Citizin 1212 80CRI

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I understand these are older. I have 4 in 3k in a fixture X 2 and will use them. What would in notice as the difference compared to a vero? The lights can top out at 240 watts for 4 cobs and i might run them at 200 watts (50 watts per cob).
I will see how it works for my space.

But what is the difference?

The timber i have has vero latest gen 3.5k at 90CRI

I am using the lights anyway I am just out of my depth with understanding efficiency and what difference it makes.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
I understand these are older. I have 4 in 3k in a fixture X 2 and will use them. What would in notice as the difference compared to a vero? The lights can top out at 240 watts for 4 cobs and i might run them at 200 watts (50 watts per cob).
I will see how it works for my space.

But what is the difference?

The timber i have has vero latest gen 3.5k at 90CRI

I am using the lights anyway I am just out of my depth with understanding efficiency and what difference it makes.
What series Vero are in the Timber?

Boybelue

Super Active Member
What series Vero are in the Timber?
He said latest gen. So i figure 7. Do you know the whole part # of your cobs? I was looking at cdiweb at the citis and i think the ones i got off ebay might be the shittiest ones i could get. CLU-1212C4-353H6M3-F3. Any opinions?Screenshot_20190321-233852_Chrome.jpg

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
I was wondering if they were Vero18 or 29's. I went to timber and see they only have fixtures that use the 29's.

Boybelue

Super Active Member
Wheres the best place to get those bjb cob holders for the citizen. Id like to get some pin/fin passive heatsinks for these also if i can get some for low low, if not i have some arctic 11 plus active sinks ive had stored up for yrs, but if i have to buy any xtras theyve nearly doubled in price now.

Boybelue

Super Active Member
Im under the impression that the Vero29 gen 7 are nearly twice that of a Citi CLU048 1212.
What are you referring to? LES? How important is the LES? Ive noticed a lot of the smaller cobs in size have the same output as larger ones. The 3590 dwarfs the clu048 in size but not so much in performance.

Highsince76

Super Active Member
Wheres the best place to get those bjb cob holders for the citizen. Id like to get some pin/fin passive heatsinks for these also if i can get some for low low, if not i have some arctic 11 plus active sinks ive had stored up for yrs, but if i have to buy any xtras theyve nearly doubled in price now.
Cobkits.com shows finned aluminum heat sinks in a couple sizes for around $15 to $20. Don't know if that is really good or not, but it don't sound bad to me.

Boybelue

Super Active Member
Every pic you've seen me post was grown under gen 6 citi 1212's. They get the job done for me. now i am running them 1per sqft. 35-40watts a piece
One of my 4x4s i intend to run 16 at 700mA. I think at that current i can run 8 cobs on the hlg 185. Would you say go with the A driver and not mess with dimming below that current?

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
It's a bit old but check it out. Pretty small difference for the price. And for me a local store to go to and get citi s and meanwells. I'm a brick and mortar guy, support my local business's and such. Like to go get my shit and go home with it too. Lol. Instant gratification. Lmfao.

I think this is basically what was being touched on in regards to there being such an inconsiderable amount of lumens difference for the price points when run at equal mA etc. Nice, simple test. Good find! I wish all manufacturers based their data sheets off of the same test/amperage/temps etc.

Boybelue

Super Active Member
I wouldn't do a separate dimmer. A model is good, can even get a few more ma than rated out of them. That's pretty low ma already, I wouldn't see a separate to 10% type dimmer as a needed item. Except maybe for plant viewing, if that. Lol. Or if you just wanted to. Lol.
Yeah really no need to dim below .7amps. I do like being able to throw 8 of them on that one driver. And im with yall on the comparison chart, wish they would at least list all the info as far as C, mA, lm's etc... thats what had me going with cdi.web they didn't break it all down. I like to see them ran similarly for comparison.