BREWTUS presents: Blackberry soda and bubblegum

BREWTUS

Cheers
Looking great BREWTUS! So how many days after the flip(12/12 ?) did it take aprox for your girls to show pistils and preflowers to your liking to consider it day 1 of flower?
Thanks! 😀
I used to consider it flower when I put them into the flower tent on 12/12, but now I like to wait until I start seeing pistils/preflowers. As for days I don't really have it pinned down for sure, but I would say I really started noticing Blackberry throwing them out a few days ago..
On average it seems like it's usually around 2 weeks give or take. Blackberry is throwing pistils down for sure while bubblegum is still frickin' stretching even more as of today 😳. She's still alright distance wise between her and the lights but I'd appreciate it if she would stop now..lol

BREWTUS

Cheers
Week 11/week 2 of flower-
We are underway in flower now. They are both pretty bushy and I can't wait to give them some defoliation again. I've read on a few different sights that can start being done in week 3 of flower. If that is the case that is when I'd like to do it, and maybe lightly at that for starters. Then subsequently each week where it's needed. I used to just do it whenever I felt but am now kind of trying to adhere to a "guideline" to provide as less stress as I can. I went ahead with premixing 123 base nutes and started out by adding liquid koolbloom at quarter strength. As of Monday evening I did a bit of rearranging. Bubblegum and blackberry now sit kitty corner from each other so they have more breathing room.
20210721_164955.jpg

Bubblegum:
Still had a little stretch in her, but by the end of week 10, started throwing out some pistils making her official. She's established that she is the taller of the two when at first I figured they'd be pretty even with each other. What I've also noticed that I've never seen before, is that there's an extra fan leaf growing out of the center of some of the fan leaf themselves. I've noticed this on a few different areas of her. Pretty fascinating

Ph: 6.2
Ppm: 957
Res temp: 68°F
20210721_170325.jpg20210721_164058.jpg20210721_164051.jpg20210721_164030.jpg

Blackberry soda:
Still just doing her thing. Her intake of nutes has increased and I've been feeding her practically every day. I'll probably have to premix more nutrients sometime this week. Bud sites are forming and becoming more prevalent. Since she didn't stretch as much, I'd like to do some defoliation to open her up a bit more. Bring on week 3 so this can happen.

Ph: 6.1
Ppm: 556
Res temp: 68°F
20210721_164021.jpg20210721_164009.jpg20210721_163936.jpg20210721_163930.jpg

Last edited:

BREWTUS

Cheers
Week 12/week 3 of flower-
Been dumping out the dehumidifier pretty much every day. It's been hot and humid last week and has continued into this week.
Week 3 always feels like a crucial week to me. This is the week that issues seem to "pop up". So far so good for the most part but I'm just steadily keeping a watchful eye. The opportunity finally came to give them haircuts, so the wife took to it last night, and they both look great now. That will also give me a chance to get a better look at them for any potential problems...
20210729_164312.jpg20210729_164643.jpg

Bubblegum:
Speaking of which... I did find a nanner on her about a week ago. It wasn't a pollen sac, and this is the only one I have spotted. This leads me to believe it was possibly stress related and NOT genetics. I'm hoping this was an isolated incident, and perhaps it was maybe even sterile by chance. The rest of her looks fine. So needless to say I've got my eye on her and am checking her everyday to make sure everything is still legit. Gave her water for most of last week resulting in Ppm to go down and ph to slowly drop from 6.2 to 6.0 as of Saturday. Now it's been nutes since Monday. Crystals are starting to form on her leaves and stems.

Ph: 6.0
Ppm: 1125
Res temp: 73°F
20210729_164527.jpg20210729_164408.jpg20210729_164352.jpg

Blackberry soda:
I have been checking this one as well, but see no issues. Just fat bud sites forming along with crystals on her leaves and stems. Even more so than her sister. I have a good feeling about this gal so far. If I had the ability to clone I probably would with this one. She was also getting water most of last week resulting in her ph dropping to 5.8. Same with her uptake on nutes. Since Monday she's been taking them in. Her Ppm is still at a difference than her sister's although it is climbing slowly.

