Eso's tester comp!

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
OBSM chop. It could have went another week but i ran into space issues. I need some jazzier sativa leaning so it will work out. It smells very orange. I believe it is day 63. This is 50 50 milky and clear. 7 to 10 days would amber it up.
View attachment 24930
The Obsm pheno I got nearing the end looks very sativa leaning with her big fluffy buds but that's from the oj#3 cut and that one you just chopped was from oj#1. #1 was more hybrid lvtk leaning and #3 was a bit more on the sativa side of the hydrid.

I do need a nice Jack herer cut for that nice sativa mix. I like the antidepressants type high the Jack throws out every now and again

SSGrower

Average Grower
View attachment 21555View attachment 21556View attachment 21557
3 DBB and 2 Welchie water a splash of microbes now and then, transplant in a few weeks, then they go on a rack in front of 320W of led.

Edit- in top pic 3 dbb are back row 2 welchie in front in the other 2 they are the 5 on the left side of the tray.
Lookin forwarward to the DBB but if you force me to pick a favorite based on this veg, the Welchies are the ones I would bet on. Even though they have thos "wonky" starting leaves, it dosnt seem to affect them.

Looking good man! Flower time is always the best part. Can't wait to see how they flower out for you. So far the dbb is throwing out some nice berry grape terps and I'm digging the one I got in late flower.

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
Lookin forwarward to the DBB but if you force me to pick a favorite based on this veg, the Welchies are the ones I would bet on. Even though they have thos "wonky" starting leaves, it dosnt seem to affect them.
I really think someone is going to find an incredible pheno in welchie. That and the all valley grape (grape bubba x gs) should put out some heaters.

The wonky leaves are just in the genetics, here's the lvtk clone in veg. She'll throw some wonky leaves sometimes20191007_192022.jpg

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
I think I figured out which are which with the avg and welchie, I think I just labeled them backwards. The top two both have same duck foot leaves on 2nd nodes which is what the grape bubba did as well so pretty sure those are the avg. Then bottom to both have fat leaf blades kind of like lvtk did young, I think anyway?
20191007_213908.jpg

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Dynoberry Bites is a really nice smoke. The flavor is a sweet berry flavor with a hint of skunk. You can smell a bud on a plate in the room. It tastes like the tip of a wine tip cigar. That fruity berry skunk delicious. Really nice bud density and shape. Solid buds with good bag appeal. And I forgot an 8 week finisher with amber trichs!

I love the taste of Orangeberry Smoothie but I like DBB better. It is a more dummying kind of stone and great for watching a movie.

Thanks Eso...really. What a treat to grow a tester and have it grow nice. But better still getting to taste that bud and having it surprise you in its wonder.

I love everything about the strain and it will work very well on my lower clearance light side of the room. I can see myself really figuring out how to clone and to run this in the flood and drain. With safety scissors.

the next 2 are going in bubble buckets so i can fatten them up and see how fat can you stack em. They are above ground now.
DSCF2960.JPGDSCF2963.JPG

Last edited:

Main Cola

Chuckers Paradise
Dynoberry Bites is a really nice smoke. The flavor is a sweet berry flavor with a hint of skunk. You can smell a bud on a plate in the room. It tastes like the tip of a wine tip cigar. That fruity berry skunk delicious. Really nice bud density and shape. Solid buds with good bag appeal.

I love the taste of Orangeberry Smoothie but I like DBB better. It is a more dummying kind of stone and great for watching a movie.

Thanks Eso...really. What a treat to grow a tester and have it grow nice. But better still getting to taste that bud and having it surprise you in its wonder.

I love everything about the strain and it will work very well on my lower clearance light side of the room. I can see myself really figuring out how to clone and to run this in the flood and drain. With safety scissors.

the next 2 are going in bubble buckets so i can fatten them up and see how fat can you stack em. They are above ground now.
View attachment 25059View attachment 25060
Those look like some really nice tight nugs right there ..Great job 👍

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
Dynoberry Bites is a really nice smoke. The flavor is a sweet berry flavor with a hint of skunk. You can smell a bud on a plate in the room. It tastes like the tip of a wine tip cigar. That fruity berry skunk delicious. Really nice bud density and shape. Solid buds with good bag appeal.

View attachment 25059View attachment 25060
Thank you for running them and sharing your experience. I'm stoked to hear it is living up to what I hoped it would when I made the cross. Both parents are really spot on in their flavors, that black dog is dead on blackberry in smell and flavor and g sato is blueberry reincarnated, imo.

It's nice to hear the dbb is a nice stone too, I need more indica leaning phenos in my life at the moment too. Cheers and thanks G!

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
Definitely just reversed the names on my 2 avg and welchie, I can see that now. The two avg have the mutant duck foot leaves 2nd node. And welchies have similar look and smaller one is showing a leaf twist just like momma so I'm excited to see her flower, fingers crossed.
Here is that little leaf twist.
20191008_205712.jpg

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Welchie is getting fat colas. And wow this is a sticky plant. I had to suspend some branches with wire and it left me tacky. This is going to be a good yielder the branches are heavy already. I lost a Welchie in here someplace. I will get a pic of it tomorrow.
Day 38 of flower.
DSCF2983.JPG
OBSM day 28
DSCF2984.JPG

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
Welchie is getting fat colas. And wow this is a sticky plant. I had to suspend some branches with wire and it left me tacky. This is going to be a good yielder the branches are heavy already. I lost a Welchie in here someplace. I will get a pic of it tomorrow.
Day 38 of flower.
View attachment 25248
OBSM day 28
View attachment 25247
That's a beautiful looking cola going on with that welchie! Sticky like her mother too, that's great news. Cheers gwheels looking Aces man

