5 + HB S1 strains phenol hunt for Mothers

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
This HB S1 strains phenol grow is to hunt for mothers. I hope it will produce good information and be of value to fellow growers. The list will expand until the last drop of 2019 from HB currently the list starting with 5
Ice Cream Cake S1
Gorilla Glue #4 S1
ECSD S1 (seed hit the water & sank)
Topanga Cayon S1
Black Banana Cookies S1
2E56C858-FD5B-4F59-A78E-76813AE719D0.jpeg

Attachments

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
NFT table all cleaned ,disinfected, rinse down, dried. New felt for roots,
New 4” Grodan cubes spaced almost
18 - 20 inches. Then covered with panda 🐼 film for protection don’t ya you know 🤓🌺 seedling still 4 weeks away from move in on the NFT but we ready ahead of time 😎👍
All in on this grow here some preparations pics

Attachments

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
I’ll be watching this one. Fo Sho.
I saw your grow journal awesome journey growing the strains up in Canada 🇨🇦!
Gwheels posts in your grow journal thread that the GG4 S1 & GG4 crosses like to stretch 3-4 ft after a 8-12" veg has me wanting to put them in the HB rdwc buckets.
My hgl550 v2 r. needs 24" to prevent burning a flamed buds. I got 36" of grow room from 12" flip zone from veg to flower on the NFT sluice table . But that is it. The buckets I got easy 48"
Of stretch from the 12" flip from veg... but that's only 2 mothers one GG4 S1 & 1 space gorilla cross. I have a 10 bucket system ... I could downsize it to just 2 buckets and a epi if no other S1 or crosses are stretchers like Gg4strain.
As well I saw in one of HB YouTube video posted currently he has hydroton and a grodan 4" block slammed together in like a smaller open square buckets with no problems. I may be able to slam a 4" cube into a 5.5 netbasket without the hydroton underneath and use panda film to cover the bucket tops.
Hey just measured I need 12" from ceiling for cooling requirements. Dang.
Ok I got this, I will take known HB stretching strain to the buckets for veg.
I will let them stretch under brutal 550 v2 r into first 2weeks of flower .
then scrog horizontal at first scrog after midway through flower they should stretch New growth let it get bushy outward I have a surprise 45 degree scrog waiting for the ones seeking outward toward the sides they can fall over. My buckets are 25 centers side to side and my horizontal scrog are only 35" the 45 degree side scrog will hold in for the harvest .... gotta go to lowes for chain & lumber.

Last edited:

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Ok it’s been 30hrs since we started soaking seeds here are the results
BBC S1 - no tail seed just to split
ECSD S1- tail exited seed
GG#4 S1- cracked tail start
Ice cream cake S1 - cracked tail start
Tpng Canyon S1 - cracked tail start
Picture right now at posting.
So with tails are showing it’s time for wet napkin for the four. The BBc stays in pool until she catches up.

Attachments

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
8 ish this morning all HB S1 seeds cracked except the stubborn BBC.
I took a nail file to that bad boy for quite while all over and on both sides.
It still was hard shell I dunked it and put it in the Grodan cube for safe harbor. So everyone is out of the pool.
Skipped the napkin since roots are a seeking so prepped Grodan cubes in
2gal Distilled water added gh micro grow bloom ppm 390 ph 5.7 68.9F
Pics are at potting of seeds in Grodan.
*special note * this tray &dome setup required me to strip the plastic of the cube and still had to force cube into tray square . Did not like it but it’s all I have it’s specifically for Grodan cubes so beware of relying on retailers labeled promises.
So final seeds to rest in the dome with ( 6 ) T5. 54w lamps 300 watts total @ 23.5” above desk.
Here are pics

Attachments

Last edited:

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
6 hours later the HB S1 are breaking ground and are greeted with an extra 100 watts of T5 goodness. I got 6 T5 lamps @ 54w each @ 4100k. We are bumped up from 200 watts which we pounded the ground to get the tops to climb and sink the roots. With green leaves of tenders reaching for food these are HB seedlings 🌱 . I’m going make a batch of ph 5.8 water for the girls to do some small h2o dosing
I’m using the page o which quick drain
So a little refreshing is in order.
Also even the BBC has crack in the pagro ! Here a picture downhole as well 🤓👍🌱🧬
Here is a picture

Attachments

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Took two of the T5 back off too much heat. Will check for any signs of stretching in the morning. I have the hlg550 v2 r if I can’t get what I need from the t5 . I’ll tirn it all the way down @24”.
I did up a batch of 5.8 distilled water 1gallon jug. Hit all the girls with s splash of moisture.

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
BBC S1 stalled out. 4 of 5 are up and feeding. I removed the dome to prevent damp locking (promotes fungus). As well with the dome removed I drop down to 2 T5 at 20” 110w from 220watts less heat to prevent dry out ! I dropped the last 2 seeds of BBC-S1 in water again. I think I will add a little h2o2 to the mix I read on seed and strains they got results with the bbc S1!

Attachments

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Dropped 2 more BBC S1 seeds with 5.8 ph water and several drops of 3%h202 into small red shot cup.
Later I turned out the light put them in bed st time been 48hrs straight lights on since they broke ground
Pics

Attachments

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
When I woke the girls up they were still transpiring in the dark so they awoke to the HLG 550 v2Rspec
Turned all the way down hung at 30”
The S1 were stretching to the t5 but the T5 were too hot 🥵 at 24”
So here the pic with temp under the hlg550v2r @30” turn all the way down.

Attachments

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
So the second BBC S1 seed had opened up and a tail root had started exerting itself out side after 3 days of soaking in 5.8 ph distilled wafer enhanced with 3% h2o2.
Into the grodN root down it went to his am about 03:15 this morning .
My light on is at 3:00am off at 6pm

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Ok the seeds that have failed to to pop out of the Grodan on two separate drops have now been pulled from the seedling tray and placed in mini cups upon a heat mat.
For S1 that would be
BBC I have drop 6 seeds with no success in sprouting above
Coco and now Grodan .
I have another 6 pack unopened
I am saving for micro grow soil.
Seeds germinate tails sprout but I can’t get seedling to sprout above ground for hydro.
Pics

Attachments