Buying new inline fans

Bobby_Resigliano

Violence. Speed. Momentum.
My situation is switching from a 4x8 tent and two 6" vortex fans to using two 4x4s with two 6" fans each. One will be for veg and one will be for flower. I'd like to buy two new inline fans and use them with the vortex units. I would like to get more vortex but they have doubled in price since I bought them a few years ago. I've been looking at a few brands but really want to try the AC infinity brand. If you know of anything similar please feel free to share.

I've been eyeing the AC Infinity Cloudline Pro T6 fan controller combo. I planned on buying two of these and splitting them between the tents. My environment controller is kind of a basic POS and the ACI units look much better. I'm pretty sure this is possible but i just need to also get two of these?

Also looking at getting this for the flower tent. I think my old vivosun has definitely had it. Anyone have experience with this or the reg sized ones?

I think I've seen a few of you guys with these. I'd like to get two of these as well. I'd hope they last awhile.

What do you guys think?

Bobby_Resigliano

Their clip fans and carbon fifers are great and I’ve been running their T4 and T6 fans for years with no complaints. What did you want to use the outlet plug for? I haven’t tied one of those yet, but they seem like they’d be great for controlling a small heater or a humidifier.
That's what I think I need for the vortex inline fan and a male to male connector as well. I could also use it for a heater or dehuey.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
My situation is switching from a 4x8 tent and two 6" vortex fans to using two 4x4s with two 6" fans each. One will be for veg and one will be for flower. I'd like to buy two new inline fans and use them with the vortex units. I would like to get more vortex but they have doubled in price since I bought them a few years ago. I've been looking at a few brands but really want to try the AC infinity brand. If you know of anything similar please feel free to share.

I've been eyeing the AC Infinity Cloudline Pro T6 fan controller combo. I planned on buying two of these and splitting them between the tents. My environment controller is kind of a basic POS and the ACI units look much better. I'm pretty sure this is possible but i just need to also get two of these?

What do you guys think?
Since they came up with the clip-fans all my ventillation and air movement needs are AC Infinity. Even a few tents, and three lights. I admire their company because they got into the business naturally. They were doing ventillation before weed people found them. But weed beope found them and they embraced that. I have had the clip fans since they were availablt as a pre-order, pre-production thing and they all still work. I have a spare as a back-up that's still in the box. Their in-line fans are what got the ball rolling and they are workhorses.

Bobby_Resigliano

I just bought the two 6" pros, XL 6" air scrubber, and 6 of the outlets for inline fans, dehuey, heater, humidifier, etc. Came out to $520 on Amazon with code ROWSOF420. That code came in clutch and saved me like $54! I'm gonna wait on the clip fans for now. I should be able to get by with a couple random ones I have.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I just bought the two 6" pros, XL 6" air scrubber, and 6 of the outlets for inline fans, dehuey, heater, humidifier, etc. Came out to $520 on Amazon with code ROWSOF420. That code came in clutch and saved me like $54! I'm gonna wait on the clip fans for now. I should be able to get by with a couple random ones I have.
The main difference with the clip fans besides reliability is noise. They have 10 speeds and you can't hear it even moving until you get to 7 or 8. I haven't had one ratchet out yet where it just starts clicking and doesn't oscillate, and they have very little gap anywhere for dust to get into the innerds. They are just made to spec's way more precise than your walmart or Vivo-sux throw-away fans.

FWIW I have both the oscillating and the stationary in each tent. The mover is between the canopy and the lights, and only comes on with the timer to save the motor a little. The stationary ones are at floor level and run 24/7. Might wear out quicker but they're cheaper to replace. I have the exhaust on 24/7 as well so I have air moving top to bottom even with lights out. I have the light drivers outside my tents as well so the exhaust only has to be a humidity remover instead of a heat remover.

Hope this helpw with the planning and arrangement.

