Growing, Cloning, Harvesting, Curing & More Tips and Tricks!!!

I wanted to start a thread for the forum for current members to provide any tips and tricks of anything to do with growing cannabis. They can be pretty much anything as long as they have to do with the subject. Bro science? So what....Actual science? Even better. My point is, there's no right or wrong answers. Just things you have done to make life easier on yourself. I figured a thread like this would be really helpful for the new grower or even someone like me just looking to learn it all. Just remember though....what works in YOUR garden, may not work in OTHERS.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Buying an aeroponic clone was one of my best investments. I have not been able to clone plants no matter what I tried...probably because I space out and forget to change the water out often enough. I was going to build my own, but couldn't even build one for under the cost of prebuilt systems I found online, so I plunked down the change for a Clone King 32. I went from 0% success rate to about 80%, but the ones that didn't make it were because they were bad cuts.

Here's the clone king when I set it up on July 1st
trqdhDb.jpg

This was how the roots were looking after 10 days
khNOSe5.jpg
Then again at 15 days when I started transplanting some into pots
JkU9bpG.jpg

edMOLgw.jpg
Here are some of the clones after 20 days (5 days in soil) and they are taking off with new growth already.
9dMklVd.jpg
iU01hWI.jpg
LbMQGDI.jpg
rkjaTqy.jpg

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering why I have them on a scale. I know the soil in those pots is close to dry at 220g and I then water them until they hit 320g-330g which saturates them just enough before they have any run-off.

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
Buying an aeroponic clone was one of my best investments. I have not been able to clone plants no matter what I tried...probably because I space out and forget to change the water out often enough. I was going to build my own, but couldn't even build one for under the cost of prebuilt systems I found online, so I plunked down the change for a Clone King 32. I went from 0% success rate to about 80%, but the ones that didn't make it were because they were bad cuts.

View attachment 65159

View attachment 65160
View attachment 65162

View attachment 65161
Here are some of the clones after 20 days (5 days in soil) and they are taking off with new growth already.
View attachment 65163
View attachment 65164
View attachment 65165
View attachment 65166

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering why I have them on a scale. I know the soil in those pots is close to dry at 220g and I then water them until they hit 320g-330g which saturates them just enough before they have any run-off.
Aerocloners are badass.

I built my own using a 5 gallon bucket, love it. My success rate is around 90%+ since I've been using it. I already had buckets with lids and a cheap pump laying around, so the build cost was whatever the sprayers cost and the time it took me to assemble.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Aerocloners are badass.

I built my own using a 5 gallon bucket, love it. My success rate is around 90%+ since I've been using it. I already had buckets with lids and a cheap pump laying around, so the build cost was whatever the sprayers cost and the time it took me to assemble.
Yeah, if you already have the parts from an old fish tank then all you really need is spray nozzles.

Here’s all the clones I have going in my small tent. 8 Purple Haze, 5 AK-47, and 4 Northern Lights from seed.
BFA053CC-BBFF-4F09-8247-6948D2BD549B.jpeg

View attachment 65159

View attachment 65160
View attachment 65162

View attachment 65161
View attachment 65163
View attachment 65164
View attachment 65165
View attachment 65166

Do they need to be ran in a high RH environment? Or will room temp be fine...

Clone King recommends no dome and to just mist them a couple of times a day for the first few days if you think they need it. I didn’t bother misting and they did great with just a basic fluorescent shop light a few inches over them.
Starting to see the Clone King pop up more and more now, Everytime I see it mentioned it's always something really good too. Thanks for adding this. Cloning is 110% something that can be a PITA in the garden.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Starting to see the Clone King pop up more and more now, Everytime I see it mentioned it's always something really good too. Thanks for adding this. Cloning is 110% something that can be a PITA in the garden.
It’s built really well, too. The reservoir and the lid are made from a nice heavy plastic. I put off buying one for so long, but it was worth every penny.

It’s built really well, too. The reservoir and the lid are made from a nice heavy plastic. I put off buying one for so long, but it was worth every penny.
I have had damn near 100% rates in soil with a Solo cup filled with soil, tape, plastic sandwich bag and rooting gel. Super simple and you can even put the cup in your window if you wanted. When I started taking cuts and rooting them hydroponically, that's where my rates dropped big time. I am trying a new way now. I'll know my success rates hopefully any day now. If it isnt good, I am just gonna buy the 36 site King.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I have had damn near 100% rates in soil with a Solo cup filled with soil, tape, plastic sandwich bag and rooting gel. Super simple and you can even put the cup in your window if you wanted. When I started taking cuts and rooting them hydroponically, that's where my rates dropped big time. I am trying a new way now. I'll know my success rates hopefully any day now. If it isnt good, I am just gonna buy the 36 site King.
Yeah, I just suck at every manual method I've tried, and I don't know why. My friend's mom lives in Maine and, whenever I go to visit she has cups filled with cuttings of random types of plants all over the shelves in he big plant window and they all root no problem. Last time I was there I told her she should start growing weed with those cloning skills. She's in her late 60s to early 70s, and loves weed, so I'm surprised she hasn't grown her own yet.

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
I wanted to add to the cloning with the aero cloners, I have been using a homemade version with a recipe I found online for rez clear. Add one gram of HTH pool shock to a gallon of pure water to make concentrate. This can be used at 6 ml per gallon in the cloner res. It keeps every thing clean and sterile, when I clean the cloner it only needs a good rinse and it dosen't have that slimy feeling on all the inner parts. I recently have left the plants in there for almost three weeks now without doing anything. The plants seem to like the mix as they perk up and turn dark green. I am not sure how it works but it works well20220915_181308.jpg20220915_181348 (1).jpg.