Help on a SOG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
so about 4inch or so, I have square pots, so that's a plus
They need a 6" pot worth of dirt at a minimum if you are finishing them in it. Clones not as much as seed because no tap-roots but you can water as much as you want and they'll still hate you. Here's some other random stoner stuff for what it's worth.

The single cola thing is gonna be dependent on how you prune it.
If you jam them together and they can't grow sideways, they grow up.
The pot size if jammed together is gonna determine your spacing and how wide the plants can get.
A 6" pot means you have 3" inches that plant can stretch sideways before hitting the next plant. That's a small leaf.

Oh - pics or it never happened LOL

Streetpro09

Tester
They need a 6" pot worth of dirt at a minimum if you are finishing them in it. Clones not as much as seed because no tap-roots but you can water as much as you want and they'll still hate you. Here's some other random stoner stuff for what it's worth.

The pot size if jammed together is gonna determine your spacing and how wide the plants can get.
A 6" pot means you have 3" inches that plant can stretch sideways before hitting the next plant. That's a small leaf.

Not my picture to start. I've read about guys doing sog like this. They defoliate at 21 and 45 days if i remember correctly. You have to have the right strain and i think they use a clone with good roots and put it right into flower.

d25_pan.jpeg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Not my picture to start. I've read about guys doing sog like this. They defoliate at 21 and 45 days if i remember correctly. You have to have the right strain and i think they use a clone with good roots and put it right into flower.

View attachment 98573
And that 2l bottle has about a 6" diameter, and holds about the same amount of dirt as a trade one-gallon pot. People flower in that size pot all the time but it's usually out of curiosity, space limitations, a competition, or for sale. Your goal makes a big difference.

Streetpro09

Tester
@H.A.F. that picture is to show what the goal looks like. Have you read much about SOG? It's usually used as a commercial practice to get the most weight from a lights footprint. At least that's the way i understand it. If i remember right, they were getting about 1oz from each plant. Clones are used for uniformity. Definitely wouldn't want to drop seeds to grow like this. They wouldn't be mature before you had to flower them or they'd be too big. That's why they put clones right into flower.

Fyi: A 2l bottle is, on average, 110 mm in diameter or about 4.33 inches.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@H.A.F. that picture is to show what the goal looks like. Have you read much about SOG? It's usually used as a commercial practice to get the most weight from a lights footprint. At least that's the way i understand it. If i remember right, they were getting about 1oz from each plant. Clones are used for uniformity. Definitely wouldn't want to drop seeds to grow like this. They wouldn't be mature before you had to flower them or they'd be too big. That's why they put clones right into flower.

Fyi: A 2l bottle is, on average, 110 mm in diameter or about 4.33 inches.
I dig all that, but those 2L bottles are cut so they are deep and there is a good dirt volume. There's a BIG difference between what you say is 4.33", and a 4" nursery pot. That is likely less than 4" deep.

Streetpro09

Tester
I dig all that, but those 2L bottles are cut so they are deep and there is a good dirt volume. There's a BIG difference between what you say is 4.33", and a 4" nursery pot. That is likely less than 4" deep.
I didn't get what you were referring to until i reread the thread.

so about 4inch or so, I have square pots, so that's a plus
So we'll both agree that 4" square pots are too small. They won't hold enough dirt because they arnt tall enough. If you wanted shorter pots 6" would probably be the ticket.

Personally I'd be collecting 2 litter bottles. They're free if you find someone who drinks alot of pop.

F series

Insanely Active Member

I didn't get what you were referring to until i reread the thread.

So we'll both agree that 4" square pots are too small. They won't hold enough dirt because they arnt tall enough. If you wanted shorter pots 6" would probably be the ticket.

Personally I'd be collecting 2 litter bottles. They're free if you find someone who drinks alot of pop.
Haha, my 3 inch pots probably hold more than half a nursery gallon. Let me show you what I'm think about.

With depth like these, it's width I care about, but if 4 inches is consensus, I'd say I'm golden

These are premium sog pots, don't be jealous of my shitty autoflower that fetches $50,000 per pack

IMG_20210909_191541493_1.jpg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Haha, my 3 inch pots probably hold more than half a nursery gallon. Let me show you what I'm think about.

With depth like these, it's width I care about, but if 4 inches is consensus, I'd say I'm golden

These are premium sog pots, don't be jealous of my shitty autoflower that fetches $50,000 per pack

View attachment 98596
Show me when it's grown out...

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Hand, I've ran lines before, whatever method I chose wasn't really worth it imo.

I'll either get a tray and Feed bottom up, or get a sprayer with a long nozzle
If you go with a sprayer then I'd suggest making something like what I made when I was doing a lot more hand watering. I bought THIS cheap $20 pump from Amazon, connected the input to the tank where the sprayer wand connects to, then connected the wand to the output. It auto turns off when you release the handle, but it does that based on pressure which can cause a quick pressure burst when you go to water the next plant, so I used a foot pedal to cut power to the pump rather than use the built in pressure switch.

Here's a demo video of it in use.

F series

Insanely Active Member
If you go with a sprayer then I'd suggest making something like what I made when I was doing a lot more hand watering. I bought THIS cheap $20 pump from Amazon, connected the input to the tank where the sprayer wand connects to, then connected the wand to the output. It auto turns off when you release the handle, but it does that based on pressure which can cause a quick pressure burst when you go to water the next plant, so I used a foot pedal to cut power to the pump rather than use the built in pressure switch.

Here's a demo video of it in use.
Wow that flow is perfect too,