Glad to be here!

JaggedGardens

Hey all. Just joined up, and hoping this will be a great place to share some cool grows, pics, and have some smart chatter about our favorite plant.

I grow in coco with dry organic amendments (Happy Frog, Gaia Green, or GeoFlora). At some point I hope to become more invested in living soils and no-till, but currently the space just isn't there.

Here is a pic or two (or three...or four) of my current star, Kashmir (Azad/POK) X GMO. I'm calling her "Goldilocks", and she's the basis for a line I foresee working toward the F5/6 gen over the next couple years. Here she is between 6 and 7 weeks light dep.20211216_184546.jpg20211216_193821.jpg20211217_213956.jpg
20211217_214004.jpg

Thanks for looking, everyone, and I'm looking forward to my time here!

Marked
JaggedGardens

JaggedGardens

Thanks all, and Happy New Year!

How long does she usually flower for
Hey Fiddler's, this is her from seed, so I've been learning her growth and timeline as I go, and I've been pretty happy with the results so far. It looks like her early window for harvest is actually 6-7 weeks from flip to 12/12. That's admittedly on the very early side and a lot faster than I had expected given how long her mom (GMO/clone only) takes to get there. At 6-7 weeks the effects are extremely positive, uplifting, warm, and a little trippy even, by weeks 8-9 she is still overwhelmingly positive, but has lost some of the effervescent/Champaign-like joy. I've handed out samples to maybe a half dozen people, and everyone comes back with a slightly astonished report at how energetic she is...my chiropractor made the comparison (and I quote) "...like blow, but weed...".

We'll see what she does as a clone over the next couple of months, but so far she's the star sativa of my little grow, and a very lucky find given how limited my pheno hunting capability is space-wise.

@m4s73r is the dude to talk to about living soil
Good to know, and thanks! I'm looking forward to tooling around Chuckers a bit to find where the good shit is, and that sounds like a good place to start.

Thanks again all, glad to be here, and I look forward to getting to know the community.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
Thanks all, and Happy New Year!

Hey Fiddler's, this is her from seed, so I've been learning her growth and timeline as I go, and I've been pretty happy with the results so far. It looks like her early window for harvest is actually 6-7 weeks from flip to 12/12. That's admittedly on the very early side and a lot faster than I had expected given how long her mom (GMO/clone only) takes to get there. At 6-7 weeks the effects are extremely positive, uplifting, warm, and a little trippy even, by weeks 8-9 she is still overwhelmingly positive, but has lost some of the effervescent/Champaign-like joy. I've handed out samples to maybe a half dozen people, and everyone comes back with a slightly astonished report at how energetic she is...my chiropractor made the comparison (and I quote) "...like blow, but weed...".

We'll see what she does as a clone over the next couple of months, but so far she's the star sativa of my little grow, and a very lucky find given how limited my pheno hunting capability is space-wise.

Good to know, and thanks! I'm looking forward to tooling around Chuckers a bit to find where the good shit is, and that sounds like a good place to start.

Thanks again all, glad to be here, and I look forward to getting to know the community.
I've got a closely held closely cross of Pre '98 Bubba Kush x Moonlight Haze that people often describe in a similar way. It was called Hillbilly Hobby by the breeder, it's at least 80% sativa, likes to go ten weeks. I do like those energetic sativas, indicas just make me want to nap and that's not so much fun.

I'm looking forward to seeing how yours runs out!

JaggedGardens

That's very cool, and it's exciting how much variety there is to find yet humbling how little control we really have in terms of just what genetics roil to the surface pheno/chemotypically.

Sativas are a crap shoot for me and there is not a lot of middle ground, they are either happy, enjoyable, and productive, or they're really uncomfortable in the head. The SMF GMO cut (mom of the above) is like that, although I know a lot of people really dig her. I'm just glad the Kashmir dad seems to have added value by knocking off her rough edges, folding in a lot of joyful zaniness, vastly reducing flowering time, and all without effecting potency. Dumb luck on my part, but I'll take it!

I'll get a journal going with her clones. Might be time to try marcotting as a rooting technique, we'll see.