Bobby_Resigliano

The main difference with the clip fans besides reliability is noise. They have 10 speeds and you can't hear it even moving until you get to 7 or 8. I haven't had one ratchet out yet where it just starts clicking and doesn't oscillate, and they have very little gap anywhere for dust to get into the innerds. They are just made to spec's way more precise than your walmart or Vivo-sux throw-away fans.

FWIW I have both the oscillating and the stationary in each tent. The mover is between the canopy and the lights, and only comes on with the timer to save the motor a little. The stationary ones are at floor level and run 24/7. Might wear out quicker but they're cheaper to replace. I have the exhaust on 24/7 as well so I have air moving top to bottom even with lights out. I have the light drivers outside my tents as well so the exhaust only has to be a humidity remover instead of a heat remover.

Hope this helpw with the planning and arrangement.
You definitely helped sell me here lol. I just went back and bought the two auto oscillating clip ons for $89. I wish they had the 9" version ready for sale. When I think about what I paid for those small 4" hurricane fans that pretty much suck ass, which was like $20 each, these seem like a great value at $44.44.

Normally in my flower tent, I run my oscillating fans 24/7 but I'm gonna only run them lights on now. Only the dehuey will run all night if needed. I will also schedule air transfers thru the night with the inline fans since the oscillating fans won't be on. I will prob run the veg tent the same way. A few small changes like always but hoping this time I really get locked in and growing some consistently great dope.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
You definitely helped sell me here lol. I just went back and bought the two auto oscillating clip ons for $89. I wish they had the 9" version ready for sale. When I think about what I paid for those small 4" hurricane fans that pretty much suck ass, which was like $20 each, these seem like a great value at $44.44.

Normally in my flower tent, I run my oscillating fans 24/7 but I'm gonna only run them lights on now. Only the dehuey will run all night if needed. I will also schedule air transfers thru the night with the inline fans since the oscillating fans won't be on. I will prob run the veg tent the same way. A few small changes like always but hoping this time I really get locked in and growing some consistently great dope.
I think the biggest issue people have is humidity spikes at lights out that then hang out until "morning" because the exhaust went off with the lights.

Look at the price of the 6" exhaust and think of it like the fan. I have a spare one of those too. No matter what style of growing the plants are being watered. Dark, moist, and stagnant air is not a good thing. Exhaust 24/7 and if it breaks I put a new one in.

I like spares, but be careful because then all you need is another light and there's another grow ;)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
FWIW I put the first two 6" exhaust in before I joined this forum, like 2018. There have been times when I have let spaces empty for cleaning and had the exhaust off for a few days, but other than that they are on.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I've been pretty happy with their clip fans. The only complaint I have is that the UIS wire on my oscillating clip fan gets a little loose from the oscillation and eventually will intermittently disconnect from the controller. I can tell when it happens because I can hear the fan go to full speed when the controller loses it. When it happens I push it in hard and it stays good for a bit until it loosens again. I'm thinking about putting a glob of hot glue on it to see if that prevents it from happening.

Bobby_Resigliano

I think the biggest issue people have is humidity spikes at lights out that then hang out until "morning" because the exhaust went off with the lights.

Look at the price of the 6" exhaust and think of it like the fan. I have a spare one of those too. No matter what style of growing the plants are being watered. Dark, moist, and stagnant air is not a good thing. Exhaust 24/7 and if it breaks I put a new one in.

I like spares, but be careful because then all you need is another light and there's another grow ;)
My dehuey runs constantly all day. I have to empty that damn thing like 3-4 times a day especially if I get lazy and don't suck up the waste water. I leave the inline fans for the lights on, hot air transfer as I've heard the high humidity can lessen the life of charcoal filters. My tent never gets hot enuf for an air transfer at night even with the dehuey going. It will be much more manageable when I switch the the 4x4 and also hook up a drain line to the dehuey out of the tent.