Ph: 6.2
Ppm: 744
Res temp: 72°F
20210729_164343.jpg20210729_164332.jpg20210729_164322.jpg

As for groot, she's about done. I'd say another week or two she'll come down..
20210729_164851.jpg20210729_164844.jpg

BREWTUS

Cheers
Week 13/week 4 of flower-
They both responded well to their much needed haircuts. Solution uptake on both did slow down, probably as a result. The weather outside has let up on the heat and humidity a little bit for now. Fall and spring are my favorite seasons in general but it's also favorable with these tents and basement as well. This tent is starting to smell real good when I open it up.
And as of now our central air took a shit.. yay... so the flower tent is currently up to 84°F right now and I HOPE that's what it tops out at. I did open up the sides of the tent to get more air circulation going, and am crossing my fingers my buddy that works for a heating and cooling company, can get my shit working tomorrow. I also have the light schedule set to be lights off from 4am-4pm. Which is typically the hotter part of the day.. He (my buddy) had to order a new board for the furnace which he suspects is the culprit for the fucked up central air. So I hope this shit ships overnight or whatever. The weather is of course going to be up to 90° again all week starting tomorrow. So that doesn't help. But with the room being in the basement maybe we will get by long enough to fix this problem....fuck!
20210804_192021.jpg20210804_192034.jpg

Bubblegum:
Haven't spotted any issues. I'm still looking but I am feeling better with each passing week. It's plain to see she will be finishing after her sister does. I have been doing a stem rub to smell her. There's a sweet smell starting to come out, but I have yet to smell any sort of bubblegum smell. I hope that starts to change in the coming weeks. She currently just received a nutrient feeding. Res temp is climbing but I do have plenty of oxygen bubbles going and some hydroguard in there

Ph: 5.8
Ppm: 1150
Res temp: 77°F.......
20210804_192104.jpg20210804_192124.jpg20210804_192129.jpg
Blackberry soda:
Chugging right along and as stated above will be finishing before her sister. She's got plenty of whitepistils yet but is already getting more plump. She's been kicking out frost on her leaves like crazy and my camera phone does her no justice in the pictures department. She has and continues to put out a nice sweet funky smell, and her structure is perfect overall. This gal just received some H20. Plenty of oxygen bubbles and hydroguard for this one as well

Ppm: 708
Res temp: 77°F......
20210804_192135.jpg20210804_192142.jpg20210804_192146.jpg

Gave groot a final "flush" and will wait til her soil dries up, then give her the chop. I obviously don't expect much from her as this was more just for fun, but part of me wishes I would've thrown her into a bigger pot.
20210804_192204.jpg20210804_192210.jpg

Looking great B, and that totally suxors on the AC shitting the bed. I hope your ordered board shows ASAP and that fixes the problem.

BREWTUS

Cheers
Hey thanks Z. Yea I went downstairs this morning to check the veg tent to see if the new seedlings (esosseeds: orange berry smoothie and relentless genetics: wham bam) popped. And they did. It was 88°F in there. So I turned off the cobs and turned on the middle Mars led to try and keep things cooler and/or make it cooler. Light was bouncing from the vent of the veg tent and off the wall and I hope it wasn't enough to penetrate through flower tent side that's vented and fuck anything up, like cause some weird reveg etc. It wasn't direct or anything but I'm not even leaving it to chance as everything is going pretty good. I don't want shit to get weird now.

BREWTUS

Cheers
Lights just turned on. It was 85 with the lights off in the flower tent and just hit 86 🥵. Looking for any signs of stress or if they increased solution uptake and I don't notice anything out of the ordinary. It's 87 in the veg tent currently too...

