonds under the pressure of tectonic plates moving. It also pushes the butane out of the material and reduces the terpene loss in the vacuum oven. Only downside is pressure cooking diamonds takes way more time from the closed loop’s work day, and probably results in some terpene loss. For those reasons a centrifuge would suit us better with the next column up and running simultaneously. The centrifuge also allows you to get at the terpenes/flavonoids/fats/waxes without any extreme heat being applied to them. You can really pick exactly what you want when the thca crystals are stuck in the filter on top, and the flavonoids (red layer) terpenes (clear if they’re pure) and fats/waxes (dark black) are separated into layers in the steel ‘jar’ below.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member

This doesn’t translate to whiskey unless you’re using some advanced equipment. To separate grain from alcohol with a centrifuge you’d need high speed and temperature control. Those are a little pricy but can separate pretty much any material on earth. To distill whiskey you’d need a wiped film evaporator. The traditional old school methods for purifying whiskey are tried and true (assuming you know how to avoid methanol) and there’s something satisfyingly primal about those methods, maybe that’s why we like growing cannabis.THCA is unique in that it tends to crystalize under lots of (+) pressure and/or right amount of heat. In a closed loop system, I like to push nitrogen into the warm jacketed collection pot at the end and literally push the crystals together into diamonds, similar to the formation of earth’s diamonds under the pressure of tectonic plates moving. It also pushes the butane out of the material and reduces the terpene loss in the vacuum oven. Only downside is pressure cooking diamonds takes way more time from the closed loop’s work day, and probably results in some terpene loss. For those reasons a centrifuge would suit us better with the next column up and running simultaneously. The centrifuge also allows you to get at the terpenes/flavonoids/fats/waxes without any extreme heat being applied to them. You can really pick exactly what you want when the thca crystals are stuck in the filter on top, and the flavonoids (red layer) terpenes (clear if they’re pure) and fats/waxes (dark black) are separated into layers in the steel ‘jar’ below.
it's all in the temp to stay away from methanol .

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member

the only dealings i've had with a centrifuge was seeing them used to get dirt and gunk ,out of diesel fuel.i didnt know they were used for more high dollar product.