Texagonian

Outlaw
I’m gonna step out on a limb and say they’re probably close to done. Just gonna fill in and swell from here. Nice stacking! Gonna be real nice. Just chopped all mine!🍻✌🏻

Texagonian

Outlaw
That’s a tough one as far as stands out. I have a different pheno on each kind. One welchie frosted up heavier than the other and is probably the frostiest of the bunch. I have one obsm that was the tallest of all the plants and had longest branches. That one has a real nice orange and skunk reek to it and the other smells almost like orange juice. Smells on welchie are more rancid like grapefruit and skunk. The dbb one faded with some purple and black in the leafs and the buds aren’t the biggest but the smell on her definitely has the blackberry and fruity pebbles aka dinoberry bites cereal smell with skunk undertones. Buds are solid and leaf to calyx ratio is a trimmers dream. The other dbb is green and smells more of grapes with a conical top bud. All are sticky and my carbon filter has its work cut out. I have a big boy 12” fan and almost 4 foot filter if things get too bad. I cut the main fans off but left the sugar leaf to assist in a nice slow even dry. Again, these were some of the easiest growing plants with zero issues. I didn’t push them hard so I could see what they can do with just enough to be healthy but didn’t use enhancers and only gave two bloom boost feedings at half strength. I harvested on day 55 of 12/12 with milky only trichomes. Most of my peeps like a good rush and don’t want to be in the couch. I’ll try to get a good pic of them hanging but wanted to wait for the dry and trim to present the finished product in all it’s glory. Thank you @thenotsoesoteric for the opportunity to test for you. Now I need to holler at you for some packs for the future. These will be a staple in the garden for sure 🍻🙏🏻✌🏻

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
That’s a tough one as far as stands out. I have a different pheno on each kind. One welchie frosted up heavier than the other and is probably the frostiest of the bunch. I have one obsm that was the tallest of all the plants and had longest branches. That one has a real nice orange and skunk reek to it and the other smells almost like orange juice. Smells on welchie are more rancid like grapefruit and skunk. The dbb one faded with some purple and black in the leafs and the buds aren’t the biggest but the smell on her definitely has the blackberry and fruity pebbles aka dinoberry bites cereal smell with skunk undertones. Buds are solid and leaf to calyx ratio is a trimmers dream. The other dbb is green and smells more of grapes with a conical top bud. All are sticky and my carbon filter has its work cut out. I have a big boy 12” fan and almost 4 foot filter if things get too bad. I cut the main fans off but left the sugar leaf to assist in a nice slow even dry. Again, these were some of the easiest growing plants with zero issues. I didn’t push them hard so I could see what they can do with just enough to be healthy but didn’t use enhancers and only gave two bloom boost feedings at half strength. I harvested on day 55 of 12/12 with milky only trichomes. Most of my peeps like a good rush and don’t want to be in the couch. I’ll try to get a good pic of them hanging but wanted to wait for the dry and trim to present the finished product in all it’s glory. Thank you @thenotsoesoteric for the opportunity to test for you. Now I need to holler at you for some packs for the future. These will be a staple in the garden for sure 🍻🙏🏻✌🏻
This is the dbb with the “fruity cereal” smellView attachment 25293
Thank you for growing them and for the reports/pics! It takes a village to raise a kid! They all sound and look delicious to me. Was hoping the welchie would throw out grapey or berry terps more so but grapefruit sounds good too.

Let me know how they smoke when you get around to if too, please :D The Texagonian smoke report

Texagonian

Outlaw
Unfortunately I have to pass around the fruits of my labor and let someone else explain what they are tasting, feeling, etc. I unfortunately have been unable to burn for a little over five years since changing jobs and being forced to have a cdl which comes with randoms. It’s getting harder and harder as the days, weeks, months, years roll by. Full disclosure here, just wanted you to know. Hopefully my eldest daughter and some family that I will share with can do as I ask and give me a solid report. They know I don’t accept things like, it’s really good, it’s dope, yada yada yada. I want smells they are getting, flavor on inhale, flavor on exhale, smooth, harsh, effects etc. I’m gonna have to get some over to homie @spyralout for one of his fantastic smoke reports. Anyways, thanks again and maybe one of these days I’ll be able to once again partake in the other half of what I love to do. 🍻✌🏻

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Unfortunately I have to pass around the fruits of my labor and let someone else explain what they are tasting, feeling, etc. I unfortunately have been unable to burn for a little over five years since changing jobs and being forced to have a cdl which comes with randoms. It’s getting harder and harder as the days, weeks, months, years roll by. Full disclosure here, just wanted you to know. Hopefully my eldest daughter and some family that I will share with can do as I ask and give me a solid report. They know I don’t accept things like, it’s really good, it’s dope, yada yada yada. I want smells they are getting, flavor on inhale, flavor on exhale, smooth, harsh, effects etc. I’m gonna have to get some over to homie @spyralout for one of his fantastic smoke reports. Anyways, thanks again and maybe one of these days I’ll be able to once again partake in the other half of what I love to do. 🍻✌🏻
Thanks Tex for the kind words and considering me 😃 it sucks bad that you can't enjoy the fruits of your labor. You are a good man for doing what you do for your family and friends as well as our community. That day when we can burn a few and bs about everything will be that much sweeter when it happens. Keep pushing my man 👊👍