We are about to go dog days of summer here in OK and it always worries me because I don't run a water chiller and my res temps can climb into the high 70's like yours are doing now. But after watching Streetpro09 growing dwc outside I am starting to relax a little bit and just making sure to run 25ml/5gal of AG fungicide for any new bucket of nutes I make and hit them with ice cubes to drop the temp into the low 60's and then feed them to my girls and I can usually get their rez temp to drop a few degrees.
My big one got an up pot and hair cut/thinning yesterday. The smaller got fresh water and thinning today.

View attachment 96934

BREWTUS

Cheers
We are about to go dog days of summer here in OK and it always worries me because I don't run a water chiller and my res temps can climb into the high 70's like yours are doing now. But after watching Streetpro09 growing dwc outside I am starting to relax a little bit and just making sure to run 25ml/5gal of AG fungicide for any new bucket of nutes I make and hit them with ice cubes to drop the temp into the low 60's and then feed them to my girls and I can usually get their rez temp to drop a few degrees.
Yea this Midwest weather is no joke sometimes. It can have the tendency to be bipolar as well. I had a water chiller but put it away and switched it up to hydroguard. Res temps have actually gotten to 80 with no issues. But putting ice packs in the buckets did cross my mind if this central air issue wasn't fixed. I just saw Streetpro09 setup and it's a hell of a one. I never knew that was possible.

Last edited:

Streetpro09

Tester
Truth be told: my outside rez temps stay lower than my inside rdwc. I'd assume it's cause they are in the ground and enough shade from the plant to keep the ground around them cool. Plus no water pump running all the time adding heat.

Yea this Midwest weather is no joke sometimes. It can have the tendency to be bipolar as well. I had a water chiller but put it away and switched it up to hydroguard. Res temps have actually gotten to 80 with no issues. But putting ice packs in the buckets did cross my mind if this central air issue wasn't fixed. I just saw Streetpro09 setup and it's a hell of a one. I never knew that was possible.
I've not seen anyone try dwc outside in all my searches over the years. Was mainly just to see what was possible and what kinda problems arise. If all goes well, next year might be fun. 😉

BREWTUS

Cheers
Week 14/week 5 of flower-
After last week's scare, everything with temperature and humidity is all back to optimal condition. I'm lucky I know a friend that works HVAC and was able to remedy the problem in a fast and cost effective manner. No ill effects occurred during those couple days of no air. One thing I've noticed on both is that some of their hairs on certain bud sites have already turned orange/brownish? I've never had this happen but the research I did revealed that it's supposedly not a bad thing, and they'll make more white hairs..? I may do a little more reading up on this, but as long as there's no harm. I have some pictures of both below..
20210810_195432.jpg20210810_195708.jpg

Bubblegum:
Has some light burn on her top cola. Probably too late to super crop it at this point in time. She's got alot of white pistils and I'm hoping she has some nice chunky spears for colas. Happy to report I have not seen any issues and as the weeks pass by I feel more confident that I won't. As of Tuesday I cupped my hands around a cola to look at it and when I smelled my hands the bubblegum smell seems to be getting louder. Right now she's smelling like a pack of classic pink extra bubblegum. Fuck yea 😎. One last thing I also found interesting was that she's got some bud sights on her leaves?! I've never had this happen before. It's pretty cool

Ph: 5.9
Ppm: 1500
Res temp: 71°F
20210810_195702.jpg20210810_195648.jpg20210810_195626.jpg20210810_195552.jpgScreenshot_20210810-210431_Reddit.jpg

Blackberry soda:
Is filling out nicely, smelling nicely, beautiful structure and just an overall lovely plant. I increased liquid koolbloom over the weeks for her and her sister. I think they are both at 10.5ml currently and I haven't cut base nutes. She (and sister bubble) has been taking it like a champ. I'd like to maybe defoliate her and her sis probably next week. Just cupped my hands around her too and I'm getting what I'd describe as a grape candy jolly rancher kind of smell. Damn I'm getting more excited for the both of these. Looks like it's shaping up to be a sweet harvest 👍

Ppm: 873
Res temp: 71°F
20210810_195519.jpg20210810_195511.jpg20210810_195456.jpg