Dry sifting to make some hash

Autodoctor

That's all the dry kief I collect. Like to use it for making moon rocks. All other trim, lard and leafy stuff goes to making my RSO. Like the trim bins.
yeah wish I new how, well now how but nervous on the process on making hash oil to actually make the full version of moonrocks. But adding the good dry shifted pollen from your trim and larf the your bag of buds after harvest during the drying process and shaking it all up does add a nice little kick to your weed

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
yeah wish I new how, well now how but nervous on the process on making hash oil to actually make the full version of moonrocks. But adding the good dry shifted pollen from your trim and larf the your bag of buds after harvest during the drying process and shaking it all up does add a nice little kick to your weed
To make the oil you just soak whatever in alcohol, strain it well, then let the alcohol evaporate. If you do it with iso then smoking it is your only option, but if you use everclear you can use decarbed material and make tinctures/edibles as well. The iso might not hurt you ingested in those quantities, but I'd rather not mess with it. Personally if I make any oil I use everclear just in case.

SEBUD

Super Active Member
To make the oil you just soak whatever in alcohol, strain it well, then let the alcohol evaporate. If you do it with iso then smoking it is your only option, but if you use everclear you can use decarbed material and make tinctures/edibles as well. The iso might not hurt you ingested in those quantities, but I'd rather not mess with it. Personally if I make any oil I use everclear just in case.
I have the Source Turbo by ExtractCraft. It was a little expensive but after figuring out how much I was spending on alcohol just to let it evaporate into the air the machine has done paid for itself several times over. I get 200 proof non-denature alcohol from XFBEX.com.
When preparing my stash I decarboxylate about half to two thirds of it. There's a lot of meds in the the Acids and I have found that it helps the wife a lot more than decarboxylating all of it. After removing the oil from the machine I let it sit in a cupboard with the lid off gets rid of any remaining alcohol.
@Autodoctor @H.A.F.
Just finished this batch. Smells and tastes great. Once you get to this point there are a ton of different things you can use it for. 🌱 🔥 🔥
20220313_102528.jpg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Once you get to this point there are a ton of different things you can use it for.
I use decarbed nugs the same way. I'll eat them as is, grind it up on whatever dish like a finishing spice, dry rubs, toss it in the pot of whatever, try to get a little in everything. I have infused EVOO that was run through twice with new material the second time and it is pretty potent.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Also canna-salt and sugar. The infused alcohol will not dissolve either of those. I mix the weed-a-hol and salt (or sugar) then let the alcohol evap. Stir it every once in a while. When you jar it you can check for alcohol smell pretty easy, but the more I thought about it the more I realized it doesn't even matter. It's not water that will mold.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Best I have found is to get a tray just big enough for it to set in and deep-soak it in the 97% isopropyl. The smaller the container the less alcohol you need to submerge it.

Hit it with a brush on both sides then rinse it in a fresh tray of alcohol, or have a spray bottle of it there to rinse. If you just let it dry it can stay tacky if the alcohol was saturated. If it stays tacky, soap won't fix it.

That's my last step after the alcohol. Just wash it and dry it well.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
X3 on isopropyl alcohol only thing I have found that's cheap enough and does a good job find a pack of cheap brushes at harbor freight some pie pans and I reuse the alcohol a couple times pour into a pop bottle using a small funnel

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
But now to figure out how to get them clean for next use. Elmers and super should have looked into cannabis to use to make glue. Any recommendations besides hot water and dawn. Seems like it’s gonna take super unleaded to clean them
when you use the super unleaded ,i would like to run that thru my old truck i bet it would make the exzhust smell good.

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
But now to figure out how to get them clean for next use. Elmers and super should have looked into cannabis to use to make glue. Any recommendations besides hot water and dawn. Seems like it’s gonna take super unleaded to clean them
henry ford used it to make a whole automobile, even used it for fuel and lube.when a old timey 12 lb. sledge hammer bounces off it has to be tough as ell.

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
Also canna-salt and sugar. The infused alcohol will not dissolve either of those. I mix the weed-a-hol and salt (or sugar) then let the alcohol evap. Stir it every once in a while. When you jar it you can check for alcohol smell pretty easy, but the more I thought about it the more I realized it doesn't even matter. It's not water that will mold.
my learnin curve ,i am behind bad.

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
Any moonshine you get legal is tempered to about 80-120 proof, usually closer to 80. Better to get Everclear which is almost pure grain alcohol. It's 95%abv or 190 proof so it washes perfectly and quickly, leaving no goodies behind, then it is food-grade so you can use it for everything.
the shine i get ahold of is hot, it will dry on your lips, before you can get it chocked down!