Excellent Gummy Recipe

Nugz

I spent a bit perfecting it but it is pretty damn good.

It checks off the boxes:
1: No need to refrigerate
2: Is solid and not sticky
3: Lasts for weeks
4: Tastes good
5: Strength can be adjusted
6: Good for THC and or CBD infusion
7: Easy to make without special equipment

Just thought I would share. It is hard to find a full proof recipe that is easy. I like to be able to follow exactly and it work. lol

Attachments

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado

It checks off the boxes:

Just thought I would share. It is hard to find a full proof recipe that is easy. I like to be able to follow exactly and it work. lol
Thanks for this ! 👍

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL

It checks off the boxes:

Interesting, I'm using the same recipe for the candy part. Couple of questions

The instructions say FREEZE, but the box checkoff says no need to refrigerate.....Which?

The instructions are calling for the gelatin mix to go right into hot liquid.....What happened to blooming? The gummy recipe here calls for blooming

GUMMY_RECIPE

I see you have doubled the Citric from that recipe and was curious what you gained.

Lastly, why unrefined Coconut oil instead of the refined version?

Also, do you have a text file that you could upload for the instructs instead of a jpeg.

Thanks...been practicing and should get my molds within a week for the real deal. Also waiting on lecithin.

Sparrowhawk420

Insanely Active Member

It checks off the boxes:

I use a very similar recipe, but without the coconut oil or lecethin. I beat my FECO into the corn syrup, then melt that into my already heated jello mixture to get it to mix. Only other ingredient I add is Instant clearjel(modified cornstarch). Still working on perfecting the process, but I'm almost there.

Just finished making a batch, can't wait to try em', 2 tone/flavour and extra potency for the lock down. I'll get some snaps when they come out of the moulds later.

My biggest tip is to get one of those refillable sauce bottles for filling the moulds, those droppers are both messy and time consuming;)

Nugz

Interesting, I'm using the same recipe for the candy part. Couple of questions

The instructions say FREEZE, but the box checkoff says no need to refrigerate.....Which?

The instructions are calling for the gelatin mix to go right into hot liquid.....What happened to blooming? The gummy recipe here calls for blooming

GUMMY_RECIPE

I see you have doubled the Citric from that recipe and was curious what you gained.

Lastly, why unrefined Coconut oil instead of the refined version?

Also, do you have a text file that you could upload for the instructs instead of a jpeg.

Thanks...been practicing and should get my molds within a week for the real deal. Also waiting on lecithin.
1. The initial freeze is just to set the bears and make it easy to remove from the molds.
2. This does not require blooming which actually adds air, (bubbles), to the mix
3. I increased it to ensure shelf life and it adds a touch of sour.
4. Unrefined coconut oil is cold pressed and does not contain trans fat, it's natural. I have not used the refined before but it would have less coconut taste.
It won't let me upload a word .doc.
Give me an email and I can send it if u wish.

Attachments

Sparrowhawk420

Insanely Active Member
Fucked this batch up trying to avoid 'the froth', I've read/seen that the froth is caused by overheating, seems like I've not heated these enough..............not a total loss, I'll remelt everything, make sure it gets hot enough this time then back into the moulds, shame I'll lose the 2 colours tho.....20200330_143113.jpg

Last edited:

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Fucked this batch up trying to avoid 'the froth', I've read/seen that the froth is caused by overheating, seems like I've not heated these enough..............not a total loss, I'll remelt everything, make sure it gets hot enough this time then back into the moulds, shame I'll lose the 2 colours tho.....View attachment 54709
I like those two colors.......is that all done at once, with 2 different mixes....or pour half.then the other half later?

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Ran a 6 oz box in sour cherry, and this is what I got. These are Dinoberry Bites infused. I ate one train car and some slag..........aok!

I have my own version/recipe, similar but different to everyone elses. No boiling, boiling gelatin is verboten. ;) These are going to work, lol. Some cool molds, happy with that purchase. Little bears are normal sized, 3 ml the bigger bear is 6 ml. The spaceship and the train car are 12 ml. lightning bolts are 4 ml and the shooting stars are 7 ml.

Buzz is coming on whoah...never eat slag. Oh the orange ones are non meds in mango.
Gummy00001.jpgGummy00002.jpgGummy00003.jpgGummy00004.jpgGummy00005.jpgGummy00006.jpgGummy00007.jpgGummy00008.jpg

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Fucked this batch up trying to avoid 'the froth', I've read/seen that the froth is caused by overheating, seems like I've not heated these enough..............not a total loss, I'll remelt everything, make sure it gets hot enough this time then back into the moulds, shame I'll lose the 2 colours tho.....View attachment 54709
The froth, is from the gelatin bursting from getting too hot. I use a double boiler, range burner set to 4.......stirring......when I start to see bubbles around the perimeter of the pot.....it's done.

I did use virgin coconut oil, and sunflower lecithin, in addition to guar gum, citric, and corn syrup. So far so good, I'll see what they look like in a few days.

I noticed a bit more shrinkage in the bigger molds.

Last night, I ended up eating 2 train cars and one spaceman and the slag of course, woke up high, lol. So, I figured hair of the dog and all......and ate one of the 6 ml bears this am. I like my buzz! :cool::love::cool:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer

It checks off the boxes:

I just made a batch with this recipe in berry blue (turns out BERRY green).

I will do cherry when the coconut oil is made. 40 grams of Topanga in just under 1 cup of oil in the Ardent right now.

1 batch of gummies and 1 batch of chocolates. The chocolate is dangerous because it tastes so good. I made 2 chocolate bars in my silicone loaf pans. Each bar has 3000mg of thc. I have them cut in 12s but after the first one tasted so good i ate another one to see if it was my imagination.

Chocolate wafers...melt in double boiler (6 oz) add coconut oil and stir until smooth then pour in mold.

I used white and semi-sweet 3 oz of each and it tastes like a milk chocolate bar. If only i had pistachios i would have ground some buds and sifted into the bar and add pistachios so you dont notice it

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
I just made a batch with this recipe in berry blue (turns out BERRY green).

I will do cherry when the coconut oil is made. 40 grams of Topanga in just under 1 cup of oil in the Ardent right now.

1 batch of gummies and 1 batch of chocolates. The chocolate is dangerous because it tastes so good. I made 2 chocolate bars in my silicone loaf pans. Each bar has 3000mg of thc. I have them cut in 12s but after the first one tasted so good i ate another one to see if it was my imagination.

Chocolate wafers...melt in double boiler (6 oz) add coconut oil and stir until smooth then pour in mold.

I used white and semi-sweet 3 oz of each and it tastes like a milk chocolate bar. If only i had pistachios i would have ground some buds and sifted into the bar and add pistachios so you dont notice it

"The chocolate is dangerous because it tastes so good. " Dat's true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was pretty simple, eh? Ground Macadamias are worth considering also ;) It's all good!!

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
The gummies taste fantastic too...really sour just like i like em. The recipe takes longer but its a keeper too.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I made sour cherry and sour green berry and 2 batches of chocolates.

For the gummies i increased the guar to 1 tsp and 1/2 tsp of citric acid...to boost the flavor i added cherry no name drink powder.

They taste like pro candy. And the texture and firmness is the best so far...i will go to full horse hoof and bring them back.

I have 1kg of platinum sheet grade gelatin...1000s of gummies. Holy shit...tomorrow..i am going to coat some gummies IN THE CHOCOLATE... There goes tomorrows plans..