I've been pretty happy with their clip fans. The only complaint I have is that the UIS wire on my oscillating clip fan gets a little loose from the oscillation and eventually will intermittently disconnect from the controller. I can tell when it happens because I can hear the fan go to full speed when the controller loses it. When it happens I push it in hard and it stays good for a bit until it loosens again. I'm thinking about putting a glob of hot glue on it to see if that prevents it from happening.
I'd be willing to bet that would be a good solution. Especially if you are pushing the cord in at the same time the glue is drying to make sure it doesn't come loose.
I decided not to hook these up to the controller and just use a timer instead. Having only 4 slots meant it had to go to other things instead. I searched the net for the 69PRO+ but couldn't find one anywhere. Not sure if they're just out of stock or not in production yet. I'm guessing the latter. It would have been sweet tho with 8 ports.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
My dehuey runs constantly all day. I have to empty that damn thing like 3-4 times a day especially if I get lazy and don't suck up the waste water. I leave the inline fans for the lights on, hot air transfer as I've heard the high humidity can lessen the life of charcoal filters. My tent never gets hot enuf for an air transfer at night even with the dehuey going. It will be much more manageable when I switch the the 4x4 and also hook up a drain line to the dehuey out of the tent.
Doing living soil I really don't have too much excess water anywhere. The sides of my pot are dry except the bottom few inches on the lined bags. I don't have run-off, and my mulch/covercrop absorbs/uses most of the stuff that might evaporate off the soil. I am mainly dealing with plant transpiration moisture. Your results may vary ;)

Bobby_Resigliano

Doing living soil I really don't have too much excess water anywhere. The sides of my pot are dry except the bottom few inches on the lined bags. I don't have run-off, and my mulch/covercrop absorbs/uses most of the stuff that might evaporate off the soil. I am mainly dealing with plant transpiration moisture. Your results may vary ;)
All these clones are in coco which is good for me cause its no brain needed, water twice a day no matter what. My mix that I made of soil is a touch hot so I will have to blend in some regular soil for the new stuff. The new moms in that new soil are doing great tho. Fountaining new leaves, nice and green. A touch hot but they will be ok. Id like to continue experimenting with coco and soil. It will be a bit harder but I need more growing time to make a permanent switch either way. If I can master the automation for coco, Id like to do both. Coco is nice for how much faster it grows than soil but the flavor could be lacking vs.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
All these clones are in coco which is good for me cause its no brain needed, water twice a day no matter what. My mix that I made of soil is a touch hot so I will have to blend in some regular soil for the new stuff. The new moms in that new soil are doing great tho. Fountaining new leaves, nice and green. A touch hot but they will be ok. Id like to continue experimenting with coco and soil. It will be a bit harder but I need more growing time to make a permanent switch either way. If I can master the automation for coco, Id like to do both. Coco is nice for how much faster it grows than soil but the flavor could be lacking vs.
I am talking more about the growing style than the medium. If you water pre-chelated minerals through soil, coco, rockwool, whatever it's the same type of grow to me. I add almost no food during the grow, and the soil is not that hot. but I have the assortment of minerals in there for the plant to get what it wants. I have the worms and shredder mites constantly decomposing stuff for the microbes and the roots to do their thing.

Mixing soil "hot" is still thinking along "nute" lines. After a grow I dump the soil and let it decompose the roots a little more with some bokashi. After a week or two I'll sift out the roots and cover crop and stick that in a compost bin. I add a about 1/4c Craft Blend per pot of soil and a few other thing that I think help with keeping the bugs good. Black soldier fly frass, crustacean meal, and some bat guano and fish bone meal because.

When I water it's mostly got microbe food in it, or enzymes from a sprouted seed tea, or lactic acid bacteria or wierd stuff like that. There is no runoff, no standing water anywhere, no reserviors being bubbles and adding to the lung-room humidity, just plants breathing. And when I add a top-dress it's mostly worm food, not plant food. Occasionally if I see a plant that looks hungry I'll top dress with castings which is a little more "now" as far as plant food goes.

At first I tried to do way too much and worried about the wrong things. I just broke out my pH meter for the first time in about 3 years - to check the brine on some peppers I'm fermenting ;)